Cant start Chivalry on Steam

• Just bought the game and was really excited, but the game wont start. I click play, some pop up called
    " Steam Client Service "
    (buildbot_winslave04_steam_rel_cli…
    i click continue or run or whatever it is, and nothing happens. I’ve looked through these forums and done a bunch of different things, reinstalled my directx and my C++, and tried the thing in Bug Boy’s video and none of that worked. I really want to play this game someone help me. I am terrible with computers so if your gona ask me for a log thing or something your gona have to tell me how to get there.

• I have the same but at least I can see the pre-load screen and then the “game” starts with no sound and a black screen. P.S I recommend to attach the “DxDiag” text and “Launch Log” (For DxDiag, Go to Run and type DxDiag, Save information, Copy & Paste to a text document and put it here! For Launch log go to YourName/My Documents/My Games/Chivalry/UDKGame/Logs)

• @Generalpihota:

Just bought the game and was really excited, but the game wont start. I click play, some pop up called
    " Steam Client Service "
    (buildbot_winslave04_steam_rel_cli…
    i click continue or run or whatever it is, and nothing happens. I’ve looked through these forums and done a bunch of different things, reinstalled my directx and my C++, and tried the thing in Bug Boy’s video and none of that worked. I really want to play this game someone help me. I am terrible with computers so if your gona ask me for a log thing or something your gona have to tell me how to get there.

So you tried running the two vcredist executables in the chivredist folder and the DXSETUP.exe in the dxcutdownredist folder?

• Yes I did ReMixx

• Here is the DxDiag in a txt doc

• I went through all my files, chivalry isnt in “My Documents” or anywhere else on the computer o_O Im using a bootcamped mac book pro with windows 7 so that might have done something with the destination because i did install it i thought

• Im assuming im gona have to reinstall but i dont know how to do that on steam -_-

• I tried runnnig the UDK file remember seeing in a different post about not being able to run on steam and it gave me the message
    "This program can’t start because MSVCR100.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix the problem. "

• I have verified the game from properties on steam though, went through fine. -_-

• Okay, can you try uninstalling all versions of Visual C++ redistributable from Windows and then running the vcredist executables from that folder again?

• where would i find it? im searching the entire comp for “Visual” and “C++” and it came up with nothing. Sorry im bad with finding things.

• Go to Control Panel, click Uninstall a program.

It should show up as:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 x64 Redstributable version#. Uninstall anything that says Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 [stuff].

• Where do i find it to uninstall? im sorry im bad i searched visual and C++ and nothing came up in the C drive.

• @Generalpihota:

Where do i find it to uninstall? im sorry im bad i searched visual and C++ and nothing came up in the C drive.

No worries! Click the start button in the lower left corner of your screen. Then click on Control Panel. Then when the Control Panel pops up, there will be like an app for Programs with a link to Uninstall a program under it. This should bring up a list of every program installed on your computer.

• I tried finding my Visual C++ redistributable files but idk where theyd be at i am having trouble finding them

• @Generalpihota:

I tried finding my Visual C++ redistributable files but idk where theyd be at i am having trouble finding them

Were you able to uninstall them successfully or are you having trouble locating the way to uninstall them?

• I dont know why it wouldnt show before, my chrome was freaking out, so i kept reposting lol. Sorry about that.

• i havent tried anything cause i couldnt see the posts

• I uninstalled it, now what?

• i found the installers for C++ in the binarie files and downloaded them and direct X and it works thank you so much!! I dont know what i can do to thank you so let me know.