Objective Voice Over/Bellowing Commander

• Prior to the patch, a large bellied sounding invisible man used to bellow the objective at you whenever you spawned.

After the patch, this only happens on the first spawn, and it’s much quieter.

Was this intentional? I really miss hearing the guy shouting “prooow teeect the kiiiiiiing” and so on, depending on the objective. When I first heard it I thought it was great and one of the details that make this game what it is.
    It really helped the immersion.

• I too, enjoyed the bellowing commander. I rarily hear him anymore. 't is a shame.

• I press “v” (don’t know what the default key is for voice messages) then “5” to compensate.

• I do so all the time, but it doesn’t make up for the lack of Bellowing Commander. (SharpshotSid christened him this)
    He used to egg us on and push us into the fray with his deep voice and beardy accent. Lying face down in the mud, with two arrows through my chest and a gaping wound in my neck, my only fear was that I let him down by dying too soon and not capturing that trebuchet he kept shouting about.

• I imagine him being a fat bearded knight sitting at a table enjoying some pork and occasionally bellowing over the fields with his deep voice.

Like Robert Baratheon, only then even fatter, occasionally tossing breadcrusts at passing troops, telling them to get moving.

• @SharpshotSid:

I imagine him being a fat bearded knight sitting at a table enjoying some pork and occasionally bellowing over the fields with his deep voice.

Like Robert Baratheon, only then even fatter, occasionally tossing breadcrusts at passing troops, telling them to get moving.

Ok that’s funny, but you totally ruined the character.

• DEFEND THE FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARM!

• Developer

I will look into this, I don’t think this should have changed, thanks for the heads-up.

• @sir_loin:

I will look into this, I don’t think this should have changed, thanks for the heads-up.

If you could, we could use a lot more shouting from him During the match. Perhaps at least a few times during the last 2 mins? At “go-time” with the epic music bits.

• @sir_loin:

Thank you! That’s great news.
    He’s still there, but much less frequent. You can go a whole game without hearing him sometimes.

While I’m at it I’d like to tell you that the sound in this game is amazing, and probably my favourite quality about Chivalry.

• I like the bellowing commander a lot as well, but unlike you guys, I haven’t noticed his calls becoming any less frequent.

As I recall, he is actually voiced by one of the devs, right? :-)

• @sir_loin:

Glorious

TAAAAAAKE THEEEE VILLAAAAAAAAAGE, BRING FOOOOOD AND RIIICHEEEEES TO THE COMAAAANDEEEEER