[SOLVED] (Steam) Not Installing Correctly(?)

• I have bought Chivalry: Medieval Warfare on steam. When I downloaded and launched the game, there was no “First Time Installation” routine. It just loaded up the game without any install. Perhaps as a result, I cannot get into any multiplayer game as I am left with a “Please wait while the game loads screen” that does not go any further.

After browsing the supports forum, I have come across running “UE3Redist.exe” in the
    \steam\…chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\Redist\ directory as a possible solution.
    This file does not exist. The Redist directory only holds DirectX setup files (DXRedistCutdown folder) and an AMD cpu folder (AMD) that does not apply to me.

I have already downloaded the game 3 times from steam and verified cache on all occasions, it is always the same. My drivers are up-to-date.

Any suggestions on this matter?

• The UE3Redist.exe was removed in the latest patch. Instead, run the two vcredist executables in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv and also run the DXSETUP.exe in the DXRedistCutdown. That should do it.

• The same thing’s happening for me too. I run the game via Steam, the first time installation pops up for 2 seconds, does nothing, the game banner loads, a window for it opens, and then it stops responding. I’ve tried the DXSETUP trick twice now, restarting Windows each time, with absolutely no result. I’d guess it’s because I’m running Parallels on a Mac, but no other Steam game has had a problem with it like this.

• @Total-Tortilla:

The same thing’s happening for me too. I run the game via Steam, the first time installation pops up for 2 seconds, does nothing, the game banner loads, a window for it opens, and then it stops responding. I’ve tried the DXSETUP trick twice now, restarting Windows each time, with absolutely no result. I’d guess it’s because I’m running Parallels on a Mac, but no other Steam game has had a problem with it like this.

Did you run the two vcredist executables?

• Yes I did. Then I ran DXSETUP and restarted my Virtual Machine, but it had no effect.

• @Total-Tortilla:

Yes I did. Then I ran DXSETUP and restarted my Virtual Machine, but it had no effect.

Please attach a DxDiag.txt and a Launch.log if it exists.

• @ReMixx:

@Total-Tortilla:

Yes I did. Then I ran DXSETUP and restarted my Virtual Machine, but it had no effect.

Uh… Neither exists.

EDIT: After a quick look, it might have something to do with the fact that I only have 1 GB of RAM running for Parallels. I’ve sent for an upgrade from 4 to 8 which should be here within a week. Then I can give it a more realistic amount of RAM to go on. Hopefully that fixes something.

• All right. I’ve run the two vcredist executables and the DXSetup. Nothings changed. If I wait long enough with the “please wait while the game loads” message, I get a “connection timeout” message. I’ve attached the Launch.log and DxDiag below.
    [attachment=1:mbt43nrz]Launch.log[/attachment:mbt43nrz]
    [attachment=0:mbt43nrz]DxDiag.txt[/attachment:mbt43nrz]

• @Total-Tortilla:

@ReMixx:

@Total-Tortilla:

Uh… Neither exists.

EDIT: After a quick look, it might have something to do with the fact that I only have 1 GB of RAM running for Parallels. I’ve sent for an upgrade from 4 to 8 which should be here within a week. Then I can give it a more realistic amount of RAM to go on. Hopefully that fixes something.

Processor: Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 GHz) or AMD equivalent, or better
    Memory: At least 2GB
    Hard Disk Space: 3 GB
    Video Card: ATI Radeon 3870 of higher, Nvidia Geforce 8800 GT or higher
    Graphics card memory: 512MB+
    Sound: Windows compatible sound card

Sounds like a very educated guess to me 8-)

@AddictivePanda:

All right. I’ve run the two vcredist executables and the DXSetup. Nothings changed. If I wait long enough with the “please wait while the game loads” message, I get a “connection timeout” message. I’ve attached the Launch.log and DxDiag below.

Your Intel HD 4000 graphics drivers could be updated… but that’s irrelevant here because of the AMD GPU. Can you play single player/tutorial okay?

• @ReMixx:

@AddictivePanda:

All right. I’ve run the two vcredist executables and the DXSetup. Nothings changed. If I wait long enough with the “please wait while the game loads” message, I get a “connection timeout” message. I’ve attached the Launch.log and DxDiag below.

Your Intel HD 4000 graphics drivers could be updated… but that’s irrelevant here because of the AMD GPU. Can you play single player/tutorial okay?

Single Player and Tutorial are perfect. No problems whatsoever. No lag, no weird textures, bugs or anything of the sort. Just connecting to servers with the waiting message is the problem :(

• What kind of router (and/or modem with routing capabilities) do you have? You might need some ports open…

• Alright I’ve had to be a bit naughty about it but it works now.

It’s definitely network related. What I have done is use my 3G mobile network to circumvent my own network and that works fine. I can hop server to server with no problems at all. Not sure what I have to do to my own network for this to work though.

• @AddictivePanda:

Alright I’ve had to be a bit naughty about it but it works now.

It’s definitely network related. What I have done is use my 3G mobile network to circumvent my own network and that works fine. I can hop server to server with no problems at all. Not sure what I have to do to my own network for this to work though.

I won’t tell ;)

Chances are that your router or modem is blocking it or if you have a software firewall that only works with the ethernet/wifi connection and not the 3G… I don’t know :)