More Animation Improvements Needed

• Currently I have two problems when defending against Stab animations right now.

1. The damage of the stab coming before the actual thrust. (I’ve seen it with overhead and horizontal, but it’s the worst with stabbing)

2. This is more of a issue with 2handers, but perceiving the stab being way off target, (trying to sidestep it) but you still get hit by it.

I have noticed these issues from time to time since release, this is not knew to this patch. I don’t want to see the timings changed or anything, but I really want what I see on my screen to match what is actually happening to me. This isn’t always just an issue of lag either. These things happen to me all the time against people with a similar low ping as myself.

• Agreed, particularly the 2h Swords stab needs work. What causes it is mostly due to the way the combat system fails to take momentum into account. Since the swords are so long, if someone is up close to you and starts a stab, the sword is already inside your chest or very close to being so; and since momentum isn’t a factor, there’s practically no time to block since the window between being hit and the stab being initiated is minuscule. If we had a momentum based dmg system then hits like these would do very little damage (see M&B system), and this is just a consequence of that.

With that said I’m not sure how they can solve it. One thing I would love to see is the inability to feint when thrusting, at least with 2 hand weapons.

• Maybe if there was a way to delay the activation of the…damage hit box?.. on the weapon during a thrust like that. I think that’s what makes feinting with stab animations so potent, which is why they kept the .4 cooldown on stabs. This also makes it extremely hard to parry.

In general this game needs some work on it’s point blank combat.

• @Jadarok:

1. The damage of the stab coming before the actual thrust. (I’ve seen it with overhead and horizontal, but it’s the worst with stabbing)

That explains a lot of things that happened to me ingame.