[SOLVED] UDK.exe stopped working, cannot launch application

• Hey guys so i just recently reinstalled OS and updated all my drivers and being the lazy guy that I am I had a backup of steam ready with all my games already downloaded and ready to play. My dilemma is after having reinstalled all my drivers, Chivalry and checking for any of the other fixes on this forum i still cannot get my game to run. Tried verifying resources in the properties manager of chivalry in steam and no dice. So basically i’m stuck, I attached a copy of my DXDiag for further diagnosing.

• @Syntha:

Hey guys so i just recently reinstalled OS and updated all my drivers and being the lazy guy that I am I had a backup of steam ready with all my games already downloaded and ready to play. My dilemma is after having reinstalled all my drivers, Chivalry and checking for any of the other fixes on this forum i still cannot get my game to run. Tried verifying resources in the properties manager of chivalry in steam and no dice. So basically i’m stuck, I attached a copy of my DXDiag for further diagnosing.

You still have some more Windows updates to apply… you’re missing Service Pack 1. Update Windows (check one more time after you download updates because some updates require older updates to show up).

Then try running the two vcredist executables in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv. Then go into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe.

• Thanks for the quick reply ReMixx, seems like SP1 didn’t install a sec ago so I will get to it. Will update on the situation in a few after doing what you have suggested.

• @Syntha:

Thanks for the quick reply ReMixx, seems like SP1 didn’t install a sec ago so I will get to it. Will update on the situation in a few after doing what you have suggested.

Cool, let us know how it goes!

• OK so just made sure my computer is up to date with any and all driver issues including windows update. Ran the two vcredist and the DXsetup.exe and still have the issue here is an updated DXDiag for any further analysis

• @Syntha:

OK so just made sure my computer is up to date with any and all driver issues including windows update. Ran the two vcredist and the DXsetup.exe and still have the issue here is an updated DXDiag for any further analysis

Okay, next try this solution: viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6174

• Awesome that workaround fixed my issue, Thanks for the quick replys and the fix ReMixx.

See you on the battlefield!

• @Syntha:

Awesome that workaround fixed my issue, Thanks for the quick replys and the fix ReMixx.

See you on the battlefield!

YAY! I’m glad that it worked for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1: