Random Freezing

• For some reason I keep getting random freezing, even though my ping stays around 50-100 and I have a solid 60 fps. Help?

• Attach a DxDiag.txt

• Here you go

• Well the DxDiag doesn’t show anything bad. Do you have a virus scanner or anything else running in the background?

• @ReMixx:

Well the DxDiag doesn’t show anything bad. Do you have a virus scanner or anything else running in the background?

I have Avast. I guess I could try disabling it.

• @zachdog6:

@ReMixx:

Well the DxDiag doesn’t show anything bad. Do you have a virus scanner or anything else running in the background?

Please try that! Don’t forget to reenable when you’re done (assuming that that works)!

• @ReMixx:

@zachdog6:

@ReMixx:

Please try that! Don’t forget to reenable when you’re done (assuming that that works)!

Didn’t work. I also tried verifying the game catch, but no luck.

• What kind of freezing is it? How long does it last? Anyway to grab video of it and throw that on the YouTubes?

• @ReMixx:

What kind of freezing is it? How long does it last? Anyway to grab video of it and throw that on the YouTubes?

I freeze for about 1/2 a second, then the game continues. Whatever I was trying to do before the freeze still happens as well. It’s like I keep skipping forward in time. One second I am thrusting my lance, the next I am 2 feet to the left with an axe in my head. I would make a video, but FRAPS takes a huge toll on the frame rate.

• Sounds like a microstuttering issue, maybe?

Does it still happen with every graphic setting and resolution on the lowest value?

• I believe my problem is the same, I get all 3-5 seconds a very short freeze FPS are normal and it happens also if i play with lowest settings, got the same problem in Battlefield 3

• @ReMixx:

Sounds like a microstuttering issue, maybe?

Does it still happen with every graphic setting and resolution on the lowest value?

Yes

• What are your settings in your Nvidia Control Panel under Manage 3D Settings? Have you tweaked any of those away from default?

• @ReMixx:

What are your settings in your Nvidia Control Panel under Manage 3D Settings? Have you tweaked any of those away from default?

I put them back to default. Didn’t work.

• I’m starting to think that it is a network related thing, like you’re dropping packets. What’s your internet setup? Do you have a router? Are you connected to it by an ethernet cable or wifi? Or are you directly connected to your modem? What kind of internet connection and ISP provider?

Edit:
    Also, I think this is your motherboard (please confirm). Try downloading the driver updates for your soundcard and LAN. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3849#dl

• @ReMixx:

I’m starting to think that it is a network related thing, like you’re dropping packets. What’s your internet setup? Do you have a router? Are you connected to it by an ethernet cable or wifi? Or are you directly connected to your modem? What kind of internet connection and ISP provider?

Edit:
    Also, I think this is your motherboard (please confirm). Try downloading the driver updates for your soundcard and LAN. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=3849#dl

I am connected to a router with a cable, and i’m not sure what speed of internet connection, though it’s cable. ISP? Also, yes that is my motherboard, and what updates do I choose for sound? Both?

Edit: I forgot to mention the fact that this only happens with this game

• @zachdog6:

@ReMixx:

I’m starting to think that it is a network related thing, like you’re dropping packets. What’s your internet setup? Do you have a router? Are you connected to it by an ethernet cable or wifi? Or are you directly connected to your modem? What kind of internet connection and ISP provider?

Edit:

I am connected to a router with a cable, and i’m not sure what speed of internet connection, though it’s cable. ISP? Also, yes that is my motherboard, and what updates do I choose for sound? Both?

I see only one for Sound/Audio:

Realtek Function driver for Realtek Azalia audio chip (Including Microsoft UAA Driver in English edition)	R2.70	109.88 MB	2012/10/04	Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP / Http

Do you mean LAN? LAN should be the 2nd one:

Realtek LAN Driver	7.049.0927.2011	3.48 MB	2012/03/21	Asia China America Europe Europe(Russia) : FTP / Http

• OK, I installed the updates and two extra ones from windows update. I accidentally installed both LAN updates, though. I hope that’s OK. Now, however, the game won’t even start. I try to launch the game, and it say UDK.exe has stopped working. I can’t catch a break, can I.

Edit: ok, I validated the games catch and it works now. Will see if the freezing has stopped.

• @zachdog6:

OK, I installed the updates and two extra ones from windows update. I accidentally installed both LAN updates, though. I hope that’s OK. Now, however, the game won’t even start. I try to launch the game, and it say UDK.exe has stopped working. I can’t catch a break, can I.

Edit: ok, I validated the games catch and it works now. Will see if the freezing has stopped.

Haha don’t scare me like that! Fingers crossed!

• I’ve seen this problem occur when there’s actual microlag in between components on a system.
    Various things could be the source of the problem, it’s hard to pinpoint. Driver issues. Codec issues.
    Hardware faults. Incompatibility between components. Bad memory sticks.