[SOLVED] No Cursor Anymore/Mouse Not Working After Update

• Hi,

Been playing Chivalry since it came out no problems, since the most recent update my cursor does not appear on the main menu anymore so i cannot select anything. I can navigate using the keyboard but that will only get me so far until i need to select a team which i can’t do without the mouse.

I’ve tried clicking when i think the mouse is hovered over an item but it doesn’t register anything at all even when spamming on the menu page.

I have a Razer Deathadder mouse, no 3rd party software installed only default mouse drivers with Windows. Any idea’s why my mouse cursor has dissapeared?

Thanks

• For kicks and giggles, try running the DXSETUP.exe again from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown

• Thanks for that, unfortunately it didn’t work, there’s still no cursor to use at all.

Do you have any other suggestions?

• Try deleting this folder: My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare. Deleting this folder will reset all inputs (so it will wipe any custom keybinds if you have those).

• Just deleted the folder and tried the game again, it launched in a window rather than full screen but unfortunately did not work, still no cursor. Alt+Tab into fullscreen still produced the same problem.

Thanks for the suggestions though, really hope i can fix this, love the game.

Cheers

• Does Razer have any custom software/drivers that you could try?

• FYI, i’m upgrading my graphics card drivers to see if that will help (6970 AMD/ATI).

• @ReMixx:

Does Razer have any custom software/drivers that you could try?

I’ll try that if the graphics card drivers don’t work. Never used Razers software in the past but i will try it.

Cheers

• @deanasec:

@ReMixx:

Does Razer have any custom software/drivers that you could try?

I’ll try that if the graphics card drivers don’t work. Never used Razers software in the past but i will try it.

Cheers

Doesn’t hurt. Can always uninstall it if it doesn’t do anything or messes up any other games :)

• Unfortunately no joy with both a graphics driver update and installation of the correct mouse software drivers.

• Do you have another mouse that you can try?

• It’s all good now, i was looking for an excuse to format my PC anyway so i went ahead and wiped everything and now its working again. Sorry i won’t be able to help with anyone experiencing the same issue, but it looks like i was the only one for some reason :/

Anyway thanks for your help, much appreciated.