Val suggestions

• 1. Stamina drain or block breaking for large weapons. The larger the attackers weapon is, the more stamina drain when its blocked and the higher chance it will break through the block. This is so you dont run up to an archer with a huge 2 handed maul hit, get blocked and just stabbed to death with a dagger. There is a reason noone used daggers in war except as a last resort; range and mass count. Blocking a 2 handed maul or sword swing with a dagger is laughable and gives lighter, faster classes a huge advantage.

2. Give the vanguard charge attack a block break, unblockability, stamina drain or something to make it useful.A madman is charging at you fullspeed and you block it with little to no effort? Silly.

3. Player profiles. With lifetime KDA and stats recorded.

4. Player skill rankings and matchmaking

• @valiance:

1. Stamina drain or block breaking for large weapons. The larger the attackers weapon is, the more stamina drain when its blocked and the higher chance it will break through the block. This is so you dont run up to an archer with a huge 2 handed maul hit, get blocked and just stabbed to death with a dagger. There is a reason noone used daggers in war except as a last resort; range and mass count. Blocking a 2 handed maul or sword swing with a dagger is laughable and gives lighter, faster classes a huge advantage.

2. Give the vanguard charge attack a block break, unblockability, stamina drain or something to make it useful.A madman is charging at you fullspeed and you block it with little to no effort? Silly.

I’d agree with most, though stats aren’t as much a priority to me, as a vanguard I find the charge attack kinda useless besides blindsiding opponents
    and seeing as it’s the defining feature of the vanguard aside their weapons it’s in a sorry state
    giving it something of strategic value would be awesome

That aside, having a variable block strength would be great, maybe if every once and a while the blocked hit will stagger the user would work?

• Well, the no effort thing…

when you block a charging vanguard, it gets you pushed backwards, if thats not effort, i dont know what it is :P

Anyways, i played vanguard a lot too and i know for sure charging is mostly useless unless your enemy is a newby or he is not looking at you. That or, you are using the sword. Charge is best done with the sword as its a slash that makes it harder to dodge. otherwise, useless.

I get to kill vanguards who charge at me just by going right and slashing the f*** out of them lol

So, this is how i see it:

Block its okay the way it is, but charge either is planned to be used in counted ocassions or its pretty useless. If its planned to be a surprise attack or something like that, then its ok the way it is, but i dont know the devs plans for that attack, so yeah.

Still, i achieved to get some kills with it against players who werent looking, but thats all. Useless facing enemies.

• 1. I understand your point, and I agree with it. But, If you would be able to break a dagger or a 1 handed weapon with a 2 handed, everyone would choose a 2 handed.

2.I wouldn’t make it unblockable, but yeah, some stamina drain would work.

3.Agree.

4.Matchmaking is not necessary when you have a server browser and filters.

• 1 and 2 agree. More stamina drain would be a good thing! Daggers shouldn’t parry mauls at all…

3 agree but I wouldnt give any mind to it, I berzerker charge most of the time and have a high count on both ends most games.

4 I perfer having the ability to go smash noobs in pub games :) disagree 100%

• Matchmaking takes a game from uncompetitive, unorganized stomps into competitive, organized team games. At least in the team modes I think it would be very useful. Any game which can organize people of similar skill to play against each other retains players much better. If you start the game and just get completely shat on by organized teams of better players, you will stop playing due to never being able to win, and the better players will drop out due to being bored and not being able to seek out competition on their level. Developing some kind of trueskill or Elo can put this game on the path to true competitiveness and fun.

Not as if FPS genre games (which this basically is) don’t have matchmaking in 2012. CS:GO has it, Halo 4 has it, COD: BO2 has it, MW has it (I think).

• 5. Make friendly fire damage reflect on the guy doing it (at least in part if not 100%) with a popup that says (STOP HITTING YOUR ALLIES). It can stop teamkilling, griefing, and people swinging giant reach weapons that should be used as stabbing weapons in ranks :P Maybe it will cause people to give enough space to their claymore/2-h weapon users.

That said I do like friendly fire in some fashion. It’d be ridiculous to run around swinging THROUGH your allies :x

• 5. Make friendly fire damage reflect on the guy doing it (at least in part if not 100%) with a popup that says (STOP HITTING YOUR ALLIES).

I disagree, that breaks the realism and the immersion of the game. I think it would be terrible to introduce “magic” into this game, which is what you are suggesting.

The best punishment for tking i have heard is to increase the persons spawn time, 10 seconds for every person you tk.

• @valiance:

1. Stamina drain or block breaking for large weapons. […]. Blocking a 2 handed maul or sword swing with a dagger is laughable and gives lighter, faster classes a huge advantage.

Agree 100%

@valiance:

Kinda agree with the stamina but really not on the break block.

@valiance:

Don’t really care either way.

@valiance:

5. Make friendly fire damage reflect on the guy doing it (at least in part if not 100%) with a popup that says (STOP HITTING YOUR ALLIES).

I’d rather have a TK cost -2 kills and - 20 points. That would be more dissuasive.

• 1. Make large throwing axes with 1 ammo and high damage. Give them the ability to bounce off of the ground like medieval Fransiscas. Why? Well it’s historically accurate and badass as all hell. You can bounce an axe on the ground under an enemy’s shield into his legs to break up a charge or a formation. Unfortunately we don’t have breaking shields, but a fransisca is pretty great for that as well.

2. Make a hoplite class, or, more practically, allow the Vanguard to equip a 1 handed spear with a shield. A heavily armored, shield and 1 handed spear class is way closer to a vanguard with a spear and shield, than to the javelin throwing archers we have now (velites in the Roman army or psiloi/peltast in the Greek). Maybe replace the fork or brandistock with a shorter spear than the one we have now. Call that the spear and the current spear a pike. :P