So idle flinch is still in the game

• And just as annoying as always. Is this something that we’re just going to have to deal with forever?

• I’m confused. “Still in the game”? It was added this very patch.

• I am guessing OP means it wasn’t added.

• People ignore getting hit atleast as much as before. I also have the impression it’s even worse now.

• The idle flinch is very short, so it really only benefits you if you utilize it. It’s extremely noticeable with fists.

• Maybe what I think is idle flinch is different than what it actually is. I’m talking about being able to swing immediately after being hit, which you couldn’t do in the beta. It has nothing to do with wind ups or interrupting them: it’s just a matter of taking a hit, then swinging immediately afterwards for a free hit on your opponent which is impossible to parry because they’re still in their swing animation and can’t bring their parry back up. This has been happening since the first hot fix of the official launch of the game. This patch was supposedly going to fix it, but it hasn’t.

It shouldn’t exist at all, it shouldn’t be a feature, and it shouldn’t be something you can “utilize.” It’s a problem that needs to be removed. It brings nothing but frustration.

• I just tested this.
    I was definitely getting flinched in idle when getting hit with a falcion and flanged mace. Don’t know about other weapons - could be weapon specific.

• Either the idle flinch is extremely short as to be insignificant, or it doesn’t exist. A flurry of fast attacks against a slow weapon is as effective (or ineffective) as it was before.

• @FrostFire626:

Either the idle flinch is extremely short as to be insignificant, or it doesn’t exist. A flurry of fast attacks against a slow weapon is as effective (or ineffective) as it was before.

This makes no sense…

Idle flinch is the former effect where you did NOT flinch when hit while in the idle state.
    So you would stand still, wait to be hit, then immediately attack for an unblockable hit.

I tested this with being hit by a Falcion and a Flanged Mace. Both seemed to flinch in idle.

• It still seems strange. I attack someone once and get a hit. I queue up the combo and he enemy is already in windup. Almost immediately the enemy can attack me after I hit him. The worst part is when it happens with a maul vs my sword of war. Free maul left click while I’m doing a combo on him. It seems like there is still no flinch sometimes.

• I can confirm that this does not appear to be perfectly implemented as it still happens to me sometimes.

• This is still a huge problem for me especially when playing as MaA. 1 hit can be devastating. No idle flinch leaves you in a position where you did everything right but you are going to die anyway. I thought it would be fixed in this patch but it is still there. Perhaps it is still just bugged

• I’m not even sure what idle flinch is or what we’re talking about, but it sure is a shame that hitting someone won’t interrupt his attack. It’s a lot of work for nothing.
    I could understand if the opponent had already executed half of the attack, but not when his weapon was still behind him when you hit him.

• @bada:

It still seems strange. I attack someone once and get a hit. I queue up the combo and he enemy is already in windup. Almost immediately the enemy can attack me after I hit him. The worst part is when it happens with a maul vs my sword of war. Free maul left click while I’m doing a combo on him. It seems like there is still no flinch sometimes.

I definitely noticed this. Thank god i wasnt the only one. Whenever i hit someone and start a combo, they are already doing a windup and hit me right after i hit them with the combo.

• Quick thought. I’ve noticed this doesn’t happen on my first hit against someone, but it does happen when I combo someone with a fast weapon. Maybe what’s going on is that you can’t re-flinch someone in a flinch state, so if you combo and hit them right before the first flinch ends, they can immediately get a swing off.

I’d be willing to test this with someone tomorrow, after I get back from my Thanksgiving road trip.

• YES! This kept happening to me over and over, especially when I was dueling.

• @bada:

It still seems strange. I attack someone once and get a hit. I queue up the combo and he enemy is already in windup. Almost immediately the enemy can attack me after I hit him.

This.

Especially as others have mentioned, playing the MAA with this bug still in the game gets REALLY frustrating. One hit and you’re dead or close enough to it that a fart could kill you. Unblockable hits are no fun at all.

It almost seems to me that this bug has increased since the patch, but I could be wrong. Need more playtime before forming a solid opinion.

• So far I’ve had the same things occuring, hit them mid swing, follow through with another swing, they are already into another hit despite me having done my job with a decently speedy weapon.

Its even worse that some weapon types don’t even seem to mind parry in the event you manage to pull it up in time with this.

The hafts on axes and maces are not an area that registers a parry, despite the fact that it should stop the weapon. “block the tip” is not an accurate thing when the strategy becomes hug and shove through the parry and blocking of a shield.

• @SOC:

Maybe what I think is idle flinch is different than what it actually is. I’m talking about being able to swing immediately after being hit, which you couldn’t do in the beta. It has nothing to do with wind ups or interrupting them: it’s just a matter of taking a hit, then swinging immediately afterwards for a free hit on your opponent which is impossible to parry because they’re still in their swing animation and can’t bring their parry back up. This has been happening since the first hot fix of the official launch of the game. This patch was supposedly going to fix it, but it hasn’t.

It shouldn’t exist at all, it shouldn’t be a feature, and it shouldn’t be something you can “utilize.” It’s a problem that needs to be removed. It brings nothing but frustration.

I have fought L30+ players who have utilized this against me. The fact of the matter is if you are using your most powerful attacks, you should be able to get them in 2 hits. If you are a class that doesn’t do enough damager per hit, just lure them into other people. There is never a case where you cant lure them into other people.

Also, don’t play their game. If they want to exploit game mechanics to win, then take the hit, and walk away. Let them make the first move.

• Yep, just got out of a FFA game where people just swung immediately after I hit them thanks to no idle flinching.