Logo Banner then black screen…

• Hello Everyone,

I am not sure if anyone will be able to help me. I just bought the game and I cannot seem to get the game to run. The logo screen pops up, then eventually a black screen. When I go to quit it it says that it is not responding.

I am running windows XP
    2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    5GB ram
    NVIDIA GeForce 9400M

Thanks everyone

• Try running the two vcredist executable files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv. Then run DXSETUP.exe in DXRedistCutdown.

If that doesn’t work, please attach the Launch.log from Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs and the DxDiag.txt.

• I have the same problem idk what to do.:

• @poisonarrow:

I have the same problem idk what to do.:

@ReMixx:

Try running the two vcredist executable files in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv. Then run DXSETUP.exe in DXRedistCutdown.

If that doesn’t work, please attach the Launch.log from Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Logs and the DxDiag.txt.

• Sorry it took so long for me to get back.

Here is the file:

• I can’t debate if your graphic card does or doesn’t have the technical prerequisites for running chivalry, but performance-wise it is lower than the minimum requirements: Geforce 8800GT which is WAY better than a 9400m. So it could be the reason.

On the other hand one would think the newer generation 9400m would have all the neat shader/other-technical-mumbojumbo support that he 8800 has. But it’s not guaranteed since it’s a lowend piece of hardware designed for laptops.

• @kywild:

I can’t debate if your graphic card does or doesn’t have the technical prerequisites for running chivalry, but performance-wise it is lower than the minimum requirements: Geforce 8800GT which is WAY better than a 9400m. So it could be the reason.

On the other hand one would think the newer generation 9400m would have all the neat shader/other-technical-mumbojumbo support that he 8800 has. But it’s not guaranteed since it’s a lowend piece of hardware designed for laptops.

So basically I am hooped and cannot play the game?

• @bradenheron:

@kywild:

I can’t debate if your graphic card does or doesn’t have the technical prerequisites for running chivalry, but performance-wise it is lower than the minimum requirements: Geforce 8800GT which is WAY better than a 9400m. So it could be the reason.

So basically I am hooped and cannot play the game?

Well, that’s not exactly what I said but in worst case scenario yes.
    However since the 9400m is a newer generation they should have added it to an exclusion list in the system requirements if the game wasn’t ment to work. Instead of just writing 8800gt and above. What I would do is try to lookup if anyone else is able to play with this card (or the geforce 205m which is basically the same graphicscard).

Oh and there is one last thing! I’ve heard about issues where peoples laptops are actually utilizing the integrated graphicscard instead of the dedicated one (which would be your 9400m). This would surely make the game unplayable. I have no idea how to debug or fix this issue though, maybe someone else does.

• thank you very much kywild and ReMixx

• @bradenheron:

thank you very much kywild and ReMixx

Please attach a dxdiag.txt. All is not lost yet.

• how do I find that?

• @bradenheron:

how do I find that?

Click the start button, type in dxdiag into the search field, open dxdiag.exe, click Save All Information in the app. This will generate the DxDiag.txt. Attach it to a reply here :)

• I think this is what you are looking for… It is weird that I have not had any problems with my other steam games…

• Ew Parallels. How many CPU cores are you giving it? If you’re giving it just one, it will not work. Chivalry needs at least 2.

• how do I check?

• @bradenheron:

how do I check?

I’m not sure how exactly as I have never used it. Maybe this will be of help?

http://download.parallels.com/desktop/v5/docs/en/Parallels_Desktop_Users_Guide/22497.htm