Regen Health nerfed?

• Great patch, Helmets and Tabards enough is said!

However, One thing I noticed instantly, and i hope that I’m wrong, but Health REGEN out of combat seems extremely slower than usual? I read the patch-notes, and read nothing regarding that, but only these changes.

Gamebalance Tweaks
    - Burning turns off HP regeneration. (Not a problem at all, seems fair)

- Fixed issue where you would regen health when sprinting (Potentially annoying, for us flankers who enjoy entering a fight with more health! I’m pretty sure this was a glitch to start with though)

Can a mod or DEV, please shed some light on this matter? I find my self, far from the frontlines now, often cowering behind rocks/buildings to regen my health, when i could rather now die and re spawn, as it now seems faster, to re-enter a battle with more hp.

Cheers - Yarnu the Dog

• It also seems to regenerate only after a considerable pause from combat (no attack, no swinging)

• @Yarnu:

- Fixed issue where you would regen health when sprinting (Potentially annoying, for us flankers who enjoy entering a fight with more health! I’m pretty sure this was a glitch to start with though)

You’re not supposed to be invincible you know.
    In fact I’m under the impression many people here open threads to complain that their class/playstyle have downsides.
    I attack/flank a lot myself, and quite frankly I’m pretty fine with the no regen while sprinting. I want to rush, I have to accept the risks.

• The regen while sprinting was a bug that people were exploiting. What they fixed was that you could no longer be able to do that. Also, whenever you tap that sprint button, it resets the timer on regeneration. So yeah, if you were used to exploiting the bug then it will take a while to get used to regening as intended.

• @The:

You’re not supposed to be invincible you know.
    In fact I’m under the impression many people here open threads to complain that their class/playstyle have downsides.

NO that is not what this thread is about at all, I am simply wondering if regenerating has been slowed.

@Suncross:

The regen while sprinting was a bug that people were exploiting. So yeah, if you were used to exploiting the bug then it will take a while to get used to regening as intended.

How could you exploit that glitch intentionally? For me it would just randomly decide to heal you as you sprinted under random conditions? Taking the advantage of the situation, you let it heal you until you got into position to strike your foe?

Getting use to it is no problem, what I am more concerned about is I feel regenerating, just feels slower meaning I’m out of the combat for longer. Meaning it’s fruitless to even bother retreating to heal but rather I should accept a death in order to re-enter the battle faster.

• I think it’s just your impression after the patch. Everything is fine by me, at least when I was playing - there is no record about slowing down regeneration itself. You simply don’t regenerate while on fire and when sprinting. Keep in mind you also don’t regenerate while blocking, attacking or taking damage (I am only not sure about kicking, but that’s probably included as well).

• @Holy.Death:

I think it’s just your impression after the patch. Everything is fine by me, at least when I was playing - there is no record about slowing down regeneration itself.

Thanks for clarifying, i had a feeling it may of been a placebo. Maybe I’m just taking more damage, from archers and ranged weapons given the buff, so I find the need to retreat and heal more often.

Good to see that healing over time, has not been reduced. Given you are out of combat, and not using stamina etc.

• @Yarnu:

Getting use to it is no problem, what I am more concerned about is I feel regenerating, just feels slower meaning I’m out of the combat for longer. Meaning it’s fruitless to even bother retreating to heal but rather I should accept a death in order to re-enter the battle faster.

This is how the game is intended. In my opinion, the only reason they put regeneration in the game is to balance out archery. All in all the most important stat in the game is stamina.

@Yarnu:

How could you exploit that glitch intentionally? For me it would just randomly decide to heal you as you sprinted under random conditions? Taking the advantage of the situation, you let it heal you until you got into position to strike your foe?

I made no assertion that there was a method of intentionally exploiting. It did just randomly bug out, and that is still exploiting. Because it was a dice roll, it was really unfair that most people would just sprint around out of reach and then double back when their health was full.

• @Suncross:

@Yarnu:

I made no assertion that there was a method of intentionally exploiting. It did just randomly bug out, and that is still exploiting. Because it was a dice roll, it was really unfair that most people would just sprint around out of reach and then double back when their health was full.

Well said indeed. I think we agree on this.

Question is, do you wish to see every archer put to the blade? Or, kicked off Hillside’s walls?

• Health regenrates over time? Hmmm… I never noticed because I berzerker rush so often even with no health! :P MAULMAULMAULMAULMAUL

• @Slaughtervomit:

Health regenrates over time? Hmmm… I never noticed because I berzerker rush so often even with no health! :P MAULMAULMAULMAULMAUL

hahaha, you poor nutter. As scary as that overhead MAUL is. I do, often single out the red-blooded enemies first =D More of a psychological effect on the rest of the buggers still alive, seeing their comrade cut in two with a single roll up of a mouse wheel! :D