Game isn't crashing but constantly minimizing.

• I’ve searched throughly through the internet and forums for a fix to this and tried many different things. I run windows 7 and have had no issues with performance other than the fact that it keeps minimizing and making it unable to play smoothly. The game does NOT crash so don’t ask if it does. It just minimizes making it impossible to play.

Any help???

• Can you maximize it again and resume play?

• yes I can although about a minute later it will do the same thing again. It’s highly annoying and usually results in my death.

• @Jafu:

yes I can although about a minute later it will do the same thing again. It’s highly annoying and usually results in my death.

That usually happens when some background program is stealing the focus away from the game… Anything funky running in the background?

Edit:
    If you run it in windowed vs fullscreen mode, is there a difference?

• @ReMixx:

@Jafu:

yes I can although about a minute later it will do the same thing again. It’s highly annoying and usually results in my death.

That usually happens when some background program is stealing the focus away from the game… Anything funky running in the background?

Edit:
    If you run it in windowed vs fullscreen mode, is there a difference?

I’ve tried having absolutely nothing running in the background aswell. No difference. It seems to also only be this game aswell, none of my other games on steam are having this problem.

Also, if I run it in Windowed mode the only difference is that it doesn’t completely minimize it but still loses focus on the game iteself. And I have to click on it again in order to keep playing.

Edit: Cheers for the quick responses

• @Jafu:

I’ve tried having absolutely nothing running in the background aswell. No difference. It seems to also only be this game aswell, none of my other games on steam are having this problem.

Also, if I run it in Windowed mode the only difference is that it doesn’t completely minimize it but still loses focus on the game iteself. And I have to click on it again in order to keep playing.

Edit: Cheers for the quick responses

Any virus scanner? Could you post a screenshot or list of the processes running from Task Manager? Do any other games exhibit this behavior?

• The same thing is happening to me, it’s been doing it ever since the last update was installed. At first I thought it was me hitting the windows key but I’m not. Driving me crazy.

• I also notice it happens when playing the vanguard every time I do that stupid hayyaa thing. Don’t ask me why but it does.

• @jaykulls:

I also notice it happens when playing the vanguard every time I do that stupid hayyaa thing. Don’t ask me why but it does.

Is that the only time that it happens?

• No, it happens at other times but always when in combat. It never does it, say, if I’m just running around.

• @jaykulls:

No, it happens at other times but always when in combat. It never does it, say, if I’m just running around.

Does any particular window always gain the focus when Chiv minimizes?

• No, the widow just closes. Then I have to wait for the mouse pointer to reappear, which can take up to ten seconds.

• Is this the official help forum. Not very helpfull. Game sucks don’t buy it.

• I have worked out what causes it and it is the game. If you move your mouse down as though you were going to click on the start button on your desktop while playing the game. It picks this up and minimises the screen. The problem was happening maybe once or twice a game. Now I can make it happen whenever everytime I move the mouse to far to the left and to the bottom.

• hmm interesting, I know some games have problems with things like this when in Windowed mode with more than one monitor, bit wierd if it still happens when in fullscreen though? :S

I run dual monitor setup and have never had this. I have heard reports from some other users though that the game doesn’t hold the mouse focus correctly.

As to the forum being unhelpful, sorry about that but this game is the first commercial project of a tiny indie team (only 2 of which are programmers, and are currently busy trying to meet a content / bugfix patch deadline for this month). Mods such as myself are simply volunteers helping out to try and keep the forum clean. Only games with huge publishers can have an official support hotline with paid support staff etc, Torn Banner aren’t part of anything like that. We’re hoping the developers will be around a bit more to help soon. :)

• @jaykulls:

I have worked out what causes it and it is the game. If you move your mouse down as though you were going to click on the start button on your desktop while playing the game. It picks this up and minimises the screen. The problem was happening maybe once or twice a game. Now I can make it happen whenever everytime I move the mouse to far to the left and to the bottom.

Do you run windows 8?

• Windows 7.

• Thanks Bob, I’ve had this problem for 2 months or so now and there is no way to fix it. If the game isn’t ready for sale don’t charge paying customers for it. I will accept a full refund though, I think that would be fare.

• Also the problem lies within the last update, so it can’t be rocket science to work it out.

• Do you have more than one monitor plugged in?