Idea: Team Objective - End Round LTS

• So here’s my idea. Once a game of Team Objective is finished transition into a 3-4 minute last team standing session. Where the losing team can not respawn, but the victorious team can and both teams retain their ability to retaliate.

Also as a work around for a potential stall in gameplay. Players on the losing team (who can’t respawn) located in their protected spawns should either be teleported into the battlefield, or the barriers to their spawns removed.

I believe this could up the immersion and ante.
    People may even feel more compelled to try and win just for the end game slaughter.

If you like this idea, please leave a comment.

• Sounds epic. Something like team-fortress 2’s idea of Sudden-Death, where only one life is allowed. Would be sweet, and would encourage a heap of teamwork, as death is final so staying as a group, around the objective will only promote longevity of one’s head.

• I kinda like the idea, even though i dont think they would last so long, i fear that there will be runners who will only run the hell away from enemies to avoid dying, but then again, you can find that everywhere, so yeah, thats allright i guess.

Still, i think it will be better as a parameter more than changin the whole mode, like server admins can set it on or not, as they prefer.

• I join TO only servers because I want to play TO only. When a TO round ends, I find I have the most fun when another TO round starts immediately.

Please don’t ruin TO by forcing me to do this silly loser-slaughter for no reason.

Still, i think it will be better as a parameter more than changin the whole mode, like server admins can set it on or not, as they prefer.

Even this is not acceptable. It would suck to have to find out on each server if this stupid thing would happen or not, and have to leave and join a different one if I found out this is active.

MAYBE make it a new mode entirely… though that would be kinda awkward for two different modes to be so similar.

• Meh… guess you’re right, it would be cool for some “for the lulz” gameplay but i guess it would get annoying overtime, maybe if it was just half min would be ok, but nothing else.

Still, thanks for sharing your idea.

• @RushSecond:

I join TO only servers because I want to play TO only. When a TO round ends, I find I have the most fun when another TO round starts immediately.

Please don’t ruin TO by forcing me to do this silly loser-slaughter for no reason.

To each their own, I however find standing still watching the scoreboard with enemies in front of me doing nothing pretty silly though. I join Team-Objective for just that the Objective as well. This would simply add some endgame combat in the form of Last-Team-Standing.

The 3-4 minute timer was just a suggestion. Thirty seconds to a minute would work well too, I’m sure.

• I have mixed feelings about this, but I do believe it has potential. The way I’d like to see this be implented is that once the timer hits 0:00, the attacking party(AKA the losing party) all respawn at the spawn, and are forced out, perhaps a commander voice can shout “YOU ARE THE LAST WAVE, MAKE IT COUNT, FOR <team>!” and the team can try for a final push to either extend the objective(if it isn’t the last objective) or try to win(in case of last objective).

Example 1: Middle Objective - Open The Floodgate(Dark Forest);
    -Timer hits 0:00
    -Mason respawns with entire team in the cistern(in the water)
    -Agatha respawns as normal
    -Mason will have 3/4 minutes to make it to the objective, during that time they will not respawn
    -Agatha is victorious if all Mason are dead or the time runs out
    -Mason extends the map if they manage to open the sluice gates, succesfully completing the objective adds the same ammount of time as it would normally do, and will resume Mason respawning.

Example 2: Final Objective - Kill The King(Stoneshill);
    -Timer hits 0:00
    -Mason respawns with entire team at the castle gates
    -Agatha respawns as normal
    -Mason will have 3/4 minutes to make their final objective, during that time they will not respawn.
    -Agatha is victorious once all Masons are dead, or the time runs out.
    -Mason wins once the King has been killed</team>

• Sharp, that would be kinda a cool feature, but im not sure if everyone would like it.

And as i said before, being unable to respawn wuld encourage players to run and hide until the game ends or they get a slightly chance of doing the objective.

That or they die with honor as a team, but there will be always some archer or maa runner who just doesnt like being dead, lol.

I think its better the way it is, or just a 30 sec slaughter, in my opinion.

• @Kyle:

That or they die with honor as a team, but there will be always some archer or maa runner who just doesnt like being dead, lol.

True but there always will be those kinds of players,
    they already exist in Team Objective as it is.

Now to further my point, take that regicide mission (not sure what the map name is.) After the mission is over, if the king died wouldn’t it make sense to hunt down those knights still loyal to him? Or in reverse if the king survived, wouldn’t it make sense to retaliate and push the enemy out and attack their camp?

• The point here is, that when you go play a Team objective, thats just what you’re looking for, completing the objective and winning.

That slaughter you say, would be cool, and yes it would make sense im not telling you that, it just would be annoying to have to wait for players to die for lets say, 4 mins

It would be ok for 30 secs, a fast and clean hunt, where the losing team would have to escape and avoid dying, or fight to take as many enemies with him as he can before dying.

i repeat, this would be a cool feature but no longer than 30 secs, or it would get annoying overtime.