*PLEASE* enable a PEER TO PEER server option!

• Yes, I am new. Moving along.

My friends and I were trying to figure out today why the “Create Game” option does not start a server that shows up in the server list. We figured out that the servers are all dedicated, and that “Create Game” is just for singleplayer.

Getting pretty sick of how almost all games now do not even have an OPTION for PEER TO PEER servers, as opposed to spending money on a game we have already spent money on in order to play instead of jumping around on a variety of servers.

PLEASE enable a PEER TO PEER server option! Add an extra tab to the server list. Create a filter option. I don’t care. PLEASE enable it.

This was a deal-breaker for my friends. We basically have to luck out in order to be able to play together. This isn’t the only game we play, and we don’t have money to go around spending on dedicated servers. We have already bought this game.

This is one of the things that I miss about the original Chivalry.

• @Fumbles:

Getting pretty sick of how almost all games now do not even have an OPTION for PEER TO PEER servers, as opposed to spending money on a game we have already spent money on in order to play instead of jumping around on a variety of servers.

Post of my life right here. 8-)

Going to go vent latent frustration at game developers on bots.

• @Fumbles:

Yes, I am new. Moving along.

My friends and I were trying to figure out today why the “Create Game” option does not start a server that shows up in the server list. We figured out that the servers are all dedicated, and that “Create Game” is just for singleplayer.

PLEASE enable a PEER TO PEER server option! Add an extra tab to the server list. Create a filter option. I don’t care. PLEASE enable it.

This was a deal-breaker for my friends. We basically have to luck out in order to be able to play together. This isn’t the only game we play, and we don’t have money to go around spending on dedicated servers. We have already bought this game.

This is one of the things that I miss about the original Chivalry.

If all you want to do is play together, the steam join/invite to game feature puts you in ghe same server. That said i wouldn’t mind being able to LAN to duel friends and such.

• My friends and I would rather play with just each other, or at least have that OPTION, not ONLY with 62+ lagging griefers while 2 of our friends have to play in a different game because the servers are too full, have too high ping, or have a password on them, or they can’t get into a particular server, or the only decent servers don’t have what we are looking for, etc., etc., etc.

This is not a solution. We tried that, anyway. It’s far from perfect. It has been nothing but walls and really bad compromises thus far.

• Oh god, no P2P bullshit.

You say you’re having trouble playing with your friend, I think you’re not willing to spend 3 minutes to find a decent server you can stay on for hours and renjoin any day. I never have any problems getting a group of 4-5 people into a server to play around. Just join ahead, call out when someone leaves and let your friends join instantly in.
    One thing I’d suggest here would be the option to get into a queue system like BF3, CS, etc.

If you just want to play by yourself, join an empty server, that’s what Noxian and I used to do for the tutorial videos, it’s really no big deal. If you ask people politely they won’t interrupt. A little kindness goes a long way.

For the love of PC gaming, no P2P bullshit. I’m tired of it ever since the CoD series turned to shit with it and ended up with laggy lobbies and making the game unplayable, P2P will do just the same to such a ping sensitive game like Chivalry.

Not to mention any kind of lag compensation…

Just take your 3 minutes upfront, join a server, filtering those out you don’t want by the filtersettings and then join one. Remember the name, tell it your friends, call out when someone leaves and you’ve got your group rolling within less than 5 minutes. I am willing to spend 5 minutes upfront to have a quality gameplay time instead of instanious action with random lag spikes from P2P or even playing at a ping-wise disadvantage and so should anyone who enjoys PC gaming.

Best Regards,
    -Shara

• @Shara:

Oh god, no P2P bullshit.

You say you’re having trouble playing with your friend, I think you’re not willing to spend 3 minutes to find a decent server you can stay on for hours and renjoin any day. I never have any problems getting a group of 4-5 people into a server to play around. Just join ahead, call out when someone leaves and let your friends join instantly in.
    One thing I’d suggest here would be the option to get into a queue system like BF3, CS, etc.

If you just want to play by yourself, join an empty server, that’s what Noxian and I used to do for the tutorial videos, it’s really no big deal. If you ask people politely they won’t interrupt. A little kindness goes a long way.

For the love of PC gaming, no P2P bullshit. I’m tired of it ever since the CoD series turned to shit with it and ended up with laggy lobbies and making the game unplayable, P2P will do just the same to such a ping sensitive game like Chivalry.

Not to mention any kind of lag compensation…

Just take your 3 minutes upfront, join a server, filtering those out you don’t want by the filtersettings and then join one. Remember the name, tell it your friends, call out when someone leaves and you’ve got your group rolling within less than 5 minutes. I am willing to spend 5 minutes upfront to have a quality gameplay time instead of instanious action with random lag spikes from P2P or even playing at a ping-wise disadvantage and so should anyone who enjoys PC gaming.

Best Regards,
    -Shara

I guess you skimmed most of what has already been said.

I’ve tried all of this, and for longer than you have suggested, with multiple friends. There’s a lot of guesswork involved in trying to get the people I play with on the same server, including servers not emptying up, non-responsive empty servers, passworded servers, only being able to get into free-for-alls with some of my friends while the others have to wait or be in a different game, our server lists not showing the same servers, constant refreshing, the server list taking a bit to load for some people, the server lists sometimes not loading at all without a restart, crossing our fingers that the people we ask to show some consideration are not jerks, which they often are, and so on. On top of that, it’s finding a SATISFYING server which is truly difficult.

As I have said, this is not the only game we play. We are not about to get dedicated servers for each game that we play. Between us and the games we purchase, we’d rather not have to make monthly purchases that can end up costing more than some MMOs for a game we only plan on playing a few times or so in a week between the other games we play that DO have P2P capabilities, such as Killing Floor, which runs just fine, thank you very much. If we have to split money for a dedicated server, we’ll vouch instead to play a crappy, slightly less-buggy (yes, I realize the stand-alone Chivalry is pretty brand-spanking new, but on TOP of not having P2P is just really frustrating) Globe of Oldcraft: Kung-fu Freaking Pandaland, which we’d rather not do, because I draw the line at Kung-fu Freaking Pandaland, but you see my point, yes?

So, yes, please, P2P “bullshit”, as an !OPTION!, or did you miss that part? I am not saying do away with dedicated servers. I am not saying make Chivalry P2P only.

If you’re all okay going on wild goosehunts to play with the people you know, you go ahead and do that, you have that right, but for me and my friends, we only rely on dedicated when we feel like playing with a bunch of random people, which is fine and well sometimes, but most of the time, we like to play with a particular group of people, with a particular host, with particular maps, and with particular game types.

So, please, hop off with “P2P bullshit” attitude, okay? It’s disrespectful. I’m not trying to take away your right to play, or trying to get rid of dedicated servers.

I would rather Chivalry has somewhat laggy P2P than no P2P at all. At least then, measures can be taken to slowly improve it. It’s a freaking start.

I agree completely about queues, it has to be implemented in some way, for BOTH.

The reason I stopped playing the first COD: MW with my friend, back when we gave a crap about the franchise at all, was because we could not make our own game, so we constantly had to deal with hackers, griefers, crashers, horrible ping, game settings that were not up to us, and so on. So, in other words, COD:MW was ruined for us from the start.

The one among my friends that hosts actually has decent internet, so, we would not have a lagging problem.

Keep P2P and Dedicated SEPARATE, but have them BOTH as options. Add a tab and filter in the server list for P2P and DEDICATED servers.

Please and thank you!

• Your problems would be solved if you all put in $5-$10 each for a couple of months, if that’s too much maybe getting a job and not relying on pocket money would be a good idea.

How big is your group playing Chiv?

• I can’t believe you’re for real about this P2P crap.

Have you seen any successful competitive game using P2P? Me neither.
    Killing Floor is against bots, not players. Against players lag compensation and shit like that kicks in, making the game really unenjoyable.

Then rent a server, host them yourself or w/e but hell no to P2P crap.

CoD: MW1 was by far the most successful CoD post CoD 1 & 2. Find a well administraded server or host one yourself, rent a dedicated server and load all the hosting files you want on it, there you go. Since you said you want to play with your friends, lets assume you’re 6 people, renting a server costs about 20 USD. That would be 20 / 6. You’re telling me you couldn’t afford 3,33 USD for a quality gameplay time? You mentioned you played WoW which is 12 USD per month, that way you could rent 4 servers easily.

You’re not trying to take away the right to play, or getting rid of dedi’s. But it’s not what PC gaming stands for, PC gaming stands for quality gameplay, high performance and not some random crappy console P2P hosting. I can only imagine how bad this game would be if P2P would be enabled, making it terribad and causing trouble ping wise. What the host sees is what you get. It’s already bad enough with the high pingers on official servers, impossible to block.
    But allowing P2P will split the community just like paid DLCs do. Can’t let that happen to a “small” game like Chivalry, it didn’t work out in MW3 and it won’t work here.

I don’t know how far the dedicated server files are available for this game and to what extend, but you should be able to host a server yourself for a really low price, so don’t be that guy. If you’re still convinced about your P2P idea, go play Black Ops 2. It’s crappy as hell, lag compensation all over the place and that’s what would happen with P2P. It’s literally a 0.5 to 1 second delay, so the enemy has like a second more to carefully aim at you, before you can even see your target.
    Same applies to any other of the newer CoDs except BO1.

This console mentality needs to go.
    It has had too much impact on the quality of PC games ever since the big companies hopped on the money-wagon of consoles. Bad graphics, low customization, low details, fewer features, those were the predecessors of P2P before it was applied to PC games.
    The depth of gameplay has been limited ever since console-ports happened.

I am glad Chivalry has become a true PC quality type of game and hopefully will stay this way.

Best Regards,
    -Shara

• Totally agree with Shara, P2P is the worst someone could ask for to be implemented into this game(or any other pc game, the trouble of MW2 comes to mind :s ), even if it was an option, there are important things to be done by the devs.

• Let me get this straight;

You people are telling me that I have no right to P2P because it supposedly violates some unwritten ideal of PC gaming, even if it does not affect those who want to play Dedicated servers in any way, shape, or form whatsoever?

Are you for real? PC gaming ideal? That’s the kind of BS reason you’re all giving me? You think I give two craps about what YOUR ideals for PC gaming are?

No! AND HERE IS WHY:

PC gaming is also about CHOICES, me gaming fellows, or did you forget? Me and my friends want the CHOICE of P2P, and you guys can keep your Dedicated.

No idea how you think KF P2P sucks, we play just fine when my friend hosts. AGAIN, IF WE WANT TO LAG IN P2P, WITHOUT AFFECTING DEDICATED, THAT IS OUR PROBLEM, NOT YOURS. KEEP THE TWO SEPARATE, BUT HAVE THEM BOTH AS AN OPTION.

I swear, it’s like you people just see “P2P” and go “omg let’s give this guy a hard time because P2P is not for me and he’s taking away my right to game.” Get off your effing nonsense “PC idealism” BS, ok?

Pretty much all of my friends have jobs. In fact, a good deal of them work their asses off. I’m working on starting my own company. We have expenses other than gaming and don’t have much to save in the bank afterwards.

So don’t you dare try to insult us by saying we’re slackers or some shit like that.

Now, unless someone has something USEFUL to contribute, or at least something RESPECTFUL to contribute, don’t say anything. Anyone going “OMG not this P2P BS” or “THE IDEALS OF GAMING BLASPHEMY BLAH BLAH BLAH” will be outright ignored. I’ve been respectful to those that have disagreed with me when they haven’t acted like borderline trolls. It just doesn’t seem that way because most of you have simply not been that respectful.

• We don’t want the devs wasting time on stupid shit because you are a tight arse.

• @Lord:

We don’t want the devs wasting time on stupid shit because you are a tight arse.

Pretty sure I already said if you weren’t contributing something useful/respectful to the discussion even if it was in disagreement, don’t say anything. Try paying attention when you read.

There is a tonne of actually useless shit (no offence, people) that people have put forward, and I don’t see people complaining about those, but guess what, those people have a right to put those ideas forward, too. You might as well start going after all of those people. You can’t fucking lambast people just because you don’t share their opinion or even because it’s not what most of the people want.

Be appropriate or get the fuck off.

I am asking for a separate option. How many times have I fucking said that? I do not expect it right away. I don’t even expect it anywhere in the near future. I don’t expect it to be as “good” as dedicated. I would, however, like it reasonably considered, not with this fallacious “IDEALS OF PC GAMING OMG YOU’RE A NOOB FOR NOT WANTING DEDICATED ONLY” nonsense. Go fucking troll somewhere else, I’m not having it.

I have a right to ask for it without being lambasted. So does every other fucking person on the forums, so get bent, assholes, and don’t come back.

For the record, someone was complaining this community blows. I am inclined to agree. In this topic, I have had maybe 2 or 3 reasonable responses. Yes, some of those people disagreed with me. People in the fucking games are not much better.

If I wanted this fucking bullshit, I’d play COD. GUESS WHAT, I DON’T PLAY FUCKING COD.

The rest of you have just been freaking assholes. I didn’t come here for that.

• Flaming aside, I loved hosting games on my PC that players could join from all over. I used to host Hexen2, Quake2 and Aliens VS Predator2 Servers all the time on one computer and play it on another and still have friends play on my server. Some games, you could actually host and join it on the same computer. The servers would show up on the master list, no problem. The additional bonus would be that the Devs would sell another copy of the game.

I am not sure why you cannot host a server at home and have your friends join via IP address. You would have to open up the right ports on your router and possibly your PC.

• @Retsnom:

Flaming aside, I loved hosting games on my PC that players could join from all over. I used to host Hexen2, Quake2 and Aliens VS Predator2 Servers all the time on one computer and play it on another and still have friends play on my server. Some games, you could actually host and join it on the same computer. The servers would show up on the master list, no problem. The additional bonus would be that the Devs would sell another copy of the game.

I am not sure why you cannot host a server at home and have your friends join via IP address. You would have to open up the right ports on your router and possibly your PC.

A reasonable response with valid points.

Thanks for not being a douchefag.

I know that with some P2P games you don’t have to do much Port stuff at all, if any, but this is a valid point. I don’t know enough about this. I think it depends on a variety of factors.

• Can’t believe all these answers. The guy just wants to play alone with his friends, which is a perfectly legitimate request. I too wanted to do it when my friends and my brother bought it, so I could teach them one thing or too, and I felt it was kind of dropping the ball not to have this simple feature.

With this attitude, I hope you guys won’t at least get the nerve to complain if one day you get votekicked from a server that a bunch of friends joined when it was 0/32 to play only with each other.

• @The:

Can’t believe all these answers. The guy just wants to play alone with his friends, which is a perfectly legitimate request. I too wanted to do it when my friends and my brother bought it, so I could teach them one thing or too, and I felt it was kind of dropping the ball not to have this simple feature.

With this attitude, I hope you guys won’t at least get the nerve to complain if one day you get votekicked from a server that a bunch of friends joined when it was 0/32 to play only with each other.

Thanks for being reasonable.

The situation you just described has actually happened, just with different numbers.

It’s much harder to teach your friends the basics with 20+ other people, the tutorial only helps so much.

• either join one of many empty servers or go play on tunngle

peer to peer is absolute trash

• @kwazi:

either join one of many empty servers or go play on tunngle

peer to peer is absolute trash

Seriously, if you are not going to read through the comments, go away. “Many empty servers” = bullshit.

From what I know of it, Tunngle is apparently shit.

• @Fumbles:

even if it was in disagreement, don’t say anything.

That’s not how the internet works.

A 10 player server from Multiplay is $15.70 AU, my lunch cost more than that today.
    You want the devs to stop working on what they are doing.
    How old are you?

• You’re clearly trolling. I actually said don’t disagree if you can’t do it respectfrully. Way to misquote me.

I have also said that I don’t care if the P2P is done in the late future, I at least want it taken into consideration. Way to put words in my mouth.

My age is not relevant. I’m not in fucking highschool, if that’s what you’re suggesting.

Get the fuck off, you troll.