Aw,you limited it to 90FPS?

• Most Unreal Engine 3.0 games are, when online, but you previously had the privvie of being able to do 120+ in Chivalry online. The latest big patch, seems to have changed that, I am limited to 90 in MP, even with smooth frame rate disabled.

• Why would you bother with anything above 60FPS?

• Yes this is HIGHLY annoying.

Most people who aren’t mentally disabled, can EASILY tell if you have 30,60,90,120 etc. FPS. I can clearly tell if I have 90 or 78, as the mouse behaves very noticable (that’s why I have fraps constantly monitoring my frames).

The game has become WAY less smooth since the patch, to the point of breaking it for me.

Sure, als 99% are just mindlessly spamming swing, they won’t notice any different.

• Why would you bother with anything above 60FPS?

Registered just to tell you to screw off ;)
    The answer is, some people have CRT or 120hz LCD. Games can look stunning at 120fps, you feel more connected you’re able to see twice as clearly when your screen moves. There’s a perceivable difference in my skill from 60 to 120, but it’s not like I can prove that beyond placebo.

• @Swarlos:

Most people who aren’t mentally disabled,

That was unnecessarily rude.

@Naka:

You registered to vent your rage? What? I asked a simple question.

@Naka:

The answer is, some people have CRT or 120hz LCD. Games can look stunning at 120fps, you feel more connected you’re able to see twice as clearly when your screen moves. There’s a perceivable difference in my skill from 60 to 120, but it’s not like I can prove that beyond placebo.

The perceived difference in skill is indeed a placebo.

If you have a monitor that runs on a higher refresh rate, sure, you can notice a difference. Most most monitors are still 60Hz. Unless your mouse is considerably laggy, you won’t notice any difference between 60fps and >60fps if using an average monitor.

• C:\Users\Name\Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Config\UDKEngine.ini

Works for me.

• @Bucketsmith:

@Swarlos:

@Naka:

@Naka:

If you have a monitor that runs on a higher refresh rate, sure, you can notice a difference. Most most monitors are still 60Hz. Unless your mouse is considerably laggy, you won’t notice any difference between 60fps and >60fps if using an average monitor.

Do you perhaps have images disabled, or is it just your destiny to be offended? Seeing things more clearly isn’t placebo, but if it makes you feel better… Okay, it’s placebo.

Edit: framerate was never limited to 90, thread over.
    … On the other hand, can someone open tutorial, fraps, and tell me if your FPS drops to 60 from 100 whenever the tutorial text appears on screen? Strange.

• @Bucketsmith:

@Swarlos:

@Naka:

@Naka:

Have you ever sat a 60 hz monitor and a 120 hz monitor next to each other and looked at two identical games running next to each other? The difference is astonishing

• I know you stated that the fps wasn’t locked at 90, but even if it was it’s not that bad.
    See, you can still run 120hz on your monitor with vsync off. And it really should be turned off because vsync results in massive input lag which makes your every reaction slower.

And even with only 90fps ingame you still benefit alot from 120hz due to reduced visible tearing and flickering when the camera and other things are moving, since ingame fps and monitor refresh rate are two completely different things.

Back in the crt monitor days I played counter-strike on a crt monitor with 240hz@640x480 and 100fps ingame. It felt much smoother than running 100hz even though the ingame framerate was caped at 100fps. And believe it or not, that monitor lasted 2 years before it burned out ^^

• @kywild:

I know you stated that the fps wasn’t locked at 90, but even if it was it’s not that bad.
    See, you can still run 120hz on your monitor with vsync off. And it really should be turned off because vsync results in massive input lag which makes your every reaction slower.

And even with only 90fps ingame you still benefit alot from 120hz due to reduced visible tearing and flickering when the camera and other things are moving, since ingame fps and monitor refresh rate are two completely different things.

Back in the crt monitor days I played counter-strike on a crt monitor with 240hz@640x480 and 100fps ingame. It felt much smoother than running 100hz even though the ingame framerate was caped at 100fps. And believe it or not, that monitor lasted 2 years before it burned out ^^

Though 120 vs 100 doesn’t bring much (if any, I wouldn’t know) skill benefit, 120 looks better and I would take it if I can get it. I don’t think people need to support being passive on issues.
    Not intending to offend, but you’re definitely ahead of the suckups on other forums laughingly throwing their arms in support of 30fps locks with no comment from the devs.

• @Naka:

@kywild:

I know you stated that the fps wasn’t locked at 90, but even if it was it’s not that bad.

Though 120 vs 100 doesn’t bring much (if any, I wouldn’t know) skill benefit, 120 looks better and I would take it if I can get it. I don’t think people need to support being passive on issues.
    Not intending to offend, but you’re definitely ahead of the suckups on other forums laughingly throwing their arms in support of 30fps locks with no comment from the devs.

Agreed, for me 120 / 100hz (or fps for that matter) makes no difference in terms of playing the game. It’s smoother and easier on the eyes though which is always a relief. Below 90hz (refreshrate, not fps) I start noticing tearing that actually effects my performance though, at least in game’s where you turn around very fast as you don’t get the same visibility.