Suggestion for future TO maps

• Burning objectives is always fun, but id like to see more “layers” in the process of burning something down.

Lets say the objective is to burn down food storage building. But it doesnt burn down by simple throwing a couple of torches on it, instead it requires to reach a certain treshhold of spots on fire before burning down.

The defenders could use water buckets to dose down the flames, maybe add npc filthy peasants that would do it for them, until killed.

The attackers could use good ol torches, as well as other class specific ways to inflict flames, like fire arrows, fire granades and whatnot.

• @Skvid:

Burning objectives is always fun, but id like to see more “layers” in the process of burning something down.

Lets say the objective is to burn down food storage building. But it doesnt burn down by simple throwing a couple of torches on it, instead it requires to reach a certain treshhold of spots on fire before burning down.

The defenders could use water buckets to dose down the flames, maybe add npc filthy peasants that would do it for them, until killed.

The attackers could use good ol torches, as well as other class specific ways to inflict flames, like fire arrows, fire granades and whatnot.

Hmm, then I would have a reasonable justification for killing them, other than to vent latent frustration that sounds like a cool idea. 8-)

• I think the burning stuff mechanic is involved enough tbh, it adds ‘something else’ which requires some tactics, but doesn’t distract too much from the act of killing! I can handle throwing some torches, but I’ll be buggered if I’m gonna waste my time running back and forth with buckets! ;)

That said, flaming arrows for archers… that I like!