Gamemode Idea: Slay the Goliath

• This gamemode is based off of the myths of Medieval Giants, or soldiers who had uncontrollable growth disorders and were put to use as heavily armed war machines. I saw a whole bunch of accounts of this happening in our history all around the world like India, Western Europe, Arabia, etc. Sadly i could not find the information again after 6 years…damn. Hell, what kind of person would pass up on having a giant soldier in their military force?

This game mode will act like slay the king except the will be replaced with an armored giant (Aka a Heavy Knight with a gigantism growth disorder armed with a 2 handed weapon, like a maul or axe)

Mason Order: The Goliath
    http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa4 … ited-1.png
    Agathian Knights: The Juggernaut

*The Giant’s body size would be 1 2/3 larger than a normal foot soldier. They’d have a huge amount of health and armor at the cost of slow movement and slow but lethal attacks.

*Attacks would be slow, but if making contact with an enemy, will cause alot of damage and possibly high knockback. If the giant hits an enemy with a bashing attack/kick, it would cause the enemy to ragdoll backwards. Alot like a knockdown, the enemy would have to recover and get back up (Automatically) if they survived.

*The character models could be the old heavy knight models from the Age of Chivalry
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-chival … vil-knight
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/age-of-chival … ood-knight

*The Giants would take 55% damage from projectile based weapons unless hit directly on the head(Goliath vs David anyone?). This is to keep the players more active in the melee classes than spamming ranged classes.

*The Giant’s attack require more stamina than normal, sprinting is slower than normal.

~~*The Giant possibly can use a large box shield for protection, but i think this would make the mode way too imbalanced.~~Nevermind

*When the giant is at low health, it can go into a brief berserker rage. Sprinting will become a body bashing charge, push enemies away with relatively low damage, attacks would be slightly faster, movement would stay the same. Every time he would attack, he’d give out a loud grunt or shout of anger and breathe aggressively while passive. This would be only applicable if the giants health was at 40%-25%. Any lower and the giant will be reverted back to normal.

*The Giant’s would have their team banner on their back to make it easier for friends and foes to identify them.

*The Giant would not be able to lone-wolf (too slow to give chase against any other class), since almost every heavy class in almost every game always needs support to be fully utilized.

*There would be a certain amount of Giant respawns, say 3-4 tickets per team. A player who played as a giant dies, another player is randomly selected on the team to become the giant. Only 1 giant can be deployed per team.

Modes: Goliath mode only applicable to large open/high ceiling maps.

Goliath vs David: A selected team (Agathian or Mason) would be pitted against a singleBuffed-Goliath player. This could be an arena game mode.

Team Deathmatch: Defeat the enemy Giant or reduce their tickets to zero to win.

Objective Mode: Defend the Giants until they complete objectives that only Giants can accomplish (Move this boulder out of the way, Destroy this Barricade, Lift this Gate, etc)

• This could use a mixture of footsoldier objectives and giant objectives. (Example) Footsoldiers burn spiked barricades to let the giant through, the giant destroys the metal gate with his maul, etc.

Shits and Giggles

Mutator Mode - Simply, the more damage you do, the more damage you dish out. The down side is that your body grows larger or smaller from the damage you dish out/recieve. The most skilled players would be the largest player modeled footsoldiers as the least skilled would be normal sized. The damage-growth script would restrict the bodies size to a certain extent, say the player model is restricted to 8 foot maximum height.

-This would only apply to melee based classes.

-The larger you get, the easier the target you are for both two handed and ranged classes.

All of this is just an idea, i’m not declaring that this should be added officially

• My dream is to be a maul-weilding goliath. Thank you! :berz:

• I’m torn between either allowing a goliath have a tower shield or not. My conscious in the back of my head is saying “OVERPOWERED BRO! OP TO THE EXTREME!”

Anyone else think otherwise?

• Great idea. And it fits in with the mythology of Great Britain. It is said that London was founded by Brutus the Trojan, the son or grandson of a survivor of Troy. After many adventures he lands in England, which was then ruled by giants. He kills the two giants, Gog and Magog and founds New Troy or “Troia Nova” which over time was corrupted to “Trinovantum”, the original name for London.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutus_of_Troy

• I could have sworn i saw a historical dig in India or North Africa finding huge chest armors and helmets that’d fit a man with gigantism. It’s lying somewhere in the internet. I’ll keep looking.

I thought about the goliath thing a little more and thought of how crazy it would be to see a huge warrior sprinting into a group formation of soldiers, brandishing his maul and roaring with a couple allies behind him sprinting past him screaming out battlecries and such.

• I just can’t shake out of my head the picture of two giants pited against one another while both armies on opposite sides cheers and gamble the results.

Anyway, I think that’s an absolutely great idea. Maybe you should considering scratching the David x Goliath mode, that might get some people upsed, I think. But deathmatch and team objective seems VERY fun to play. Also, maybe you should include a mode where more people has the chance to play as the giant, maybe a mode when the giant die, another randomly chosen player gets the role… Something like that.

• That actually sounds like a pretty good idea, thanks for the feedback. I’ll edit the OP in a bit.

• I think its a good idea, but the giant shouldnt have that much armor as the screens you have provided, that would look more like players are gnomes instead of they being giants.

Instead i think they should have little armor, make it look as if the giant was that big that they just couldnt make him a better armor lol

• Since this game is based off of European Medieval Warfare, i’m thinking a healthy average sized footsoldier would during that time would be about 6ft (182cm) to 6ft 4in (195cm). A healthy giant would be about 2/3rds bigger than the average footsoldier. Making him possibly 6ft 9in to 7ft 2in.

In India, they equipped their larger soldiers who had trouble being fitted with normal armor with segmented armors, like the Chivalry’s Man At Arms leather scale armor. I was thinking of giving the Juggernaut (Agatha) a full set of plate armor and giving the Goliath (Mason) a segmented scale tunic with lots of chainmail and bits of metal plate

• I’m pretty sure that most soldiers wouldn’t have been six foot tall, Cheesus. Being six feet tall isn’t guaranteed even in the modern era, and remember that humans have been getting taller and taller over the course of history (if I remember correctly, due to natural selection and having more food to eat as time has gone on).

That said, the idea for the armor of the two giants sounds pretty cool. They need to really stand out on the battlefield, so that their mere presence can influence fights as they cause fear in the enemy and bring hope to their teammates.

• Finaly, my dream of becoming The Mountain That Rides can come true

• @Insurance:

I’m pretty sure that most soldiers wouldn’t have been six foot tall, Cheesus. Being six feet tall isn’t guaranteed even in the modern era, and remember that humans have been getting taller and taller over the course of history (if I remember correctly, due to natural selection and having more food to eat as time has gone on).

That said, the idea for the armor of the two giants sounds pretty cool. They need to really stand out on the battlefield, so that their mere presence can influence fights as they cause fear in the enemy and bring hope to their teammates.

As im talking about the healthy athletic ones, which were very few during those times. My apologies that i didn’t put that in detail enough :( The average height of an average man in those times was 5’4-5’9. And seeing as this is a game, i’d imagine the devs would depict the footsoldiers as the healthiest and so on.

That said, I am contemplating on whether the giants should have their team banner strapped to their backs? Anyone think otherwise? Because im a bit torn between “Banner for friendlies to identify team giants better” and "The banner being a huge sign saying ‘Hey archers! Shoot at me!’ "

• That sounds pretty fun.

Yea, I’d like to see that… But I can see a lot of archers on the team that doesn’t has the tank…

• Yeah that gamemode would be awesome

Tried goliath size, worked fine, managed to kill some masons. The ragdoll was huge too and the others could still interact with it

• Lol that’s huge!! I was thinking a 7-8 foot tall warrior, not a gigantic behemoth. Lol, but that could work.

• @Cheesus:

This gamemode is based off of the myths of Medieval Giants, or soldiers who had uncontrollable growth disorders and were put to use as heavily armed war machines…

Just no.

• Sounds hilarious actually :D

• And why not add a gamemode, as in a mutator, but unlike BigHead mode, our character grows in size.

The more our character grows, the more damage it would do… But the slower they would be, and the easier they would be to hit…

On the other hand, the more we die, the smaller we get… and the smaller we get, the faster we are and move, and the harder we are to hit… But the less damage we would deal.

• @Poodleinacan:

And why not add a gamemode, as in a mutator, but unlike BigHead mode, our character grows in size.

The more our character grows, the more damage it would do… But the slower they would be, and the easier they would be to hit…

On the other hand, the more we die, the smaller we get… and the smaller we get, the faster we are and move, and the harder we are to hit… But the less damage we would deal.

Now that sounds hilariously fun! The most skilled players would be the giant mini bosses of the server lol. Yeah, i should add that to the OP. Thanks