Team Damage since patch

• hey dudes

is it just me or does team damage sometimes seem excessive after new patch?

i keep getting 1 shotted as a knight by team damage, even from throwing axes which seems strange (happened twice last night)

i think something may be bugged with team damage since the patch

anyone else notice this?

• I noticed this too, fairly annoying really since I cannot control the swings my teammates make. That being said, I’ve actually teamkilled a-lot more In one day, than I have in an entire week! :D

• I haven’t noticed any difference. I believe team damage is set to 50% by default, but can be adjusted by server admins. Just from jumping into a match with bots earlier, it does still seem to default to 50%.

Honestly, I really wish team damage was set to 100% on more servers. Friendly fire is what prevents people from just mindlessly swarming enemies to get kills. If you’re fighting 3 enemies at once by yourself, you’ll have a much better chance of winning if they have to be careful not to hit one another.

But before they do anything like that they really need to implement some kind of team damage warning and punishment system. A lot of newbies don’t even seem to be aware that there is team damage until they actually kill someone.

• Honestly, I really wish team damage was set to 100% on more servers. Friendly fire is what prevents people from just mindlessly swarming enemies to get kills.

Not true. Some (read: many) people will do anything to get kill, no matter what team damage is set on - theyl’ll sacrifice themselves by going into the middle of enemy or swing left and right with friendlies close nearby. Change would only irritate more people who suffer the results of teamkiller’s recklessness already.

• different servers with different tk dam settings

• default is 50% but most servers run it @ 100% “ours are at 100%” this being said, i beleive it is an influx of noobs that dont know what they are doing that are tking at every turn, they need to learn that in a crowd they should only overhand and when arching dont take shots where friendlies are there, seem these new unexperienced archers think they can save you and end up killing you, they need to learn what shots to take and what shots not to take.

• @Rognik:

Honestly, I really wish team damage was set to 100% on more servers. Friendly fire is what prevents people from just mindlessly swarming enemies to get kills. If you’re fighting 3 enemies at once by yourself, you’ll have a much better chance of winning if they have to be careful not to hit one another.

well ,with a team with only good player , yes it would be great … but 90% of the time my teammates are bloody vultures who keep swinging right through me to get the kill …( specialy since the 50% off steam sale ) … it will take a while for most of these ppls to learn to play as a team and not vultures ( well i bet most of them will always remain vultures …)

• I recklessly rush in with my maul to crush everything in my path. If you don’t want TK’d get out of the way! 200% team damage imo!

• @Holy.Death:

Not true. Some (read: many) people will do anything to get kill, no matter what team damage is set on - theyl’ll sacrifice themselves by going into the middle of enemy or swing left and right with friendlies close nearby. Change would only irritate more people who suffer the results of teamkiller’s recklessness already.

And that is why I said there should be a team damage warning, auto-kick system, and/or a hefty team damage penalty before any such change.

The warning could tell people to use overheads and thrusts when teammates are around, and if they don’t follow that advice, kick/ban them after dealing too much team damage in a short period. Alternatively, make the punishment something funny like turning the TKer into a filthy peasant for a certain period of time. :)

• I’ve seen more and more servers running 100% FF. If you want to be sure a server only has 50% FF, look for Official servers - if you’re on the Eastern US you might even run into me :)

• Just to add some stats to this, of the 356 servers in game, 108 of them have 100% friendly fire. So be sure to check before you join.

• Indeed.

If you are looking for PUG play, go pick an Official server unless you are truly desperate.

I’ve been hit so many times by my own teammates, I can’t even express how much I love the reduced FF damage :P