HUD removal and Demo/Replay System

• Hi!

I’m kinda new here, but here are some sugestions that i think that would be great for people like me who like to make videos.

First of all, i dont know if it has been asked before, but i couldnt find anything about it, so here it is.

1.Can you remove the HUD completely? via console or somthing like that? or will it be a way to make that possible in the future?

Because i like to make realistic videos, and having teh chat box poping up every second and my screen full of deaths makes it hard for me, as i have to zoom in later and lose quality, plus more difficulties editing.

2.Can you or will we able to save demos of games that we play so we can later load them? Something like the Modern Warfae 3 replay or the Team Fortress 2 replay system, which allows you to go spec and watch everything in detail.

That would be some cool features that would help me and a lot of video makers a lot, but i dont know if its even possible, so i hope that i get an answer anytime soon, thanks beforehand.

• Hey man, i currently use DX-Tory to record, but nothing that i know of to remove the HUD. IDK if it’s just the game or my machine, but Chivalry being recorded can really lag hard ;( All except, Dark Forest. That map is a beauty, and never lags…. once recording.

• Most games lag hard when recording if you have a slow computer, or if the game has high graphics.

I personally use Fraps and if you lag when recording Chivalry, try to use a smaller resolution, if that doesnt work, try that and lowering your video settings when you record.

Also, Chivalry only has the option to remove the reticle and hudmarkers, which is great, but if i want to make a video without text at all on my screen, even without health or stamina, i cant.

There is probably a command to remove all that, but since im not familiariced with the unreal engine i cant really tell, so if anybody here knows about that, all help is apreciated.

I hope that there is some command for that, or that it will be sometime.

Thanks

• @Kyle:

Most games lag hard when recording if you have a slow computer, or if the game has high graphics.

I personally use Fraps and if you lag when recording Chivalry, try to use a smaller resolution, if that doesnt work, try that and lowering your video settings when you record.

Also, Chivalry only has the option to remove the reticle and hudmarkers, which is great, but if i want to make a video without text at all on my screen, even without health or stamina, i cant.

There is probably a command to remove all that, but since im not familiariced with the unreal engine i cant really tell, so if anybody here knows about that, all help is apreciated.

I hope that there is some command for that, or that it will be sometime.

Thanks

I believe there is an option to turn off chat d=isplays hidden away in the option menu
    that combined with the lack of cross hairs =should be a clean enough hud
    the stamina and health bars I think would actually be pretty valuable feedback to anyone watching and they don’t get in the way unless you have a habit of watching the bottom line of a screen continuously

• Press the Tilde (~) key and in the console enter:

ToggleHUD 0

This should turn everything off. But I tested this in Single player so I don’t know if it turns off chat.

• Thank you very much dude

I’ll try it as soon as i can to see if it works in multiplayer or if it removes chatbox, but every help is apreciated.

And Azerai, when i say i want to make videos, Its not the sort of video that needs the hud, like its not a gameplay.

I make mostly music videos, in which having the hud kills the experience, thats why i want it removed.

By the way, now that the hud thing is almost done (i have to try it) does anyone know if its possible some kind of replay system in the unreal engine?

That would be very helpful to make videos in spec mode or in third person as it would allow me to record the exact same gameplay from various angles.

Thanks beforehand, and thanks to all who have answered so far, your help is apreciated.

• You already can record demos with /demorec [demoname] but it’s broken and doesn’t work at all.

• I’ve tried the hud thing and it works just fine, so thanks a lot! now i can record videos just fine in chivalry.

About the demo, ill try it later and see how it works and if it doesnt work, ill look for a way to get it working or something.

Thanks a lot for your answers, really helping me a lot.

• I have found a way to get into third person cam, although I hope this will get patched since it will offer an advantage because you can sort of look behind you.

Use tilde (~) to go into console again and type:

BehindView 1

Should bring you into third person. Warning though: your aim will go off, especially as an archer.

Good luck recording mate.

• Im not sure if you refer to the default third person, but if you are, this is actually implemented in the game by pressing l, even though its not activatd in all servers.

If you dont mean that, i dont know what it may be, but still what i want is a spectator mode in a pre-recorded game which allows me to replay it as many times as i want, from different angles.

the demo command doesnt work, its not even recognized as a command in the console.

thanks everybody

• Ah, didn’t know there was a implemented 3d person, I think the console command is the same as that, sorry about that.

I have seen another thread about beiing able to follow someone in spectator mode so maybe that’s an upcoming feature.

• anyone know of console commands that slow down spectator movement speed or anything?

no hud is great, but I like spec mode…but the movement is a little too fast for a good ‘camera’ pan

• @crimson66:

anyone know of console commands that slow down spectator movement speed or anything?

no hud is great, but I like spec mode…but the movement is a little too fast for a good ‘camera’ pan

I know how to slow it down but it slows everyone else down and it only works if your admin or in singleplayer.

Aoc_slomo X

X is between 0 (0% speed) and 2 (200% speed)