[SOLVED] Chivalry won't start "32-bit dx9 not responding"

• Hey everyone. I’ve been struggling with starting up Chivalry. When I click the “play” button on steam I get this message:
    I click “yes” and I see an image of Chivalry, looks to me like a start up picture.
    Everything seems fine until a window pops up saying:

My computer specs:
    -Windows 7, 64-bit
    -8gb Ram
    -NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M

What I’ve tried so far:
    -Validated files
    -Went into the “Binaries” folder and started the two executables.
    -Ran “DXSETUP”
    -Ran the “Launch” file and didn’t get an error, simply went back to the same “32-Bit dx9 not responding” thing.

Not sure what else to do, please try and help me or post if you are experiencing the same problem.I have a log attached.[attachment=0:3uymv2vi]Launch-backup.rtf[/attachment:3uymv2vi]

• Please attach your DxDiag.txt.

• Here it is. I forgot to mention I’m running winows through a virtual machine and have 2gb of memory allocated to it. Thanks for your reply!

• How many CPU cores did you give the VM?

I’m not familiar with how well Parallels can use the video card… Boot Camp may be a better option. VM’s just aren’t good at sharing video cards with the host OS.

• @ReMixx:

How many CPU cores did you give the VM?

I’m not familiar with how well Parallels can use the video card… Boot Camp may be a better option. VM’s just aren’t good at sharing video cards with the host OS.

Wow thanks so much! It worked! I switched and gave Parallels 3 cores instead of 1 and the game runs fine. Can’t thank you enough, made my day.

• @GoldShot:

@ReMixx:

How many CPU cores did you give the VM?

Wow thanks so much! It worked! I switched and gave Parallels 3 cores instead of 1 and the game runs fine. Can’t thank you enough, made my day.

Yay! I’m glad that it works for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1:

• Hey I’m trying to play Chivalry on my MAC using parallels. I was wondering how to change the number of cpu’s that are being used by parallels.

• @austinvickery:

Hey I’m trying to play Chivalry on my MAC using parallels. I was wondering how to change the number of cpu’s that are being used by parallels.

Here, let me Google that for you. (I’m in Grinch mode, sorry!)
    http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v … /22497.htm