UDK.exe Isn't there

• I tried to load up my game (downloaded off of steam) but my game never loaded and my computer said that there was a problem loading UDK.exe Trying to find what was wrong I looked for it and couldn’t find it. Now I tried re-installing to see if that works and it didn’t.

• Please check out this thread:
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6174

And see if that helps you out.

• I tried that and it didn’t work…

• Try going into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and running the two vcredist executables and then into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe.

• I tried running the x64 version and it failed telling me this:
    Please resolve the following:

This setup program requires an x64 platform. It cannot be installed on this platform.

Do you know how to fix this? The x86 version worked just fine.

• I looked around on the web and some people are saying I cant run this cause I’m on a 32-Bit Operating System, is that true? And if so, how/can I get a 64-Bit Operating System without loosing all my stuff?

• You can run it on a 32-bit system.

From This post
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3136

"I can’t start the game. When I try to start UDK.exe directly, I get an error like "x3daudio1_7.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error."

This indicates that a DirectX file within Windows has become corrupt. This may be due to any number of things, from an SSD/HDD error, to a RAM error, to a virus, to an errant cosmic ray, to some sort of obscure Windows bug.

Go into C:\Windows\SysWOW64; if that directory doesn’t exist then you’re on 32-bit Windows, so go to C:\Windows\System32. Find X3DAudio1_7.dll (or whatever DLL is affected) and rename it to something else (like X3DAudio1_7-backup.dll).

Rerun C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Redist\UE3Redist.exe, and it should now install a new version of that file."

• I couldn’t find the last two files…

• @Gonfoal:

I looked around on the web and some people are saying I cant run this cause I’m on a 32-Bit Operating System, is that true? And if so, how/can I get a 64-Bit Operating System without loosing all my stuff?

You don’t need a 64-bit operating system. I suggest to install both because most people are on 64-bit where you need to install both. Since you are on a 32-bit operating system, you just need to install the 32-bit vcredist.

So you still can’t run the game through Steam? What is the error message or does it just hang at a black screen?

• It says:
    UDK.exe has stopped working, windows is looking for a solution to the problem.

and then it says that windows couldn’t fix it and it will notify me if it finds a solution.

• Okay, please go to Windows Event Viewer (click start button, type in event viewer into the search field, and run the Event Viewer app that shows up). Then click on Windows Logs in the left hand side and then select the Application subcategory. In the middle-top panel, look through each one of the events until you find the latest caused by UDK.exe. Then please post the details about it from the big middle panel here. I’m looking for it to mention a faulting module (.dll).

• This was in the general section:
    Faulting application UDK.exe, version 1.0.10246.0, time stamp 0x50ad4099, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18449, time stamp 0x4da47967, exception code 0x00000001, fault offset 0x0003fc56, process id 0x1038, application start time 0x01cdcb7aa410.

• @Gonfoal:

This was in the general section:
    Faulting application UDK.exe, version 1.0.10246.0, time stamp 0x50ad4099, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 6.0.6002.18449, time stamp 0x4da47967, exception code 0x00000001, fault offset 0x0003fc56, process id 0x1038, application start time 0x01cdcb7aa410.

Would you please attach a DxDiag.txt? I forgot to ask for it earlier it seems.

• Ok, how exactly do I do that?

• @Gonfoal:

Ok, how exactly do I do that?

Click the Start Button, type in dxdiag, run the dxdiag.exe app, wait for the green progress bar in the lower left hand corner to finish, click Save All Information button. This will generate the DxDiag.txt. Then just attach it in a reply!

• Ok, here you go.

• @Gonfoal:

Ok, here you go.

Thanks… is the Intel chip the only video card that you have in the computer?

• I’m not sure, how do I check?

• @Gonfoal:

I’m not sure, how do I check?

Click the start menu, search for device manager, open it and look for the Display Adapters section. See attached image for a reference.

Also, can you try click this URL while having Steam open? steam://checksysreqs/219640

[attachment=0:oowgn5rq]device.jpg[/attachment:oowgn5rq]

• When I opened the link it said I met the minimum requirements, and I only have the Intel® graphics card