[SOLVED] UDK.exe Issue.

• Hello there,

Ive been having issues with starting the game through steam as I start the applications I get the appcrash…If I try to manually run it through the C:ProgramFiles/Steam/Steamapps/Common/Chivalry/Binaries/Win32 I get an error saying " This application has failed to start because D3DCOMPILER_42.dll was not found.Re-installing the application may fix this problem". Now I did try to re-install it and still doesnt work.In an other thread a possible fix was that I should delete the Config folder then run a Verify cache files.I also tried that to no avail.Anybody had this problem before?I would be very grateful for a reply

thank you

btw here’s my dxdiag.txt

• If that file is accurate, you should update your video drivers. You appear to be running 8.X where 12.X is the latest.
    Also, have you tried reinstalling DirectX as a whole? Downloading and installing loose .dll files is never a good idea. They tend to add malicious code, but even if they’re safe, most .dlls don’t work unless they have a matching registry key. Which might be missing if you are only placing the dll file, as opposed to using an installer.

• Ill try reinstalling my DirectX

• @TheBoltEffect:

Ill try reinstalling my DirectX

Try running DXSETUP.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown

• @ReMixx:

@TheBoltEffect:

Ill try reinstalling my DirectX

Try running DXSETUP.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\chivalrymedievalwarfare\Binaries\RedistChiv\DXRedistCutdown

If that doesn’t work, try downloading the latest DX setup from MS itself.

• Wow thank you very much it worked for me :)

• @TheBoltEffect:

Wow thank you very much it worked for me :)

Yay! I’m glad that it works for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1:

• @TheBoltEffect:

Wow thank you very much it worked for me :)

That’s excellent news.