"Real" Team Deathmatch

• This might sound odd, and it’s just a small thing, but I am still missing “real” Team Deathmatch.
    Here is why:

There is a misunderstanding within the settings of Team Deathmatch.
    Maybe I’m the only one, but it was very confusing playing TDM the first time, because I was expecting an actual Deathmatch, but instead it was just another Last Team Standing.

Team Deathmatch, or rather the basic Deathmatch includes definition of “infinitive life; played till time is over or a certain score is reached”.

In Chivalry it’s not an actual Team Deathmatch, but a second “Last Team Standing” version with X amounts of lifes (resources) per team, instead of 1 life per player.

What I am looking for is an TDM, just like FFA only in teams.

• @Recom:

This might sound odd, and it’s just a small thing, but I am still missing “real” Team Deathmatch.
    Here is why:

Maybe I’m the only one, but it was very confusing playing TDM the first time, because I was expecting an actual Deathmatch, but instead it was just another Last Team Standing.

Team Deathmatch, or rather the basic Deathmatch includes definition of “infinitive life; played till time is over or a certain score is reached”.

In Chivalry it’s not an actual Team Deathmatch, but a second “Last Team Standing” version with X amounts of lifes (resources) per team, instead of 1 life per player.

Hmm no I think you got it confused… There’s FFA, Last Team Standing, Team Deathmatch and Team Objective.

Team Deathmatch was just added from the new patch and is like how you said where you keep playing til’ time runs out or the number of lives are killed. And then Last Team Standing is the one like battle mode where the round ends when one full team is dead and starts up again.

Hope that helps.

• I thought this was changed with yesterdays patch?

• I would prefer TDM to be strictly time based like FFA. Team with most kills after 10 minutes wins. It keeps the time consistent as opposed to right now where in a low pop server the game lasts a long time and in a high pop server everyone dies 3-4 times and it’s over.

• Actually, “REAL” team deathmatch would be, if you die in the game you die in real life. Maybe Torn Banner can supply cyanide tablets to everyone when they buy the game?

Thank you for considering my input.

• I agree with this because the current mode has all the annoyances of LTS hunting for the last 2 hiding people on the map. This is worst on ruins with all it intricacies.

• Well, the way i see it its like this:

As you say, TDM can be over either by time or reaching a score, right?

Then, suppose that the resources are that score, which is actually team kills.

That means, that when you win in there, it’s because you got to that score faster than the other team, so, this is just a team deathmatch like any other, am i wrong?

• @ransack:

Actually, “REAL” team deathmatch would be, if you die in the game you die in real life. Maybe Torn Banner can supply cyanide tablets to everyone when they buy the game?

Thank you for considering my input.

What a pleasant idea!

• @Kimiko:

@Recom:

This might sound odd, and it’s just a small thing, but I am still missing “real” Team Deathmatch.
    Here is why:

Hmm no I think you got it confused… There’s FFA, Last Team Standing, Team Deathmatch and Team Objective.

Team Deathmatch was just added from the new patch and is like how you said where you keep playing til’ time runs out or the number of lives are killed. And then Last Team Standing is the one like battle mode where the round ends when one full team is dead and starts up again.

Hope that helps.

That’s not what he wants. He wants Team Deathmatch with NO reinforcement counter, just a timer.

• @grappo:

That’s not what he wants. He wants Team Deathmatch with NO reinforcement counter, just a timer.

Yes, I see that now. I would prefer the timer as well and not the count.

• Dunno, but in most games with TDM there is a clock AND tickets that bleed of, so not sure whats so confusing :?

• Yeah it would be better if it was like FFA with a time set instead of resources! 8-)

• Well, i think its better the way it is.

Why?

If you go to FFA which has this timer system, all you see is people going kamikaze spaming slash (im one of those, as this gives you more kills and is better against multiple enemies) and people who complain about those last guys who spam, so its not something wonderful to see.

If TDM was that way, people would go all berserker to try and get most kills posible before dying, and wouldnt care at all about teamwork, something that i guess the devs want to encourage a lot.

So, while they have limited respawns, they wont go kamikaze and will improve teamwork to win.

Guess thats why its team deathmatch, otherwise it would be like “the team with the players who kill most going kamikaze wins”

But hey, I’m not sure if thats the dev thoughs, i may be wrong, just my guess.

Hope i helped

• My points, why to remove the resources, are:

#1 unfitting name (minor reason)
    The game mode is “called” Team Deathmatch (what may fit, because 2 teams fight each other), but it is a Last Team Standing. It is based on Deathmatch, but with altered rules, ending up in a LTS: 2 Teams fight till one team is left. This is a not a TDM.
    It’s like calling a station wagon a hatchback.

#2 annoying “tag game” (major reason)
    As others said before: it is just annoying to run after the last player. Also, it is even more annoying to wait, and watch them play tag.

#3 getting tk’d
    The worst thing is, getting hit or killed by teammates. I usually don’t mind, being tk’d, sometimes it happens, and when I see a LMB-spammer, I just get away from him. But being tk’d and I can’t respawn, because there are no resources left? Thanks, no.

@Kyle:

Well, i think its better the way it is.

Why?

If you go to FFA which has this timer system, all you see is people going kamikaze spaming slash (im one of those, as this gives you more kills and is better against multiple enemies) and people who complain about those last guys who spam, so its not something wonderful to see.

If TDM was that way, people would go all berserker to try and get most kills posible before dying, and wouldnt care at all about teamwork, something that i guess the devs want to encourage a lot.

So, while they have limited respawns, they wont go kamikaze and will improve teamwork to win.

Guess thats why its team deathmatch, otherwise it would be like “the team with the players who kill most going kamikaze wins”

But hey, I’m not sure if thats the dev thoughs, i may be wrong, just my guess.

Hope i helped

You really think it would make a difference to the way people play, if there is a timer or not?
    I see a lot of TKs in TDM already. I’m getting hit at last 1 out of 4 times by my mates, LMB swinning or arrow in the back, doesn’t matter. So it’s extremly frustrating to die several times without having a real brawl and boom: the game is over. No respawn. That’s not fun at all.
    People are already going kamikaze. It’s called Team Deathmatch. People go berserk all the time. They might have a wrong perception about this game mode, thus altering their play style into kamikaze.

• the only real difference between this gamemode and what you call a real TDM is the fact that once a certain ammount of score is reached, you are no longer able to spawn, and there is a timer.

I’m with you that is annoying when you have to wait at the end because there is one player left, but that is part of the game, all i can say is what i tell to myself, if you dont want to wait, then you dont want to die.

About the TK thing, even though it has not much to do with the gamemode, if you fear to get killed by mates when there are no resources left, then think before going all berserk, use your last live carefully, sneak your enemies and if you really think is necesary, avoid even your teammates to avoid teamkills.

Not telling you to run to a corner and hide, just saying that its a bad idea to go 3 vs 1 because you will mostly find yourself either dead or killing a mate. if you see a 2vs1 just go away and find someone else, or just wait for your mates to go first and follow them, what else can i say.

The only thing i see viable in this would be adding a timer but letting the resource system as it is, but still i dont think its that necesary at all.

And yes, it would change the way people play, atleast i would change the way i play.
    If you fear tk that much avoid your teammates and go alone to the fight, sneak the enemy or something like that, i do this a lot.

About that they go kamikaze, well, yes and no, they go kamikaze at the beginning, how is supposed to be, but then as the game progresses, you will find a different sittuation. the team with less resources does NOT want to die, and plays carefully, while the team with more resources is encouraged as they are winning and close to the victory and keep going kamikaze.

Plus, if there are no resources left, is what you said, you DO NOT WANT to die, so what do you do if you do not want to die?

you use your head and dont go against 3 knights to see what happens, you try to kill your enemies 1 by 1, or if you see it very difficult, you just go and try to kill as many of them as you can before dying, but thats all.

The point of that gamemode, in my opinion, is to avoid teams with 1 or 2 skilled players to win, why?

I am a medium skilled player, having in difference with the second player like 20 kills, that means that if TDM worked the way you say, my team would practically win with no efforts.

BUT, if there are limited respawns for the whole team, even if there is a skilled player who kills a lot, if its teammates die, he will get to a point where he will no longer be able to spawn, therefore it does not all depend on him, he has to make sure his team does not die stupidly, or he will lose anyways.

In other words, it makes the players more dependent on their team, what you say would be like a free for all but with some mates, which would be ok, but i think this is just better than that.

Atleast, for this game, I get your point that this may not be the usual TDM mode, but i think it just fits better the game.

(holy shit that is a long writting)

• Agreed. TDM should be “FFA with teams” and not “Buffered Last Team Standin”

• @Kyle:

the only real difference between this gamemode and what you call a real TDM is the fact that once a certain ammount of score is reached, you are no longer able to spawn, and there is a timer.

I’m with you that is annoying when you have to wait at the end because there is one player left, but that is part of the game, all i can say is what i tell to myself, if you dont want to wait, then you dont want to die.

About the TK thing, even though it has not much to do with the gamemode, if you fear to get killed by mates when there are no resources left, then think before going all berserk, use your last live carefully, sneak your enemies and if you really think is necesary, avoid even your teammates to avoid teamkills.

Not telling you to run to a corner and hide, just saying that its a bad idea to go 3 vs 1 because you will mostly find yourself either dead or killing a mate. if you see a 2vs1 just go away and find someone else, or just wait for your mates to go first and follow them, what else can i say.

The only thing i see viable in this would be adding a timer but letting the resource system as it is, but still i dont think its that necesary at all.

And yes, it would change the way people play, atleast i would change the way i play.
    If you fear tk that much avoid your teammates and go alone to the fight, sneak the enemy or something like that, i do this a lot.

About that they go kamikaze, well, yes and no, they go kamikaze at the beginning, how is supposed to be, but then as the game progresses, you will find a different sittuation. the team with less resources does NOT want to die, and plays carefully, while the team with more resources is encouraged as they are winning and close to the victory and keep going kamikaze.

Plus, if there are no resources left, is what you said, you DO NOT WANT to die, so what do you do if you do not want to die?

you use your head and dont go against 3 knights to see what happens, you try to kill your enemies 1 by 1, or if you see it very difficult, you just go and try to kill as many of them as you can before dying, but thats all.

The point of that gamemode, in my opinion, is to avoid teams with 1 or 2 skilled players to win, why?

I am a medium skilled player, having in difference with the second player like 20 kills, that means that if TDM worked the way you say, my team would practically win with no efforts.

BUT, if there are limited respawns for the whole team, even if there is a skilled player who kills a lot, if its teammates die, he will get to a point where he will no longer be able to spawn, therefore it does not all depend on him, he has to make sure his team does not die stupidly, or he will lose anyways.

In other words, it makes the players more dependent on their team, what you say would be like a free for all but with some mates, which would be ok, but i think this is just better than that.

Atleast, for this game, I get your point that this may not be the usual TDM mode, but i think it just fits better the game.

(holy shit that is a long writting)

so what’s the point in having 2 types of LTS?

• Im not going to answer that, i already explained it :P

• Team Last Man Standing, is what I think he means.

• @Kyle:

Im not going to answer that, i already explained it :P

all you say is, you like Last Team Standing more and you think LTS suits the game better than TDM.

but this nothing to do with the fact that there are 2 different version of LTS, while there is no actual TDM-game-mode, for people you enjoy this (common) game-mode.