Wierd lag on all servers

• Ok so I installed the newest network drivers but that didn’t help at all.

Once again, I have no framerate issues with the game. I can play with as much bots as I want and the game run smoothly without any jumps.

Other multiplayergames such as Left4Dead, Freelancer and BF: Bad Company 2 don’t have these weird 15 second jumplags.
    I’m really at a loss here…
    Can someone tell me how to change the ports the game uses to achieve internet connectivity, so I can set them manually?
    Maybe that will help.

• My server seems to be affected by this lag as well, and the players say that this lag occurs everywhere. I thought it had something to do with the free weekend, but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

It has something to do with the game, and it’s really annoying. It seems to maybe occur less often when i kick/ban people with ping over 140.

I’m hosting on my own computer, i’ve got enough resources to run a server.
    My setup:

! - EVGA GTX 670
    ! - Intel i5-3570k
    ! - connection: 100Mb/100Mb

• I have registered just to tell that, since the free week-end, I am experiencing this problem.
    My ping is OK, but I noticed some servers (from History) that are now having a ping above 100 and, obviously, that wasn’t the case before.
    Also, I have 2 network connection from 2 different ISPs :) (one with a router, the other with direct connection), and it is the same issue regardless of the connection that I choose.
    The game performance is the same as before, so it’s not FPS related.
    The game is almost unplayable because, basically, you cannot block anymore. What I am seeing on screen is delayed by approximately 1 second. There is a delay noticeable when the opponent blocks: the animation is played after a few, crucial, moments after my attack animation is complete. Shortly after, I am insta-hit by the opponent (who probably attacked me while I was still seeing him block).
    So it’s like we are out of sync with the server. What I see it’s not what the server registers. This normally falls under network connectivity. But, as I stated above, I tested with a back-up connection, and there are too many players having this issue.

Any thoughts :)?

• I’m also experiencing this problem. I bought the game yesterday and I’ll get teleported to some random place for a second or two. This happens every 15 seconds or so and makes the game almost unplayable. I seem to be getting bad ping from servers, too, even though my internet is completely fine (no packet loss and speeds the same as they’ve always been). I hope this is fixed because I really want to enjoy the game.

• I don’t even have high ping, thats the thing… (I can even be around 15, doesn’t matter)
    So is there any way to manually tell the game wich port and ip to use?
    Old MP Games like UT2003 used to have this option in the main menu.
    Doesn’t look like I’m the only one having problems

• I have exactly the same problem.

• I am experiencing the same phenomenon. My ping is between 30-50 and I have a newer generation i7 and a GTX 670 so my frames are butter smooth. Until this gets resolved any kind of competitive play is out of the question.

• Confirming that a reinstall does fix this issue. Back to kicking ass now lol.

• Been having this issue since the patch as well. Will reinstall.

Edit: Reinstall didn’t fix the problem. I think my problem is slightly different to the OP. I get real short range teleporting from opponents and myself. Often times you get hit twice before you even see someone suddenly appear in front of you. Ping is 50-60, no lag or packet loss.
    Oh well, guess I’ll wait until the next patch and hope for the best.

• This has been happening today to me as well, and it’s pissing me off. I lost a fucking duel to some total scrub because of this crazy lag. He was a vanguard running at me, and he literally disappeared for 4 seconds only to reappear next to me doing the vanguard sword swing, which took out like 75% of my health. Twice it happened! I don’t know if he was using some lag hack thing (I assume this was the case as it only lagged really badly before he did his jump move) or what, but if this was a game problem, it needs to be addressed right away.

• I should add that two of my mates who play this game both have the same problems as myself since the new patch and have stopped playing. Another mate says everything feels ok for him. He is running an ATI video card whilst we are all currently running Nvidia. The only obvious difference in our rigs.

• Also registered just for this.
    I basically have the same problem as everyone else. I usually have a low ping -around 40- but I keep getting lag on the servers. Sometimes i’ll run and it will jump forward. I miss while launching, blocking. Etc. From time to time, I’ll find a server where it doesn’t happen, but after a little while it comes back. Also I’ve been seeing lot of servers with ping incredibly high, in the 500 and up.

I have no problem or whatsoever with framerate (tutorial and bot games will work mighty fine).
    This is really getting annoying, because even when my ping is at 20 and the servers’ one is low too, this will still happen.
    As everyone says, this makes the game unplayable as timing is everything in it.

• For christ sake. This problem is killing the game. I just can’t play the game anymore because of this bullshit. People disappear to reappear 1 or 2 second to another place. Frustrating as hell.

• I can attest to this issue, i had noticed that yesterday (while my ping was around 30-40).

I walked through a grassy meadow with no enemy in sight, then all of a sudden I see the hammer hit my head while I was surrounded by 3 knights. Not cool.

• @D3ft0ne:

I walked through a grassy meadow with no enemy in sight, then all of a sudden I see the hammer hit my head while I was surrounded by 3 knights. Not cool.

C’mon, that’s kinda cool! … :(

• I’ve been getting these lags as well after the recent patch. Before patch I didn’t have them. A lot of other players on the servers seem to have them as well, as the now constant typing of “LAG!” in the chat attests.

• Same problem as everyone else.

I have 55-60FPS always. I only join servers that have less than 100 ping. Good ping, but then randomly spike/de-sync and teleport.

I have latest firmware and a 25/5 (mpbs) connection.

Pinged router and modem, they are working fine. Called my ISP today too thinking this could be on their end, but they reported no problems.

• this game is broken, unplayable. Driving me crazy.

• I’ve have had this for the past several months. It’s extremely annoying and breaks the game completely.

• So this problem apparently got fixed or it just fixed itself.
    However, I’m glad to be able to play again.