Expand to Console

• Pleeeeeaasseeee think about expanding to console gaming like Xbox Live or PS Network. This game’s similarities with Skyrim and the lack of multiplayer in Skyrim will make this game extremely desirable. Even if it would just be an arcade variant like battlefield 1943 for the Xbox arcade downloadable game. I know money is probably the issue but if a rough beta is put together and released for even a short time I promise it would be a big hit. :D :D :D

• @Plzmakexboxversion:

Pleeeeeaasseeee think about expanding to console gaming like Xbox Live or PS Network. This game’s similarities with Skyrim and the lack of multiplayer in Skyrim will make this game extremely desirable. Even if it would just be an arcade variant like battlefield 1943 for the Xbox arcade downloadable game. I know money is probably the issue but if a rough beta is put together and released for even a short time I promise it would be a big hit. :D :D :D

While it would be nice to have Chivalry on more platforms the amount of effort that would require is simply far beyond what we should be expecting from Torn banner, they aren’t a big studio and polishing and adding to the game they already have is still a enormous task.

• Short answer: No.

Majority of console gamers don’t want a game where they have to think and time their attacks.

• I don’t see it happening, and not because I don’t think there’d be an audience - after all, skyrim did plenty well on console. No, I think it won’t happen because of the ridiculous BS that developers have to deal with on console - paying to “certify” patches, giving a large amount of money made to the console manufactorer, etc. It just wouldn’t be worth it unless the game became extremely popular.

Heck, that’s why Ronimo Games (makers of the excellent Awesomenauts) decided to focus on updating the pc version of their game - it just didn’t make financial sense on the console despite selling decently.

• @Elessar2880:

Short answer: No.

Majority of console gamers don’t want a game where they have to think and time their attacks.

Lol what? As a console gamer I would love to play this game. Im fuming at the fact that my laptop sucks too much to be able to play it. Dont try and generalize us. I mean do you not have to think and time your attacks in a fighter such as Guilty Gear? Or Blazblue? Or any game that doesnt have the other player just button mashing. The nerve of some people

• Nope.

• Chivalry is one more reason to get yourself a PC instead of console crap ^^

• One problem with consoles is patches that offer regular content updates are quite hard/expensive especially on xbla, maybe ps3 is a bit milder and as far as I know Wii U is actually the mildest on those terms but the problem is the later two have a smaller audience for downloadable games, the wii u also suffers from a small install base. I think consoles should be something the devs could consider but only after quite a few content upgrades for the pc so the consoles don’t depend to much on new content.

• @Plzmakexboxversion:

Even if it would just be an arcade variant like battlefield 1943 for the Xbox arcade downloadable game.

We didn’t get BF1943, you won’t get Chivalry.
    Sweet revenge.

• I would support this all the way. Additional funding for TB would be great and this would be a supreme addition to consoles if they could allow multiple players….

Then again I don’t play consoles :P

• @Elessar2880:

lol, that is a really just not true… I have an xbox, ps3 and a comp. I enjoy all games. Everyone of my friends want a game were they have to think before they attack… and simply this not even that much of a thinker game. I would love to see this game on a console but I also enjoy it on my comp…

• @Gurbo:

@Elessar2880:

lol, that is a really just not true… I have an xbox, ps3 and a comp. I enjoy all games. Everyone of my friends want a game were they have to think before they attack… and simply this not even that much of a thinker game. I would love to see this game on a console but I also enjoy it on my comp…

You’d be surprised to see how many terrible players think they got a solid grasp of this game but really don’t.

• Would be nice to have this on console, but Torn Banner probably can’t pull it off because of limited resources. I have a high end PC and Xbox 360, mostly play PC because of better graphics, but it’s nonsense that console players wouldn’t like this game. They would.

• Why would it be difficult to port this to console?

Unreal engine 3 is available for license on consoles, and considering the amount of money they have made from the PC version, they have plenty of money to put towards a console version. It would be a very unique game on console and they would fill a missing niche. There are also many more people with consoles capable of running this game than there are PCs. (140 million XBOX 360s + PS3s and several million Wii-Us by next April)

Now, to take advantage of that opportunity, they are going to have to fix the bugs and make the game perfect, and I don’t think downloadable releases fair that well at the $25 price point because there is too much competition on consoles and worse game communities, so capitalizing on that opportunity may be difficult.

There is no reason for PC players to be upset over console - it could lead to more Chivalry (or similar) games getting produced, make the developers wealthier, and give them more resources to make more and better games, as well as giving more people the opportunity to play awesome games.

I would welcome an eventual console version and so should you.

• No.

• I won’t accept a console version. Want to know why? The quality would suffer.

• Hi there, I’m fairly new to the site and only found the game by googling for a first person slasher (I’ve wanted this type of game for too long). Problem is, I don’t have a pc that meets the spec of the game and it would be fairly costly to improve my pc just for one game.

Is there no way to start a kick starter for a console version? I don’t know much about Kick starter or game development really but if we can’t get enough support from a kick starter programme then fair enough (Does kick starter cost to start a campaign?) . I’m not too fussed if the graphics were to suffer a little, I’m pretty sure there would be a huge appeal for this game on a console, people are sick of the same shooting games ruining the FPS market.

Look forward to your thoughts,
    Cheers.

• @Whitehaven52:

Hi there, I’m fairly new to the site and only found the game by googling for a first person slasher (I’ve wanted this type of game for too long). Problem is, I don’t have a pc that meets the spec of the game and it would be fairly costly to improve my pc just for one game.

You wouldn’t improve it for just one game… Game development is going to continue so one day or the other you will need a better pc anyway.

• @Siegbert:

You wouldn’t improve it for just one game… Game development is going to continue so one day or the other you will need a better pc anyway.

While this is true, I’d prefer to play on a xbox for easiness. I prefer to use the computer for television or browsing rather than gaming.

• Valve Big Picture + controller. Problem solved.