Game crashes installing Redist and DX11, no error message

• When I click play on steam, it asks me if I want steam to make changes, when I click yes a box opens saying “installing MC redists” then instantly closes again with no error message. I’ve tried many fixes Including uninstalling all my Microsoft C++ files and re-installing them again, re-installing the game, verifying the game cache etc. But nothing has worked. When I try to launch the game through the UDK.exe launcher I get an error message saying that “C:\Windows\system32\d3dx11_43.dll is either not designed to run Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support.” I have tried re-installing but it still will not work.

Could someone please tell me how to fix this as the game looks amazing and I can’t wait to play it.

System Specs.
    AMD FX-4100 3.6ghz processor
    3.25gb ram (due to 32 bit OS)
    Asus HD 6950 1gb
    Jeantech 500w PSU
    320gb Sata HDD

• Try doing what ReMixx recommends in this thread. It will install those files directly. For some reason it is not installing the prereqs.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6189

“The usual solution to this (and I hope that it works for you) is to going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv in Windows Explorer. Run the two vcredist executable files. Then go into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe.” -ReMixx

• @ChuckingIt:

Try doing what ReMixx recommends in this thread. It will install those files directly. For some reason it is not installing the prereqs.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=6189

“The usual solution to this (and I hope that it works for you) is to going to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv in Windows Explorer. Run the two vcredist executable files. Then go into DXRedistCutdown and run DXSETUP.exe.” -ReMixx

That doesn’t work I’m afraid, I still get the same error :(

• Take the file that’s failing, C:\Windows\system32\d3dx11_43.dll, rename it to something like d3dx11_43_backup.dll. Then run the DXSETUP.exe again.

• I’m pretty much having the same exact problems. I did everything above and it still doesn’t work. Is there no solution at the moment?

• @jeremy786:

I’m pretty much having the same exact problems. I did everything above and it still doesn’t work. Is there no solution at the moment?

Still problems with d3dx11_43.dll after replacing it?

• @ReMixx:

@jeremy786:

I’m pretty much having the same exact problems. I did everything above and it still doesn’t work. Is there no solution at the moment?

I tried this, but I’m still having the same issue :(

• @iwannaplaythisgaimz:

@ReMixx:

@jeremy786:

I tried this, but I’m still having the same issue :(

Okay, time for the Hail Mary pass.

Make the backup again and download the .dll from here and move it into the system32 folder.

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx11_43

• I am not sure if i am doing this right I still left the backup file there but after deleting the original d3dx11_43.dll my computer insists the file is still there and is asking to replace it and when I confirm nothing seems to happen I am at a loss. I’m wondering if this program pertains to DirectX11 because my chivalry says DX9 on the header.

• @jeremy786:

I am not sure if i am doing this right I still left the backup file there but after deleting the original d3dx11_43.dll my computer insists the file is still there and is asking to replace it and when I confirm nothing seems to happen I am at a loss. I’m wondering if this program pertains to DirectX11 because my chivalry says DX9 on the header.

Move the backup to your desktop or something. Then click the refresh button in Windows Explorer to confirm that the file doesn’t exist in the folder, then try again.

• I recently reformatted and am having the same issue when trying to reinstall. I’m wondering if it’s related to this, from patch notes:

“Removed unnecesary requirements/libaries the game depended on.”

Can we get someone to look into this? I’ve seen other reports of this issue besides this one since the official patch date.

• @mateo:

I recently reformatted and am having the same issue when trying to reinstall. I’m wondering if it’s related to this, from patch notes:

“Removed unnecesary requirements/libaries the game depended on.”

Can we get someone to look into this? I’ve seen other reports of this issue besides this one since the official patch date.

The unnecessary requirements were mostly the .NET framework.

• That did not work. I extracted to desktop then moved it in and still nothing. If all else fails, I am getting a new computer with a fresh windows 7. That should work hopefully.

• @jeremy786:

That did not work. I extracted to desktop then moved it in and still nothing. If all else fails, I am getting a new computer with a fresh windows 7. That should work hopefully.

Can’t go wrong with a fresh Windows 7. If this is the reason for buying a new computer, you might as well try reformating your current one first to get a “fresh windows 7” before buying a new one.

• @ReMixx:

@jeremy786:

That did not work. I extracted to desktop then moved it in and still nothing. If all else fails, I am getting a new computer with a fresh windows 7. That should work hopefully.

Can’t go wrong with a fresh Windows 7. If this is the reason for buying a new computer, you might as well try reformating your current one first to get a “fresh windows 7” before buying a new one.

Please see the first post on this page, where I mentioned I reinstalled the game on a fresh install of Windows 7 64-bit.

“I recently reformatted and am having the same issue when trying to reinstall. I’m wondering if it’s related to this, from patch notes:”

This issue occurs every time I go to run the game. UAC prompt and then ‘installing step 1 of 3’ with a silent failure.

Installing the June 2010 DirectX redist allows me to play, albeit in 32bit DX9 mode. Something is broken with the installer! I’ll try an uber-fresh install with no windows updates but I don’t think that will help.

• @mateo:

Installing the June 2010 DirectX redist allows me to play, albeit in 32bit DX9 mode. Something is broken with the installer! I’ll try an uber-fresh install with no windows updates but I don’t think that will help.

Huh? There only is a 32-bit executable of the game and the game only supports DX9 at the moment. :?

• That’s all well and good, but the game shouldn’t trigger a UAC installation dialog every time I run it

:)

• @mateo:

That’s all well and good, but the game shouldn’t trigger a UAC installation dialog every time I run it

:)

The UAC is because the game forces to re-run the redist files before every launch to make sure that nothing has changed so that you can successfully play the game (in case something else deleted a DX or visual C++ redist file). You can generally safely decline the UAC which will decline the Redist check and the game should still launch just fine (assuming that you have previously successfully run the redist files). Since the redist files essentially install files to your system including system folders, it needs the permissions to do so. For example, DirectX files live in your System32 folder.