Outnumbered (Greatsword Vanguard)

• Have been playing Chivalry for quite a while now so I decided to record some of it. I use advanced technique such as swing dragging for quick hits or slow hits and use 3rd person centered view, which is kind of uncommon from what i have seen on youtube. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kOmEDjitEs

• Impressive pal! Great killcount, never seen someone play with 3rd person at such a high level, but now i have. Well done.

• Thanks! When i started to check youtube videos, yours amongst others, it seemed that everyone is playing in 1st person. Coming from mount&blade i’m just unable to play in first person so 3rd is a must for me.

I think people playing in 1st person are missing out a lot. It’s like playing in 2d while the 3rd person is 3d. In 3rd person you can see up to where your weapon is reaching and it’s much easier to estimate the enemy’s reach, not to mention being able to aim the start of your swing and end of swing better. For example, if I’m fighting a man at arms with a greatsword and he’s coming at me, i combo first and the second hit that is left to right can connect in the bottom left part of my screen with the first foot of the blade, something that’s very hard to do in 1st person.

• @Yarnu:

Impressive pal! Great killcount, never seen someone play with 3rd person at such a high level, but now i have. Well done.

At the same time, he is mainly playing with distance control rather than blocking, which is the main problem with playing in third person in the first place.