[SOLVED] Attempting to laucnh via steam

• Attempting to launch the game for the first time (via steam). When launched an access window pops up saying “do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer?” program is ‘Steam Client Service (buildbot_winslave04_steam_steam_rel_cli…)’. I say allow and a steam window pops up saying “Performing first time setup (step 1 of 3)”. Then it disappears and the game is never launched. I suppose this may belong on steam support but i have only had this problem with this game.
    Any help would be appreciated.

• @WrathoftheWalrus:

Attempting to launch the game for the first time (via steam). When launched an access window pops up saying “do you want to allow the following program to make changes to your computer?” program is ‘Steam Client Service (buildbot_winslave04_steam_steam_rel_cli…)’. I say allow and a steam window pops up saying “Performing first time setup (step 1 of 3)”. Then it disappears and the game is never launched. I suppose this may belong on steam support but i have only had this problem with this game.
    Any help would be appreciated.

Did you try running steam as administrator?

• I’m sorry but your going to have to explain what you mean by that.
    I’m not exceptionally savvy regarding steam.
    However, i believe that i did.

• The usual solution to this (and I hope that it works for you) is to going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv in Windows Explorer. Run the two vcredist executable files. Then go into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe.

Then try playing Chiv again from Steam.

• Thank you SOOO much. I t works. Really, thank you.

• @WrathoftheWalrus:

Thank you SOOO much. I t works. Really, thank you.

YAY! I’m glad that it works for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1:

• I have the same problem, but when i try to run the dx-file, it says it is missing one file (dx i suppose)

• @ReMixx:

The usual solution to this (and I hope that it works for you) is to going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv in Windows Explorer. Run the two vcredist executable files. Then go into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe.

All that i doing… but unsuccessful :x :x :x

• @WeedKnight:

@ReMixx:

The usual solution to this (and I hope that it works for you) is to going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv in Windows Explorer. Run the two vcredist executable files. Then go into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe.

All that i doing… but unsuccessful :x :x :x

Ok so you ran the 3 programs that I suggested and you still can’t launch Chiv from Steam?

• @paholainen79:

I have the same problem, but when i try to run the dx-file, it says it is missing one file (dx i suppose)

Post a new thread :)