More precise button registration

• Hi there, Ive been playing Chivalry for a while now & Theres 1 thing that really bothers me.
    If I click 3/4 times when swinging at someone (Something I do alot when I wanna start a match with a swing) it swings the first time but also swings ANOTHER time.
    Its almost like if my clicks had a “Lasting period” were they are still being queued…

Personally I hate that, Its been numerous times that I start a fight & When the first swing finishes I want to block or whatever but NO, Another swings passes by WITHOUT me clicking anything, Its just that once of the earlier clicks “kept going” so to speak.

I hope you guys can understand what I mean with this, Its really annoying because a swing takes ~1 sec & Alot changes in that time. Maybe I dont wanna swing again, but according to the game I do :\

• Why are you clicking more than once for your initial swing? Seems pretty obvious to fix your problem you only need to click once.

Be more precise and spam less.

• I experience this as well, but it seems like nobody else I’ve talked to about it has. I make certain to only click once but sometimes it’ll randomly attack twice - either after the recovery or even just after a feint. It never goes into a combo - it just queues up another attack, and I’m certain it’s not from clicking twice (if it were, logically it would combo). I thought maybe something was messed up with my mouse, but now I can finally confirm it’s not just an issue I’ve experienced.

• @SlyGoat:

I experience this as well, but it seems like nobody else I’ve talked to about it has. I make certain to only click once but sometimes it’ll randomly attack twice - either after the recovery or even just after a feint. It never goes into a combo - it just queues up another attack, and I’m certain it’s not from clicking twice (if it were, logically it would combo). I thought maybe something was messed up with my mouse, but now I can finally confirm it’s not just an issue I’ve experienced.

I have experienced this on occasion, though I usually assume I must have clicked twice, and just feint to cancel.

• It really drives me mad.
    It’s 100% not my new X7 mouse issue.

I click twice sometimes because one click is not enough to be sure that my character will strike (after parry for example)… but then he strikes twice (HATE THIS).
    Sorry guys (developers), but I blame you every time that happens. There should be shorter time periods for second strike registrarion.
    Frequently I do 3 strike combo instead of 2. I simply stop clicking when the weapon is in action… not when it starts atack because it is nearly impossible to catch this moment in 1 person view when you use combo with some weapons (nearly entire weapon leaves the screen).
    I can do my best and become supertimed fighter with no need for visualisation (only timing)… but why should I…
    Every knight knew if he started new attack or not yet… And I want to be aware of that I am doing an attack still being able to stop clicking without implementing another attack.

At the moment I have to choose (in some cases):
    1)Be not sure that I’m going to make an attack
    or
    2)Be sure I’m doing two attacks in a row

• Yes, this is sometimes very unpredictable. It bothers me alot that my character just doesn’t stop swinging when I want him to do nothing. Same for parries actually. This should be repaired.

• I had the same problem when I started playing and thought it was annoying. But it never happens anymore, guess I just got better at the game

• Ive also noticed another problem linked to this.
    I click alot when I want to do the normal swing simply because I dont see the weapon moving, I stop clicking once I see the prepared swing. But by that time, The game registered a 2nd swing most of the time.

Well, Anyways… I noticed that when Im in a fight & I want to feint, It doesnt work 80% of the time.
    Outside of a fight though (When clicking only once for attack & Then feint), Works 100% of the time. Im guessing this is because the game already registered that “2nd swing” so it doesnt let me feint the 1st.

Its really annoying because I really cant control my character as smoothly as I would like to. Ive also noticed it with blocking, And even worse: Sometimes I swing & Then want to block… I swing the first time then quickly press the block button & What happens? My characters SWINGS AGAIN & Then blocks.
    Thats a big gap between that 1st intended swing, 2nd not-intended swing & then a last not-intended block (It was supposed to be 2nd, I dont need it 3rd)

Worst part about when this happens is that youre dead. You blocked AFTER the guy’s attack so you cant recover from it before youre attacked again. You get completely out of sync with the enemy & It results in your death. Its just suicide basically.