ok next then…

15/24 i click join… real players on the server 0/24

ok next then…

30/32 i click join… real players on the server 1/32

RAGE ok ok… next one…

8/16 i click join… real players on the server 0/16

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! still i search for one more server

19/24 i click join… real players on the server 2/24 ! facepalm

after that i turn off the game becose it is too much frustrating!

DO SOMETHING WITH THAT DEVS!!!

• Yeah, tbh it’s a bit of a joke. The server filter still doesn’t work properly and I’m getting pretty tired of it. I’m finding it harder to join games now than before the patch.

And correct me if I’m wrong but there doesn’t seem to be an action/ok button when trying to filter servers, or put in a server name etc and nothing seems to happen.

This really needs to be sorted out.

Edit - Tried joining my fifth server and apparently they’re all empty, but not according to the server browser which has been refreshed lots of times. I give up.

• i agree, the server browser is a complete joke. A lot of time i spend just by searching for a server. Dear Tornbanner studio, I love the game but the browser needs to be reworked AGAIN!

• dont really have the problem like you guys have.
    Simply right click on the server and click on server info. There you will see the correct playerlist with activity. People with many hours on the server are not there but people who just joined in are.

• @funthomass:

i agree, the server browser is a complete joke. A lot of time i spend just by searching for a server. Dear Tornbanner studio, I love the game but the browser needs to be reworked AGAIN!

The server browser just reports the number of players that the server passes along to it, and is working correctly. It’s a problem with the server code itself. Players that have disconnected are still listed as connected when the server browser asks for the player list.

Either way, yes, Torn Banner needs to fix this ASAP. This bug, as well as the incorrect shield bug, were listed as fixed in the last patch notes but then weren’t actually fixed. This is very frustrating.

Edit: sirmike’s tip sounds like a very helpful workaround.

• @sirmike:

dont really have the problem like you guys have.
    Simply right click on the server and click on server info. There you will see the correct playerlist with activity. People with many hours on the server are not there but people who just joined in are.

thanks for tip :] this way be much easier to find some server

EDIT:
    I checked just now and it shows bad number of players too :/

• @Rognik:

Players that have disconnected are still listed as connected when the server browser asks for the player list.

Really? I thought that was because they didn’t have an anti-idle kick feature.

Though, looking back, I doubt someone would leave the game up for 86 hours…

But yes, this really needs to be fixed. Almost every single server I join has almost nobody in it despite it being listed as full/near full.

• This really needs a hotfix…

• Yeah the player count is annoying sure, but really nothing compared to the server list rarely refreshing worth a damn. It randomly works when it wants to, usually doesn’t. Sometimes it only refreshes a couple dozen or something. Worse server browser performance than before. if they’re going to ‘fix’ stuff, please actually verify that is fixed, and not fucking it up further. I really don’t see how this major problem wasn’t noticed and averted…I’d rather have the old ugly server browser that worked instead of something that looks nice but doesn’t work.
    Then again I wish ASE didn’t get screwed over so we can forget about devs doing all their own little goofy things with in-game browsers.

• Simply right click on the server and click on server info. There you will see the correct playerlist with activity.

This doesn’t work either. I’ve tried joining based on what I see when I look at the server info when you right click…I’ll join the server and see no one there even though the list was full a second ago.

the real danager is servers showing up full that don’t even have half the players in it. Which means it’s almost impossble to get a server going since you average person wont try to join a server that says it’s full.

• It doesnt work and right now it shows nothing, so even tho (probably) all the servers are running, you cant connect to them.

There should always be a list of servers. If it wants to update those, then fine, but a blank screen is unacceptable when there are active servers.

• Oh and if no one’s mentioned it: The ‘friend’ tab doesn’t show any servers your Steam friends are connected to like it’s supposed to.

• if it’s anything that fucks this game up the most, it’s the server browser issues. many beginners/casual players, unlike a lot of us fanboys, will give up and move on to something else when they keep seeing they enter servers that are empty or can’t even get a list. ACCESS to the gameplay should be fixed ASAFP, #1 priority! RO2 doesn’t screw up anywhere near as much and it’s a UT engine, steam game…and we don’t want to see player numbers for Chivalry dwindle to where RO2 is at now only a year later.

• This issue causes joining on a friend in steam impossible too. It tells the person trying to join that the server is full even though it isn’t. I play with 3-4 of my friends and we have to find a server, tell everyone the name so people can join on it. If you are already in a server, their is no way to find out what the name of the server is if someone wants to play with you, so you have to leave and find a different one. Was the biggest issue before the last patch, and is still the biggest issue now.