Why I Uninstalled

• I have uninstalled the game because there are just too many problems I have with it. The melee combat is great and I wish I could play but there are too many drawbacks, from relatively minor things, such as the broken server browser, to things that ruin the game for me.

My second biggest problem is that far too often I find the community to be unpleasant. I am not saying it is everybody and I do not know the community here on these forums. It is only a minority but a large enough one that I keep encountering people like it. Insulting names are common (I saw one which was “Retarded Jesus” and another including the word c**t). And some of the chat messages are appalling. Yesterday when I tried to play someone kept spamming “I want to cum inside Rainbow Dash”. And I have been told to go play Mount & Blade more than once. These are not things I want to put up with.

My biggest problem (by far) is archers. I see several people on this forum think archers are weak but I find them to be annoying, and a good archer makes me want to find a new server. Being killed by an archer is always irritating, but it is infuriating when I am in the midst of an interesting battle/duel.

Then there’s the problem of how hard it can be to kill an archer. Quite often the archers are very close to their spawn so that there is not much time before they will get reinforcements. Sometimes it is physically impossible to get to an archer. Even if I can reach an archer a good archer is hard to kill in melee combat because they attack so fast. They can wait to parry any attack and then counter-attack quickly, but I cannot wait too long because it is far more likely that they will receive back-up than I will.

I have heard arguments that including archers makes the game more realistic, but archers can parry anything, including a maul or double-axe, with a dagger.

It had been getting more noticeable but in the last few days I have been unable to find a server that where I can have an enjoyable game because of the number and/or quality of archers.

• @Melliflue:

I find the community to be unpleasant.

You’re new to online gaming, aren’t you?

@Melliflue:

My biggest problem (by far) is archers. I see several people on this forum think archers are weak but I find them to be annoying, and a good archer makes me want to find a new server. Being killed by an archer is always irritating, but it is infuriating when I am in the midst of an interesting battle/duel.

Then there’s the problem of how hard it can be to kill an archer. Quite often the archers are very close to their spawn so that there is not much time before they will get reinforcements. Sometimes it is physically impossible to get to an archer. Even if I can reach an archer a good archer is hard to kill in melee combat because they attack so fast. They can wait to parry any attack and then counter-attack quickly, but I cannot wait too long because it is far more likely that they will receive back-up than I will.

I have heard arguments that including archers makes the game more realistic, but archers can parry anything, including a maul or double-axe, with a dagger.

It had been getting more noticeable but in the last few days I have been unable to find a server that where I can have an enjoyable game because of the number and/or quality of archers.

It’s quite easy to kill an archer when you get close. Just don’t let them close the gap when they have a dagger in their hands.
    If you don’t get close, well move your feet and/or use your shield.
    The problem does not lie on the game, you’re just not good enough, and if it’s all it takes to drive you off the game, well there always are “easier” games.

(BTW the thread is neither an idea or a suggestion.)

• Community can never be fixed, ever. Filtering the names should be done though, I do not like being an ally or enemy of a guy who has “nigger” or “cunt” in their names. Either create a filter or put a report system up so I can happily contribute in the removal of those players.

The only problem I see here is that they can parry anything, this is indeed bad design because there is no penalty at all.

A penalty should be added for parrying two handed weapons with a one handed weapon.
    Suggestions below

100% chance of pushing the enemy attack
    Double the fatigue in parrying
    Give half damage on attack the next 1-2 seconds
    Parrying the enemy makes you unable to attack or parry the next 1-2 seconds

• You’re right with the community. After a few weeks of playing i’m starting to get used to the routine of assholes just screaming at me for killing them. They start to scream and swear, getting “mad” at me. However, if they pull off a kill on me. The first word. The only word.

umad bro

:(

• @Azuree:

Community can never be fixed, ever. Filtering the names should be done though, I do not like being an ally or enemy of a guy who has “nigger” or “cunt” in their names. Either create a filter or put a report system up so I can happily contribute in the removal of those players.

Yep, earlier today some guy called me a “fcking african" and a "ngger”, (which demonstrate his stupidity, Algerian aren’t even black) in Italian, hoping I wouldn’t understand.
    Just votekicked him. :)

@Azuree:

The only problem I see here is that they can parry anything, this is indeed bad design because there is no penalty at all.

A penalty should be added for parrying two handed weapons with a one handed weapon.
    Suggestions below

100% chance of pushing the enemy attack
    Double the fatigue in parrying
    Give half damage on attack the next 1-2 seconds
    Parrying the enemy makes you unable to attack or parry the next 1-2 seconds

Agreed 100%. Especially when it comes to blocking an overhead maul.
    What they should do is not only double stamina drain but make it so when you don’t have any stamina left, blocking anything with anything wouldn’t work.

• I can give you one tip:
    Install and keep playing, unless you have a strong faith in God/Jesus/Allah/whatever, in which case: get off the internet at once. You can’t outrun people who use insulting names / insult you on the chat. This goes for almost every - slightly moderated - place on the internet.

When I fist played the game I was about ready to give up as well. And I had better arguments than you bring out in this thread. But after a few hours more, and a very well balanced update (in my opinion), I began to enjoy the game very much (and I had to for the price ;)).

The archers can be annoying, yes. They are more annoying when they camp out at spawn, yes. Remedy: become an archer yourself and take those asses out! That’s what it’s about. I play as a vanguard a lot and I notice I am swift enough to dodge most arrows coming my way. And as a knight and man-at-arms you can use a shield. Just equip weapons that are needed for that particular moment.

One point I must give you is the archer (or man at arms for that matter) being able to parry a 2 handed weapon (overhead) attack. But is that enough of a reason to stay out of the game?

Try it a bit more I’d say. Try other ways of playing the game (sneaky archer, bold knight or the long-ranged vanguard).

• 100% pushback and stamina penalties for 1h parrying vs 2h is retarded and misguided attempt at realistic melee combat which is not the point of Chivalry. Especially when MAA needs all the stamina he can get vs a Knight.

• @MUSASHI:

100% pushback and stamina penalties for 1h parrying vs 2h is retarded and misguided attempt at realistic melee combat which is not the point of Chivalry. Especially when MAA needs all the stamina he can get vs a Knight.

The very fact that you’re opposing this makes me think it’s a tremendous idea.

• @The:

@MUSASHI:

100% pushback and stamina penalties for 1h parrying vs 2h is retarded and misguided attempt at realistic melee combat which is not the point of Chivalry. Especially when MAA needs all the stamina he can get vs a Knight.

The very fact that you’re opposing this makes me think it’s a tremendous idea.

Duel me anytime. Just because you disagree with some of my opinions doesn’t mean YOU have a solid grasp of the game’s mechanics which you have already demonstrated more than once that you don’t.

Choice quotes.

I have the impression that hit detection is a bit off now with the vanguard long weapons like spear and bardiche. Sometime I clearly hit a guy but nothing happens.

In this case “clearly hitting a guy” means you have zero grasp of your weapon’s reach.

• @MUSASHI:

Duel me anytime. Just because you disagree with some of my opinions doesn’t mean YOU have a solid grasp of the game’s mechanics which you have already demonstrated more than once that you don’t.

Choice quotes.

@The:

I have the impression that hit detection is a bit off now with the vanguard long weapons like spear and bardiche. Sometime I clearly hit a guy but nothing happens.

In this case “clearly hitting a guy” means you have zero grasp of your weapon’s reach.

Mkay, so stabbing with a guy with a spear, being like 50cm from him is actually out of reach?
    Fascinating.
    If you’d kindly excuse me I have no time to waste arguing with some kid. (Yeah, it shows, a lot)

• I only want to comment on the OPs problem with vulgarity. I personally have zero problem with any of the English language (or vulgarity in others). Love it or hate it, multi-player banter is here to stay. If it offends your sensibilities I can understand why you would dislike it. Personally I don’t mind it, more often than not it’s just funny in a laugh at them kind of way. Remember, a lot of the offensive language used has become colloquial dialect for younger gamers. The meaning and intent to them may be radically different than the meaning you take. Regardless, it’s only an online game and you should take it with a pinch of salt.

Having said all that,again I do understand some people dislike that aspect of online gaming, and perhaps others who feel the same way could get some “clean” servers on the go. They should advertise themselves as such in the server description and have admins who kick for offensive names or chat language.

• Archers, like Men at Arms, are a nuisance. I mean, have you ever tried hitting anything with a bow? Even when it hits you, it doesn’t do much damage if you’re a Vanguard or Knight… With that said, a wall of archers is something to think twice about - but this is with ANY class in the game. If you’re running up against a wall of (insert class here) you’re doing it wrong regardless of what class you are playing.

Up close, an archer isn’t a threat. He’s less of a threat than a MaA. Be aggressive, if he parries, get defensive or kick him. He’ll still need a bunch of hits to kill you anyway. Still, treat him like any threat in the game. Archers are annoying, but I don’t see the issue behind parrying with a dagger - it’s simply balance (it’s a game remember?) unless you’re completely into buttraping archers at close range… which happens anyway.

• I don’t always uninstall games, but when I do I make a massive post about why.

Archers are like snipers, no one likes them. Adapt.

The server browser is a pain, but I find if I don’t click too much and wait a few seconds its ok.
    Find a server you like and join through the history?
    I have used much worse server browsers to play games or even matchmaking :o

• If you don’t like the community, get real good and smash them! :P

• @Azuree:

Community can never be fixed, ever.

That is where you are wrong, sir. Look at Riot Games for instance. They put in place multiple in-game features that promote better player-to-player interactions. Reporting, Tribunal, Honor System - all key to the complete 180 that once was their player base.

Communities CAN change… all it takes is a big effort from the devs/mods and a willful/helpful community.

• A maul versus a dagger is perfectly fine. You don’t “block” with the dagger, notice that the animation plays a deflect block, basically you deflect the weapon, altough that may still be strange. However, there has been no changes to this because of the balance. Hit the dagger user three times with the maul, and you will leave him with no stamina, and no stamina also means no feints, no jumps, no dodges(maa only) and no comboes. I guess you can really feel safe fighting of the dagger user BUT if you fail, then you have made a mistake and then you need to improvise or learn from that.

• I don’t see your point. parry is strong, of course.
    But there is one feature in chivalry named feint, which solve this problem.

Chivalry is fine.

• My second biggest problem is that far too often I find the community to be unpleasant.

It’s true for most (if not any) multiplayer community, because such people will always happen anywhere at any time. Only good defense against such behavior are competent administrators and swear-kick-bots. Otherwise I ignore such comments. No reason to exchange insults for me.

It’s a battle. A lot can happen. I always see people complaining about archers when they’re the ones getting killed (by the archers) or when I damage/kill friendly (very rare, but can happen). I never saw anyone complaining about me softening targets for the kill with a shortbow though… Interesting, isn’t it?

If I have problem with archers as a vanguard I can take a knight with tower shield and some fast secondary weapon. Shield will make it easier to approach and fight. Once you get close archers are playing at a disadvantage. One miss-parry can be their doom and you can take more hits than they can and still win the fight. Or take crossbowman yourself and take off the enemy shooters. It’s really hard to be good archer. Harder than other classes in fact (save for man at arms maybe).

I understand it’s annyoing, but I also think archers are treated unjustly in comparison to a vanguard or knight. Some people have no problem with them swinging left and right, killing friendlies, but they’ll have a problem instantly when their fellow archer will hit/kill them by mistake. And it’s much easier to control melee combat…

• too long didnt read.

all I can say is from my prejudgement is why we care.
    stopping playing a game understandable and making topic about it is normal that could be cared.
    but uninstalling game with hatred and after that making topic about it is implies something wrong with you why would I read your long post and waste my time.

• Put in a system of reputation score. Players can vote up or vote down people and maybe even have an unlock if you get enough up votes for that extra reason to be nice :) Sure, it’ll get abused by some people, but overall, it would probably work pretty well I think…