Release a content patch this week.

• If you want to keep all these new players do this please.

• You gonna help them with it? You don’t make new content in a day you know.

• LOL. Now is the time for incremental patches.

• Why should especially the NEW players suddenly run away now if they dont release new content THIS WEEK(!!! Z0MG HURRYz!!)

?

I get used to see “questionable” posts from you, but this is a new record.

TB is working on the stuff. Just a reminder for you: They don´t HAVE to. The game is released and we got what we payed for, this is nothing to argue about. Everything they release now for free, is out of grace, not because they owe us. So who are you to demand such a ridiculous thing?

You should re-think your posts and threads before hitting the send button, really.

• They were losing players before the sale. The current boom is because of the sale, Chivalry launched with mediocre content and it won’t take long for fickle minded players to get bored because of Torn Banner’s awful patching schedule.

It would be silly to not take advantage of this. They took 4 weeks to release an extremely needed bugfix patch but the funny thing is a lot of those bugs still persist in the game. The Serverbrowser is still godawful.

• Im a new player, and although i am impressed with the game combat, there are definite bugs that will drive customers off in droves. They need to fix bugs. NOW! Or i will be getting a refund. Fix your game!

• ^

Lol, bet you won´t get a refund? :P

• Come on guys! People say this stuff about EVERY game. Remember, this is also an indie game. There are 15 people working on this, as opposed to hundreds on those “other” games. You may think they are losing players, but every player that leaves, there are more coming. Plus, this isn’t an MMORPG where you pay monthly subscriptions. They will always have it and they will always return. Mwahaha. You’ll see.

And as for the refunds, good luck with that… >.> Steam is not exactly known for handing out refunds.

• @MUSASHI:

If you want to keep all these new players do this please.

Citation needed.

• @William:

^

Lol, bet you won´t get a refund? :P

You’re right. There are some bugs but it is a pretty fun game overall. I thought i had a game-breaking bug but i fixed it up myself and it’s all good now. Hopefully other people with issues figure out that this is a pretty fun game.

• Whatcha Talkin’ bout’ Willis?

I’m now 50 hours in and I still can’t stop fake promising myself: “ok last round and I go to bed”.

• I am more than happy that i spent the money i did for this game. It’s so much fun and tbh, they could release no further content and I’d still be satisfied. I enjoy smashing and dismembering my enemies and this game delivers just that!

Thanks TB! You guys really satisfied this customer!

• New content would be nice, but not something that I’d require to keep playing.

I, too, have a hard time keeping the personal promise of “last round” when it’s the middle of the night and I have less than four hours to sleep if I want any. A few times my wife has said “did that silly game keep you up all night again?” as I drag my butt around the house at a slow pace.

All I can say is “yep….”

Besides, they could release new content and then two weeks later these “MOAR CONTENT OR GAME WILL DIE” threads would start popping up again. The problem isn’t the developer’s “patch schedule”, the problem is fast-food gamers that can never be satisfied.

• Well, some communities do die off if their game relies a lot on content updates… I’ve seen the Tribes: Ascend population take a nosedive in the past few months, which really sucks, because I like that game a lot… :(

• It’s not needed, but something simple and stupid like more helmets or changeable armour colours wouldn’t hurt.

• @Slaughtervomit:

I’ve seen the Tribes: Ascend population take a nosedive in the past few months, which really sucks, because I like that game a lot… :(

I do too, but I gotta say I didn’t play it in a long while.
    Blame might not be so much on the lack of contents than the annoying bullet spam getting worse and worse every time they add new automatic weapons.

• i think it was slygoat who said it, “they could give me my money back and let me keep the game and i still wouldnt”

and i still feel the same way, the game is amazing, the bugs are not even as close to being as bad as a fair number of AAA releases, and the content is there. to many people make a big deal abount needing unlocks, and crap. why? some of the best games of our past dont have them, you didnt unlock anything in quake, yet it remains as one of the most quintessential fps game around. why? because the gameplay is the core combat. same applies here, sure well eventually get new shiny toys and bugfixes, but honestly, the gameplay is the whole damn point and if you cant see that, then start your argueing with steam because your alot more likely to get a refund from them, then i am going to convince you your missing the point.

• @opticalshadow:

i think it was slygoat who said it, “they could give me my money back and let me keep the game and i still wouldnt”

and i still feel the same way, the game is amazing, the bugs are not even as close to being as bad as a fair number of AAA releases, and the content is there. to many people make a big deal abount needing unlocks, and crap. why? some of the best games of our past dont have them, you didnt unlock anything in quake, yet it remains as one of the most quintessential fps game around. why? because the gameplay is the core combat. same applies here, sure well eventually get new shiny toys and bugfixes, but honestly, the gameplay is the whole damn point and if you cant see that, then start your argueing with steam because your alot more likely to get a refund from them, then i am going to convince you your missing the point.

totally agree with above.

@MUSASHI:

If you want to keep all these new players do this please.

your funny unless your serious then your just tacky.

• I wish there was a way to pay a subscription to this game or that they released paid DLC. I want to support them more and encourage further content development of the game. I don’t think it’s fair to themselves to work so hard after releasing the game, all for free.

• I think content of any kind is needed, either from the devs or the modding community.
    I would still play it without any new content, but I’m addicted so idk if I really count :P

It doesn’t have to come this week but within the next weeks would surely be nice. It certainly makes it easier for me to advertise the game. Rivaling products like War of the Roses and Mount&Blade surely have more to offer if you’re not already convinced by Chivalry’s superior combat mechanic.

I see some of my steam friends who went back to one of these games after playing Chivalry for a while. Don’t know what’s the reason for it though.