Remove/alter combo parry for 1handers

• The combo parry return, with the fast 1 handed weapons is currently broken

Ill quickly illustrate this:

Player 1 hits player 2. 2 parries with a 1 hander. Now, 1 has 2 things he can do here. He can either spam block (spamming block is the only way to defend against the ridiculous fast return, there is literally no time to judge before you are hit). However, player 2 can wait for the spam block, and attack after.

I’ve talked to members of the comp scene as well so its not just me, and we are starting to think there might need to be a slight change. Perhaps make it slightly faster than a regular attack, but at the moment it seems to be able to get under the blocks of many of the slower weapons and presents an impossible choice to the player now defending

• As far as I know, comboing off a parry is actually slower than making an attack from idle, because it uses combo windup time.

• You can’t block a follow up combo?

What if the guy feints his combo attack and stabs you while you mash block? You need more practice.

Actually are you talking about ripostes?

• With my 2 handed maul I have no problem with 1 handed users…You just need to be more careful with your attacks :) Most of the time you can dodge the short ranged 1h weapons and attack them while they are still swinging with yours!

• @MUSASHI:

You can’t block a follow up combo?

What if the guy feints his combo attack and stabs you while you mash block? You need more practice.

You can’t feint a parry-combo for whatever reason.

• @SlyGoat:

@MUSASHI:

You can’t block a follow up combo?

You can’t feint a parry-combo for whatever reason.

Is that not intended? I feel its a bad habit to “parry combo” recklessly.

• @SlyGoat:

As far as I know, comboing off a parry is actually slower than making an attack from idle, because it uses combo windup time.

This is a plain lie. Hatchet’s overhead combo time is 0.6 sec, but if you parry and do a combo right after, hatchet attacks and hits almost instantly. This happens with norse sword too.

• @boomandvibe:

@SlyGoat:

As far as I know, comboing off a parry is actually slower than making an attack from idle, because it uses combo windup time.

This is a plain lie. Hatchet’s overhead combo time is 0.6 sec, but if you parry and do a combo right after, hatchet attacks and hits almost instantly. This happens with norse sword too.

You can do that with 2h stabs…