Launch Issues

• I bought Chivalry yesterday morning off of Steam. It downloaded fine, no hiccups, and when I went to hit play it asked for permission to modify my computer. I hit “allow” and after that nothing happened. I waited a good 15 minutes and it didn’t launch.

I even contacted Steam, and they havent gotten back to me.

I started looking up different ways to fix this and found your FAQ’s. I noticed people were having the same problem. Even when I went into the actual Chivalry folder on my harddrive it said I was missing an “XINPUT1_3.dll”. I saw that one solution could be updating your DirectX through Microsoft. I tried that and it got rid of the XINPUT1_3 problem and the next time I tried to launch through the folder it said I was missing a different one, “MSVRC100.dll”.

I’m not entirely new when it comes to messing around with files on my computer, but I still get a little confused.

Please help, I’d very much appreciate it.

• @Pineapple:

I bought Chivalry yesterday morning off of Steam. It downloaded fine, no hiccups, and when I went to hit play it asked for permission to modify my computer. I hit “allow” and after that nothing happened. I waited a good 15 minutes and it didn’t launch.

I even contacted Steam, and they havent gotten back to me.

I started looking up different ways to fix this and found your FAQ’s. I noticed people were having the same problem. Even when I went into the actual Chivalry folder on my harddrive it said I was missing an “XINPUT1_3.dll”. I saw that one solution could be updating your DirectX through Microsoft. I tried that and it got rid of the XINPUT1_3 problem and the next time I tried to launch through the folder it said I was missing a different one, “MSVRC100.dll”.

I’m not entirely new when it comes to messing around with files on my computer, but I still get a little confused.

Please help, I’d very much appreciate it.

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and run the two vcredist executables.