Game Won't Start (Not Responding)

• Making a new thread as advised.

I try to run Chivalry (via steam interface), the game & developer banner pops up, followed by a black window titled Chivalry:Medieval Warfare 32 Bit, DX9, there’s some activity in the hdd then it goes quiet. If I press a key the window turns “Not Responding”. I have to close the window manually.

I’m trying to run Chivalry on my notebook. Specs:

Processor: Intel i7-Q720-1.60 GHz
    RAM: 6 GB,
    Video Card: Nvidia GT330M

Here’s what I’ve tried so far:

• Running UDK.exe file as administrator
    • Adding -windowed line on steam launch options
    • Adding -borderless line on steam launch options
    • Adding lines for various resolutions on steam launch options
    • Installing the vcredist files in RedistChiv folder, along with DXSETUP.exe in DXREDISTCUTDOWN folder
    • Installing DirectX 9.0c manually
    • Waiting around for about half an hour on the (unresponsive) window.

I’m attaching dxdiag and launch.log files, hoping they can help identify the problem. Thank you : )

• Use your desktop resolution if you already don’t.

*Sry,wrong post.

• @johnk17:

Use your desktop resolution if you already don’t.

Tried that, too. Still can’t get it to work :?

• It was a wrong post though but I really don’t know what is going on here if you did all these actions.Your notebook is fine handling the game.I’ll check the log file better.

• Something’s wrong for sure but I can’t tell exactly what… :? …Maybe running it on a notebook is the problem or something like that.This may help as well:
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3830

• @johnk17:

Something’s wrong for sure but I can’t tell exactly what… :? …Maybe running it on a notebook is the problem or something like that.This may help as well:
    viewtopic.php?f=69&t=3830

I’m not really all that computer savvy but I still tried to tweak some of the settings for UDK.exe on nvidia settings, as mentioned in that thread. It didn’t work, unfortunately.

Well, as you said, perhaps the game wasn’t really meant to be played on notebooks. Maybe the devs will address this freezing window problem in a future patch, since it seems to show up somewhat often in these threads.

I really appreciate you trying to help, though. Thanks :)

• ReMixx may find a solution for you though.He knows better.

• @johnk17:

ReMixx may find a solution for you though.He knows better.

Hey don’t put that kind of pressure on me! lol

Ok let’s do our best to solve this.

First glance from the DxDiag.txt shows that your windows is out of date. Please run Windows Update (do it once more after you do it just to make sure that you got everything. Sometimes newer updates require older updates to appear).

Also, your nVidia graphics drivers are out of date. Please update those to the latest version as well from nVidia’s website.

Do those two things and try running the game again. If it fails, please post an updated DxDiag.txt and Launch.log and we’ll go from there. :)

• @ReMixx:

@johnk17:

ReMixx may find a solution for you though.He knows better.

Hey don’t put that kind of pressure on me! lol

No,I’m speaking the truth here.I put no pressure,you are addicted in this…You are a maniac!!! :o :x

• @johnk17:

you are addicted in this…You are a maniac!!! :o :x

Sad… but true :(

I need a therapist :x

• @ReMixx:

Do those two things and try running the game again. If it fails, please post an updated DxDiag.txt and Launch.log and we’ll go from there. :)

OK I’ll try and do that, although I’ve been having some issues with Windows Update recently. Will post results if I can get it to update. Thanks again.

• Hey! I think I’m having the same issue. I made a topic about what I’m experiencing with a couple screenshots (/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6387). Do they look familiar to what your dealing with?

• @GoldShot:

Hey! I think I’m having the same issue. I made a topic about what I’m experiencing with a couple screenshots (/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6387). Do they look familiar to what your dealing with?

Yep, I was having the exact same problem but it went away after I did a clean install of windows & updated everything. Glad your problem is solved too :)

-it probably had something to do with me missing about 50+ windows updates-

• @gts2550:

@GoldShot:

Hey! I think I’m having the same issue. I made a topic about what I’m experiencing with a couple screenshots (/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6387). Do they look familiar to what your dealing with?

Yep, I was having the exact same problem but it went away after I did a clean install of windows & updated everything. Glad your problem is solved too :)

-it probably had something to do with me missing about 50+ windows updates-

So gts2550 your problem is solved then?

• Definitely :) Thanks for helping out.

• @gts2550:

Definitely :) Thanks for helping out.

Yay! I’m glad that it works for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1: