Perhaps an easy question-

• So I’ve been playing with the dedicated server files on a home PC, and have gotten the game up and people have joined it. Awesome!

A few settings have eluded me though-

1. Server Name: I can’t get it away from “Dev Testing Server”. I figured that

[Engine.GameReplicationInfo]
    ServerName=

would do the trick in PcServer-UDKGame.ini, but alas, no luck. If somebody could point me in the direction of setting my server’s name, that would be fantastic.

2. Admin control in-game.

I completed the

[Engine.AccessControl]
    AdminPassword=xxxxx

and plugged it into the console with Adminlogin, but a test kick did not seem to work. All it did was pull up a vote to kick upon typing Adminkick xxxxx. Perhaps I’m missing something.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

• You have to stop your server before editing your config files. Atleast, that was it for me. Give it a try.

• Of course. I’ve stopped/restarted it after every adjustment.

Still no dice though, it appears. I can deal with the server name, but it would really be nice to have the ability to kick or change maps without putting everything to a vote.

• After

Stop the server before editing the config.

• sigh.

I’ve made plenty of adjustments without the server running at all. Then start the server up after.

This isn’t the first server I’ve hosted and had working; config files are nothing new to me.

THESE ones just aren’t pushing through the settings I’ve told it to.

• What is the full path of the PCServer-UDKGame ini that you are editing?

Also, with regards to adminlogin, after you enter adminlogin xxxx, you should hear a beep and white text will appear just above the chatbox saying Player has logged in as an administrator. If this doesn’t happen, it means either the password is incorrect, or the password stored in the actual file is wrong (if you edit the file while the server is running, and the server changes map, you will lose the new edits, and as you know, a restart is necessary for it to work anyway).

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalry_ded_server\UDKGame\Config\PCServer
    Cooked\PCServer-UDKGame.ini

I’ve edited the file while server was down, and still no luck with any changes in it upon restart.

• Edit UDKGame\Config\PCServer-UDKGame.ini instead.

• That did the trick, thank you kindly.

I think the full path should be included in the .pdf explaining dedicated server setup…

Thanks again!