Pre-Orders?

• I want you guys to shut up and take my money. When can this happen?

• Developer

haha, appreciate the enthusiasm. We’re looking into preorders and beta but nothing has been finalized just yet. Maybe you guys can give us some ideas of what you’d like to see as a preorder incentive?

• Alpha/Beta access is always a good reward for pre-orders imo.

• @mikemosh511:

Alpha/Beta access is always a good reward for pre-orders imo.

generally this is a good one, especially when people know it’s a medieval game like no other xD

Could always do a Medieval Title or something though? not fully sure how that would work in game but after only being up a few hours it’s all I can think of… lol

Either way, I want to order :(

• I like this guy. Shut up and take my money. Awesome.
    Who do I write the check to.

• I’ll also be pre-ordering when possible.
    As an incentive, I agree with the alpha/beta access but perhaps you could have some sort of in-game reward such as a certain skin/costume/banner (could be a single item or a small pack) for those who pre-ordered.

• @Twyster:

I’ll also be pre-ordering when possible.
    As an incentive, I agree with the alpha/beta access but perhaps you could have some sort of in-game reward such as a certain skin/costume/banner (could be a single item or a small pack) for those who pre-ordered.

Twyster’s got the right idea. Any kind of little in-game “Present” like he mentioned would be appreciated immensily. It is really up to you guys though, since we are going to be throwing cash yall’s way for no reason anyway.

P.S. I attached $5 to the back of the post.

• Give people a sword as their pre-order bonus.

j/k I would like to see perhaps a behind-the-scenes doc, or a fleshed out short story prelude or something. Something that gets people into the game, and engages them, or lets them realize just how hard you worked on it to make it work.

• **I think something that signifies that those who pre-ordered were interested from the beginning!

So a visual item that looks rather cool, say like a TF2 item that’s visible… But is only available one time for pre-orders!

That would be boss.**

• But it would be utterly useless for those of us, like me, who don’t play TF2, or don’t have it. There’s no bonus in getting a new TF2 hat, because I don’t play TF2, and don’t ever plan on playing it. Makes that hat a useless item, doesn’t it?

Something a bit more tangible and universal would be much better, and encourage more pre-orders.

• Actually what tends of be done in emerging games seeking pre-orders is stretching the line up to a point where it doesn’t actually create unbalance amongst players:

• Award pre-orders with an item which can only be unlocked further ahead (e.g. a Level 7 armor or so, since at least theoretically, the more advanced armors should not be significantly stronger then all other lower level armors, instead they should just have a different set of stats and bonuses), this will without doubt incentive pre-ordering.

• The man said, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

I concur, take my money, TAKE IT!

• I would like special taunts to use as a pre-order bonus. Definitely not anything that will give those of us who pre-order an edge in combat. Just something silly or cool to show off.

• @Ajax:

But it would be utterly useless for those of us, like me, who don’t play TF2, or don’t have it. There’s no bonus in getting a new TF2 hat, because I don’t play TF2, and don’t ever plan on playing it. Makes that hat a useless item, doesn’t it?

Something a bit more tangible and universal would be much better, and encourage more pre-orders.

He means an item you can see in-game, like those in TF2, not that torn banner studios would give you a TF2 item.

• @SeptusCap:

@Ajax:

But it would be utterly useless for those of us, like me, who don’t play TF2, or don’t have it. There’s no bonus in getting a new TF2 hat, because I don’t play TF2, and don’t ever plan on playing it. Makes that hat a useless item, doesn’t it?

He means an item you can see in-game, like those in TF2, not that torn banner studios would give you a TF2 item.

What about just that?

you get an in-game “Torn banner” that you can dink around with. It doesnt even have to give buffs or do anything, just look cool.

You could make it useable so you just plant some giant flag into the ground and then stand there and giggle.

My point is… almost ANYTHING unique that I can show off to those who do not have it works for me :P

• <–-- consumer whore, gimme game. have at least 3 friends who would buy as well

• Yeah gogo pre-orders…. i need like 4 at least … for, uhm… just me… cos i do !

• With pre-order you get a man-at-arms action figure! =D

• Take ma monies and lemme play now!!! That right there would be plenty. A little cosmetic in-game thing wouldn’t be bad either. Maybe a slightly altered armor look that is aged. Show we have been fans from ancient times. ;)

Another thing to consider would be a collector or supporter edition pre-order. Throw in one of the items in your shop for cost tacked on to what the regular pre-order costs. Though… I demand a good quality hat be added to the shop! T-shirts come and go but a good hat is a treasured friend!!!

• Will this game be available on Steam?