Let us change our colours

• I think that since we don’t get to see our friend’s names over their heads, and can’t see them until we get really close we should be able to change the colours of our tabards (like the random colours in FFA mode) so that we can easily recognize people in game and because it would just be a cool little thing to do.

• @grappo:

I think that since we don’t get to see our friend’s names over their heads, and can’t see them until we get really close we should be able to change the colours of our tabards (like the random colours in FFA mode) so that we can easily recognize people in game and because it would just be a cool little thing to do.

While it would be nice to be able to do that, especially in FFA
    Introducing the concept would also bring up the question “If I can change my colours why not my armor?” It’d just put a lot more work onto the dev’s shoulders

Besides, your problem can be solved simply by communication or by looking at peoples names that appear below them when you get close

• It’s silly to shoot things down on the grounds that “it’ll make people want more”.

As well, I know that you can see people’s names when you get close, and for people who don’t have microphones it’s difficult to constantly communicate your position to teammates.

• misread -

• @grappo:

I think that since we don’t get to see our friend’s names over their heads, and can’t see them until we get really close we should be able to change the colours of our tabards (like the random colours in FFA mode) so that we can easily recognize people in game and because it would just be a cool little thing to do.

@Siegbert:

@Azerai:

While it would be nice to be able to do that, especially in FFA
    Introducing the concept would also bring up the question "If I can change my colours why not my armor?

What has this to do with eath other?

The armor is fine (except for lack of customization). He simply wants to change the text color which is not a hard thing to do. Just give us an option to do it…

ah if your friend is in your steam friends list and on your team you will see him/her wherever they are on the map, if the server allows. ;) if you cant see that you need glasses.

As far as different colored armor for any other mode other than FFA, it would increase tk’s cause no one would know who was on what team.

• Basically what dirtyjob said.

All i can say is that they can add armor customization, but colors NEED to be the way they are, otherwise it would be confusing and unrealistic

With armor customization, lets guess that your friend has x helmet or x whatever, you just look for him and remember his armor.

Still there may be more people with that helmet or whatever, but it will be easier than before.

• NO, FOR THE RED AND BLACK! :berz:

• i wouldnt want different colors every map except for FFA. But i wouldnt mind to be able to get veteran armors like we did with helmets.

• I think this is a good idea. You can balance teamcolors and still allows customization. Maybe keep teamcolors but allow different patterns. Or have teamcolors on the chest but allow colorswap veteran helmets, or veteran armors. I’m more concerned about the gameplay being balanced and deep and fun, but this is a good suggestion.

• @Mas:

i wouldnt want different colors every map except for FFA. But i wouldnt mind to be able to get veteran armors like we did with helmets.

thats a nice idea