Damage On Hit Reduction

• Pretty simple concept. Upon hitting anyone, friend or foe with a swing, any damage applied to the next target hit during the same swing is reduced 25% and is further reduced 25% per target hit until a base damage of 25% total damage is left.

For example, this all takes place during ONE regular horizontal swing. The first target hit during the swing will receive 100% of the damage, the next target hit during that same swing will only receive 75% damage, the next target hit during the swing will receive 50% and that last target hit and any target from then on will only receive 25% normal damage.

Damage reduction only occurs during one swing. It is not applied to combos wherein each combo hit is reduced in damage, no that’s not what I am saying.

This is to take into account that the amount of force left in a swing after hitting even 1 person should hardly be enough to damage anyone severely in the weapons path. Especially 1 handed weapons being able to take out groups of people, which is silly. But this will affect all weapons equally.

• It is already incredibly difficult to fight multiple people due to flinch from one person cancelling every attack you try to throw out at someone else; this will only serve to make that harder.

• @Martin:

It is already incredibly difficult to fight multiple people due to flinch from one person cancelling every attack you try to throw out at someone else; this will only serve to make that harder.

I don’t agree at all. If you get flinched on every attempted hit, you’re going to die anyways most likely due to insufficient skill. This system encourages accurate hits in larger battles. Not to mention it’d add a nice bit of realism.

Can you elaborate further on how you think it’d make a battle harder?

• I don’t think we need this one, combat versus multiple opponents is hard enough as is, absolutely no need to nerf the poor lone guy.

What’s your reason to propose this change? If it’s just realism (and I don’t think there is anything else) no thanks. This would harm gameplay for the sake of realism, so…no.

• Yeah, basically thats not viable.

Even skilled players cant do much when they are surrounded by 3 guys, its so probable that the first one will block his attack, leaving him defenseless for the other 2 guys, even if he gets to hit all 3, they are still 3 swords against 1, he will get raped if he doesnt retreat.

BUT, if someone of the 3 has low health, you could swing and kill him and have a slightly chance of getting out of that alive, so making the swing less efective only would benefit to players who go gangbang lone players lol

Basically, i dont like this idea, sorry.