You said the archer is like in real life?!! xD

• You are right its not enough like real life.

Fixes:
    -Knights plate armor gets 50% chance to deflect all arrows.
    -Vanguard chainmail has 75% chance to stop broadhead arrows and 25% chance to stop bodkin arrows.

• @Setsuna:

@johnk17:

they have never been on the battleground don’t you think?

Have you ever been on a medieval battleground?…I don’t think so!

hop!
    The first useless answer from kids xD
    And i said when i see in a movie :) so go to sleep litlle boy

That why i said never listen to them.
    john17 try to do a clever answer.

Bye

Stop this attitude because this proves that it is you who is a little boy.
    Oh…and read your own post better because in this sentence you talk nowhere about a movie.You claim other players have not been to a battleground(I can’t believe I have to explain what you wrote!).So,have you been on a battleground?(thinking of your intelligence level I must tell you that you don’t have to answer.)

You are free to cry now…

*By the way,I gave your post the response it deserves.Except the headshot thing,everything else is crying.

• wow!!! :o
    And can you talk about the game ? xD

• @Setsuna:

wow!!! :o
    And can you talk about the game ? xD

I told you it’s all crying and excuses,there is nothing wrong with archers.But the headshots should be one shot kill,indeed.

Do you want further analysis?

• @Setsuna:

You said the archer is like in real life?!! xD

1.Nobody ever said that.
    2. A knight could outrun an archer if he had a horse, which are not in the game, so let’s just keep the speed as it is.
    3. /thread.

• All your points have a solid standing, but don’t you think that in real life the archer would be this under-powered? You don’t see many archers running around in the battlefield, only staying back in groups raining steel fire down on the opponent (and friendlies :? ). If they see anybody rushing at them, they break formation and run away like ants trying to find their nest. Maybe the archers can have a speed boost, but that is all.

@Setsuna:

@johnk17:

hop!
    The first useless answer from kids xD
    And i said when i see in a movie :) so go to sleep litlle boy

That why i said never listen to them.
    john17 try to do a clever answer.

Bye

Stop this attitude because this proves that it is you who is a little boy.
    Oh…and read your own post better because in this sentence you talk nowhere about a movie.You claim other players have not been to a battleground(I can’t believe I have to explain what you wrote!).So,have you been on a battleground?(thinking of your intelligence level I must tell you that you don’t have to answer.)

You are free to cry now…

*By the way,I gave your post the response it deserves.Except the headshot thing,everything else is crying.

And we’re off again with another argument.
    pls kill me

• This post is horrendous, full of errors and is absolutely juvenile.

1. The archer is faster than a knight, there is a chase mechanic however.

The chase mechanic is that you aim at the enemy and within a certain distance it works, as long as you run toward an enemy and the white dot in the middle of your screen turns red you move faster. This is to make sure that people cannot always just run away, this mechanic is a blessing and is necessary.

Either face him, run earlier or run in a clever pattern.

2. I promise you, you can dodge by using superior movement, I can beat several knights alone in melee. As an archer in this game you have to learn how to use the weapons.

3. He got an arrow in the head, you should stab him now he is nervous and wounded, perfect prey.
    Remember that this is a game and a knight surviving that arrow is called “balance”.

4. My god this post is starting to look like cancer. Its called variety, and I love the last bow.

5. More cancer

6. Cancer

Though you did not use a wall of text, that is the only good thing here.

Ps: I main Archer and Vanguard.

• @Azuree:

This post is horrendous, full of errors and is absolutely juvenile.

1. The archer is faster than a knight, there is a chase mechanic however.

The chase mechanic is that you aim at the enemy and within a certain distance it works, as long as you run toward an enemy and the white dot in the middle of your screen turns red you move faster. This is to make sure that people cannot always just run away, this mechanic is a blessing and is necessary.

Either face him, run earlier or run in a clever pattern.

2. I promise you, you can dodge by using superior movement, I can beat several knights alone in melee. As an archer in this game you have to learn how to use the weapons.

3. He got an arrow in the head, you should stab him now he is nervous and wounded, perfect prey.
    Remember that this is a game and a knight surviving that arrow is called “balance”.

4. My god this post is starting to look like cancer. Its called variety, and I love the last bow.

5. More cancer

6. Cancer

Though you did not use a wall of text, that is the only good thing here.

Ps: I main Archer and Vanguard.

:lolz:

• I think we can all be a little more civil and on-topic in this thread, thanks.

Target the topic with your comments, not the person.

• Basically what azure said, the only real point you made there is that the archer should be faster than the knight, but then again it is indeed faster, there jsut is a chase system.

the rest, balance issues

so yeah, no point at all in this thread.

im sorry

• Full knight armors did weight about 50 Lb, in the late middle ages era…

But yea, it’s still heavier than a leather armor.

• I see a lot of harsh, personal and not on-topic posts in this thread. Isn’t there a lot of threads already discussing archers?

• What Azuree said. I think without the chase mechanics it would suck because archers would just fire and run away - it would ruin the gameplay.
    And you CAN beat a knight easily with an archer, especially because when people see an archer they’re greedy and just swing like madmen to get the kill. Be patient and very careful with your strikes and parry and you will prevail. Wound him with an arrow take out your sword, wait for him to strike, parry, stab, repeat, and kill.

There has to be a balance between realism and arcade, that’s what makes this game so enjoyable.

Plus you talk about realism and how it is not realistic for a knight to run that fast and then you say that, I quote : “5/And the time to take an arrow is really too long!!”. Well, let me tell you this, take a bow in real life - it is long to take an arrow out!

• @Setsuna:

hi!

I come to you just to tell the problems about the archer.
    1/ I really don t know why (and u ll tell me if you want!) the warrior with full plate armor and 2 hands sword or full plate armor with big shield and 1 hand armor run faster than the archer with a simple bow in WOOD :-o .

If you come (devs) or (any players) and you tell me “YES !!they can run faster than an archer” so come with a full armor and sword and i ll take a bow and we make a race xD. And if you finish the race before me, OMG it s maybe that i am missing a leg. So don 't say your game is like real life, it is just like your own rules.

2/ Just tell me why we can’t dodge like a knight ??!! we don t have legs again ? where is “the real” that you mention on other topics about the archer!

3/why the other players with an arrow in their head can still play like they have nothing ?!! yes they can run and again more faster than an archer with AN ARROW IN THEIR HEAD OMG I’VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE!
    when i see that in a movie " and i think a movie must be the reality for things like that (braveheart gladiator etc…) they die instantly or they fall on the floor.

4/About your bows:
    Your first bow is just more powerfull than the third because with the third bow a warrior needs 2-3 arrows to kill him just like the first bow 2-3 arrows to kill him again. why ?
    Even thow the third bow is 20 % more powerfull it is slower than the first and so what is the point?
    I think it s useless.
    And you have lowered the damages of the third bow again. -_-’

5/And the time to take an arrow is really too long!!

6/ When the archer is face to face he just have no chance to survive, yes ok i agree we can t be strong on face to face but, PLEASE we can run faster than a TANK.

Please try to stop listening to the kids who said, “OMG the archer can shoot far” or “HO they do too much damage” because i think they have never been on the battleground don’t you think?

WE DON T SHOOT EGGS, WE SHOOT ARROWS !!!
    They hit with swords no ? we die in 1 hit when they come with their swords.
    And us we try to survive with no legs to run and a toothpick for an arrow.

If you don t agree with what i said, so do that and come to try to run with me in a race when i have a bow and you with full plate armor and all your stuff.

You have obviously no idea what you are talking about. I won´t even respond more detailed to this crap. I wanted first, but…nah, my time is too precious.

• @R0m:

Plus you talk about realism and how it is not realistic for a knight to run that fast and then you say that, I quote : “5/And the time to take an arrow is really too long!!”. Well, let me tell you this, take a bow in real life - it is long to take an arrow out!

Indeed.
    I didn’t some archery, once, and taking an arrow out, putting it on in place on the bow, taking the right posture, aiming… All those take some time.

If I would just go takes arrow out, crudly places arrow on bow, shoots, my aim would be shit…

Yea, in the game, the people that move, while shooting their arrows (I’m not talking about bolts and crossbows there), should get a shit aim… But those that don’t move for a certain time, will get an accurate shot… (A bit like in Dark Souls, with the backstabs. We need to not block for some seconds, in order to be able to backstab.)
    In order to get an accurate shot, the bowman, would need to stand still for at least 3-4 seconds… And when crouching, it would be 5-6 seconds.

• @Setsuna:

hi!

I come to you just to tell the problems about the archer.
    1/ I really don t know why (and u ll tell me if you want!) the warrior with full plate armor and 2 hands sword or full plate armor with big shield and 1 hand armor run faster than the archer with a simple bow in WOOD :-o .

If you come (devs) or (any players) and you tell me “YES !!they can run faster than an archer” so come with a full armor and sword and i ll take a bow and we make a race xD. And if you finish the race before me, OMG it s maybe that i am missing a leg. So don 't say your game is like real life, it is just like your own rules.

2/ Just tell me why we can’t dodge like a knight ??!! we don t have legs again ? where is “the real” that you mention on other topics about the archer!

3/why the other players with an arrow in their head can still play like they have nothing ?!! yes they can run and again more faster than an archer with AN ARROW IN THEIR HEAD OMG I’VE NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE!
    when i see that in a movie " and i think a movie must be the reality for things like that (braveheart gladiator etc…) they die instantly or they fall on the floor.

4/About your bows:
    Your first bow is just more powerfull than the third because with the third bow a warrior needs 2-3 arrows to kill him just like the first bow 2-3 arrows to kill him again. why ?
    Even thow the third bow is 20 % more powerfull it is slower than the first and so what is the point?
    I think it s useless.
    And you have lowered the damages of the third bow again. -_-’

5/And the time to take an arrow is really too long!!

6/ When the archer is face to face he just have no chance to survive, yes ok i agree we can t be strong on face to face but, PLEASE we can run faster than a TANK.

Please try to stop listening to the kids who said, “OMG the archer can shoot far” or “HO they do too much damage” because i think they have never been on the battleground don’t you think?

WE DON T SHOOT EGGS, WE SHOOT ARROWS !!!
    They hit with swords no ? we die in 1 hit when they come with their swords.
    And us we try to survive with no legs to run and a toothpick for an arrow.

If you don t agree with what i said, so do that and come to try to run with me in a race when i have a bow and you with full plate armor and all your stuff.

dunno man xDxD games pretty cool atm afaik imho xDxDxDxD

THE ORDER!!! xDxDxDxD

• @Setsuna:

yes ok i agree we can t be strong on face to face but, PLEASE we can run faster than a TANK.

top speed: 45 mph (72 km/h)

top speed: 27.79 mph (44.72 km/h)

• I noticed that good players that mastery class directly because it punishes the guys that are crying. - the longbow became more powerful than limit the arc of war by comparing stats. is this normal? playing archer that I found most disadvantaged now that before