Ranks and stuff

• Hi,

I read some posts about leveling, unlocking and things like that. I don’t think it would be a good idea to use that system, we already have too much COD-like games.

In my opinion, it would be better to have some global stats in which you can look up how many kills a player has, how often he died, his accuracy, how often he won/lost, etc. (actually I think Cs:GO has something similar to this). And, of course, there should be nothing, absolutely nothing to unlock.

Just my opinion, I hope the devs read this post. :)

• @Da:

Hi,

I read some posts about leveling, unlocking and things like that. I don’t think it would be a good idea to use that system, we already have too much COD-like games.

In my opinion, it would be better to have some global stats in which you can look up how many kills a player has, how often he died, his accuracy, how often he won/lost, etc. (actually I think Cs:GO has something similar to this). And, of course, there should be nothing, absolutely nothing to unlock.

This game has ranks, therefore COD. Makes perfect sense. 8-)

What is up with people and their obsession with relating EVERYTHING to COD?

How about we just get rid of all the sword weapons too, cause you’ve got a knife in COD, and they’re basically the same but ones bigger. Oh, lets remove all guns from FPS’s also, to make them less COD like.

I want to eat someone to vent my frustration!

• Let’s just remove COD. :)

• @Slaughtervomit:

Let’s just remove COD. :)

Nono, we need something to keep them from coming here!!

• @ReMixx:

@Slaughtervomit:

Nono, we need something to keep them from coming here!!

Mass suicide? 8-)

• @Slaughtervomit:

I own Black Ops 2 That is a great idea. 8-)

• @Unit:

@Da Bozz:

Hi,

How about we just get rid of all the sword weapons too, cause you’ve got a knife in COD, and they’re basically the same but ones bigger. Oh, lets remove all guns from FPS’s also, to make them less COD like.

Dear 1_262,

I understand you stopped reading when you saw the letters C,O and D, but please try reading the whole post and giving constructive feedback instead of making fun of it.

I just want to share my opinion because one of the developers said he would appreciate it to collect more feedback concerning leveling, unlockable items, etc.

Next time, please read more carefully and think about the writer’s attitude towards the topic.

Thank you very much.

• Stats are great. But unlockables and ranks are fun too because it keeps you playing, and it keeps the game fresh.
    At the same time it would not ruin the game, because the gameplay is not oriented that way. The gameplay make it so that the fun resides in the gameplay itself, the thrill of combat, not the race for unlockables like you have in COD or the grind for XP that you would have in MMOs.

That game could have 1 class and only two weapons, I would still play it, because it’s just so much fun to fight - slash, dodge, feint, chop heads off …

• @R0m:

Stats are great. But unlockables and ranks are fun too because it keeps you playing, and it keeps the game fresh.
    At the same time it would not ruin the game, because the gameplay is not oriented that way. The gameplay make it so that the fun resides in the gameplay itself, the thrill of combat, not the race for unlockables like you have in COD or the grind for XP that you would have in MMOs.

That game could have 1 class and only two weapons, I would still play it, because it’s just so much fun to fight - slash, dodge, feint, chop heads off …

Exactly!

• First of all,welcome Da Bozz.

The unlocking system maybe is not necessary,I agree.The veteran helmets should be gained by lvl or a different way that has to do with experience.I disagree though with your suggestion about global stats.You are in a battle and you shouldn’t know anything more about your enemy or any other player than his lvl(how experienced he is),it’s enough.I like the element of surprise of “what am I going to face” without knowing anything else about anyone except what you see in battle and only there.

About the lvl progress,I think there should be a combination of kills,assists and score(mainly score) for lvl up.

Keep it 8-) !

• @johnk17:

About the lvl progress,I think there should be a combination of kills,assists and score(mainly score) for lvl up.

That’s also a good idea, just something that shows a player’s status or “skill”, but nothing that changes gameplay. More options for the appearance or something like that.

Is that what you mean?

• @Da:

@johnk17:

That’s also a good idea, just something that shows a player’s status or “skill”, but nothing that changes gameplay. More options for the appearance or something like that.

Is that what you mean?

I mean that the criteria of leveling up should depend on these.They should not be visible anywhere as I explained as global stats.

• @johnk17:

@Da:

@johnk17:

Is that what you mean?

I mean that the criteria of leveling up should depend on these.They should not be visible anywhere as I explained as global stats.

The criteria you mentioned are great imho, but I would like this rank to appear somewhere in the game, as it is now.

(I would still appreciate some global stats :D )

• but I would like this rank to appear somewhere in the game, as it is now

This is what I mean,only the rank as it is now.

• @Da:

@Unit 1_262:

@Da Bozz:

Hi,

Dear 1_262,

I understand you stopped reading when you saw the letters C,O and D, but please try reading the whole post and giving constructive feedback instead of making fun of it.

I just want to share my opinion because one of the developers said he would appreciate it to collect more feedback concerning leveling, unlockable items, etc.

Next time, please read more carefully and think about the writer’s attitude towards the topic.

Thank you very much.

That wasn’t supposed to be funny. Unless satire is funny. Which it is

I honestly don’t care about needing to unlock things, I definetly don’t see it as being a problem.

I don’t see the point in comparing it to COD to make it sound less appealing though. That’s just pathetic 8-)

• @Unit:

That wasn’t supposed to be funny. Unless satire is funny. Which it is

I honestly don’t care about needing to unlock things, I definetly don’t see it as being a problem.

I don’t see the point in comparing it to COD to make it sound less appealing though. That’s just pathetic 8-)

If you wanted to express that I compared the game to COD, then you are wrong. I just said that I don’t want it to become like COD after reading some posts of guys who wanted Torn Banner to introduce a COD like system. Awful.

I like the game, but I don’t like improvements for the worse, or at least people who want stuff like that.

• @Da:

If you wanted to express that I compared the game to COD, then you are wrong. I just said that I don’t want it to become like COD after reading some posts of guys who wanted Torn Banner to introduce a COD like system. Awful.

I like the game, but I don’t like improvements for the worse, or at least people who want stuff like that.

That’s some misplaced fear. Like this game is ever going to be any less than awesome. 8-)