[SOLVED] UDK.exe crash + other Problems

• Hi,

I am having problems with this game and it is getting quite frustrating

1. i load the game up it shows the initializing banner when you first load, i get past that and the game window opens then i get the error message saying that it has crashed with no error message displayed.

2. Most likely the cause of number 1. when i go into the chivalry game folder to manually install the UE3Redist stuff i am greeted by the message “you must have at least windows XP service pack three installed. installer will exit now” (i’m running windows 7 64 bit).

i have tried manually downloading all the files that come with the UE3Redist package and installing them, still with no joy. i have uninstalled the game and reinstalled many times, fully deleted and downloaded again, countless restarts and file integrity checks and still nothing.

if someone would be able to help me with this issue i would be most grateful and will be sure to do a good deed for you if i can.
    thanks in advance to anyone who reads and attempts to help me .

PC Specs

16GB of Dual Channel DDR3 Memory
    AMD FX 8350 Black Edition 4 GHz 8 Cores
    AMD Radeon HD 7970
    Asus Crosshair V formula AMD 990FX
    Windows 7 64Bit

• Do you have a Launch.bat in your steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare folder? If so, run it (it will convert UE3Redist.exe into smaller separate redist files). If not, you don’t have the latest patch.

• Thanks for trying but nope that didn’t work :(. Eventsviewer refers to kernalbase.dll how do i fix that?

• Delete C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\UDKGame\Config

Then verify the files by steam and see if it works (and tell me how to use event viewer because I have a similar problem)

• to use event viewer (im going off your using windows 7)
    go control panel > administrative tools (use the setup where all the items are individual and not in groups) > then about 1/2 way down should be events viewer > in the tabs on the left click windows logs to open the menu then click applications.
    to show what happens with your game just run it quick and let it crash, then click sort by date twice to refresh the list. there will be two things there, an error and information just click any of the two and look for a *****.dll file and that will be the initial source of the problem.

if you need any more help feel free to ask for my skype and ill guide you through.
    Ps. ill try that now and tell you how the fix works, thanks so much for your help

• thankyou so much :D its finally working :D

• Yay, now if you can help me please ;_;

• @raznut303:

thankyou so much :D its finally working :D

YAY! I’m glad that it works for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1: