Udk isn't working for me

• i keep looking for a fix but can’t find it. I just downloaded the game and i’ve tried every fix i could find. but every time udk doesn’t work, so when i try to run udk i get an error message that says this

extracting files failed with the exception
    Ionic.Zlib.InflateManager.Inflate(Flush Type flush)
    at Ionic.ZlibBaseStream.Read{bte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at Ionic.Zlib.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] buffer,Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(string baseDir, Stream outstream, String password)
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile._InternalExtractAll(String path, Boolean overrideExtractExistingProperty)
    at UnSetup.Utils.UnzipAllFiles(ZipFile Zip, String Destination)
    Please visith http://udk.com/troubleshooting for assistance

I literally just bought the game, and would appreciate figuring out how to play it

• @2010hurricane:

i keep looking for a fix but can’t find it. I just downloaded the game and i’ve tried every fix i could find. but every time udk doesn’t work, so when i try to run udk i get an error message that says this

extracting files failed with the exception
    Ionic.Zlib.InflateManager.Inflate(Flush Type flush)
    at Ionic.ZlibBaseStream.Read{bte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at Ionic.Zlib.DeflateStream.Read(Byte[] buffer,Int32 offset, Int32 count)
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipEntry.InternalExtract(string baseDir, Stream outstream, String password)
    at Ionic.Zip.ZipFile._InternalExtractAll(String path, Boolean overrideExtractExistingProperty)
    at UnSetup.Utils.UnzipAllFiles(ZipFile Zip, String Destination)
    Please visith http://udk.com/troubleshooting for assistance

I literally just bought the game, and would appreciate figuring out how to play it

Try going into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and run the 2 vcredist executable files and then go into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe.

• I did this and now the compatibility assistant says it wasn’t installed properly
    Program Microsoft visual c++ 2010x86 redistributal setup
    Publisher: Microsoft corporation
    Program Files (x86)…\vcredist_x86_vs2010sp1.exe

• @2010hurricane:

I did this and now the compatibility assistant says it wasn’t installed properly
    Program Microsoft visual c++ 2010x86 redistributal setup
    Publisher: Microsoft corporation
    Program Files (x86)…\vcredist_x86_vs2010sp1.exe

Hmmm can you go into your uninstall programs and features and remove everything related to visual c++ redistributable 2010 and then try running those executables again?

• Now it just says udk.exe had stopped working

• Please go to Windows Event Viewer (search for event viewer in the start menu search), click on Windows Logs and Application sub category. Find the most recent event related to UDK and post the details here. My fingers are crossed that it is not kernelbase.dll.