Conencting with Friends easier.

• Not sure if anyone has mentioned this…

But my friend was playing and I tried to right click on his name and join his game. (I’m using steam). Well even though he said there were spots open, I got an error saying there weren’t enough invite spot available. Now this error was kinda weird. I can’t quite remember exactly what it said but it was something along the lines of “UI.NOT.ENOUGH.INVITE.SPACES” then it asked for me to confirm below the pop up box.

Also when when your in a server there is no way to know what server your actually on. Well it tells you the IP. But I can’t figure out a way to search for a server by IP address. Nor can I bring down the command window and type connect XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. Same with join command doesn’t work either.

I really enjoy the game I just wish it was easier to connect with friends who are currently playing.

Thanks and I hope you guys address this issue.

• @n3wf:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this…

But my friend was playing and I tried to right click on his name and join his game. (I’m using steam). Well even though he said there were spots open, I got an error saying there weren’t enough invite spot available. Now this error was kinda weird. I can’t quite remember exactly what it said but it was something along the lines of “UI.NOT.ENOUGH.INVITE.SPACES” then it asked for me to confirm below the pop up box.

Also when when your in a server there is no way to know what server your actually on. Well it tells you the IP. But I can’t figure out a way to search for a server by IP address. Nor can I bring down the command window and type connect XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX. Same with join command doesn’t work either.

I really enjoy the game I just wish it was easier to connect with friends who are currently playing.

Thanks and I hope you guys address this issue.

Hi there,

I’m not sure about the first part, but to know the exact IP and port of the game you (or a friend) are on, in steam, in your (or a friend’s) profile, click on the top right where it says “currently in game, click to join game” and the game info box will come up. That will give you the correct IP and port you need to login to the game.

Then in the console (hit ~), type in open IPaddress:port and then you’ll shortly login to the game.

Hope that is what you were referring to.

Thanks!

• Oh I will try that. Thanks!

• @n3wf:

Oh I will try that. Thanks!

No problem! Just let me know if it works or not. :)

• @Kimiko:

Hi there,

I’m not sure about the first part, but to know the exact IP and port of the game you (or a friend) are on, in steam, in your (or a friend’s) profile, click on the top right where it says “currently in game, click to join game” and the game info box will come up. That will give you the correct IP and port you need to login to the game.

Then in the console (hit ~), type in open IPaddress:port and then you’ll shortly login to the game.

Hope that is what you were referring to.

Thanks!

I wonder where she learned how to do this :shock:

• The first part is tied to servers displaying false player counts. A server may have only say, 20 people, but if it’s still displaying 24/24 or higher, it refuses to connect by that method. As above, you can try manually connecting, or find the server in the browser itself and connect that way. At some point, the IP address in the top right of the Scoreboard will be changed to the server name, which is much needed.