Horses

• If for some maps, occasionally a team would have the option to ride a horse from spawn, they would strike by the sides and archers could shoot from the horse, but the horse can be killed easy by the enemy, by a swift blow or two arrow shots, the horse could also be stolen if the rider was killed.

• Been suggested, devs say no, and I agree. No horses please.

One reason given was that everything is balanced for infantry combat. Horses would throw everything out of whack including map sizes.

• While horses can work in a game like this its basically like adding vehicles to a fps, it requires you to design the whole map design differently for maps that have them.

• @manic:

Been suggested, devs say no, and I agree.

• Dunno if it can be done in the UDK engine (i think its possible), just wait for the modders to get their hands on the Chivalry SDK and see what they dish out.

• @Easterlake:

@manic:

Been suggested, devs say no, and I agree.

+2

• This game just simply isn’t set up for horses. It seems like a good idea on the surface, but too many variables have to change in order to usher in the use of horses in combat. It’s just not worth all the hassle and probably wouldn’t be widely accepted by the community as a whole.

• @Izlude:

This game just simply isn’t set up for horses. It seems like a good idea on the surface, but too many variables have to change in order to usher in the use of horses in combat. It’s just not worth all the hassle and probably wouldn’t be widely accepted by the community as a whole.

Dude they could totally have horses on a map or two specifically designed for them. Yeah having horses on like every day maps that you just need to press E and the pop out of a box is kind if retarded anyways. I mean how exactly would you get a horse into the throne room to fight the king? LOL? REALLY?

Anyhow, they could most certainly add a map or two for riding combat. Those kinds of additions though are game expansion additions. They would probably fair well to release it in another version of the game later on. The only thing we can expect is them adding maps, weapons and fixing bugs. Anything more than that like changing combat, adding different styles of combat and classes, would make the project too massive for a patch, and would constitute releasing it in an expansion.

• nd writing asap cos it would be too easy for you. Just give me and bot invulnerability. So I can train blocks, or train hits. also picking bo

• No more Assassin or Horses topics PLEASE…

• @Suncross:

@Izlude:

This game just simply isn’t set up for horses. It seems like a good idea on the surface, but too many variables have to change in order to usher in the use of horses in combat. It’s just not worth all the hassle and probably wouldn’t be widely accepted by the community as a whole.

Dude they could totally have horses on a map or two specifically designed for them. Yeah having horses on like every day maps that you just need to press E and the pop out of a box is kind if retarded anyways. I mean how exactly would you get a horse into the throne room to fight the king? LOL? REALLY?

Anyhow, they could most certainly add a map or two for riding combat. Those kinds of additions though are game expansion additions. They would probably fair well to release it in another version of the game later on. The only thing we can expect is them adding maps, weapons and fixing bugs. Anything more than that like changing combat, adding different styles of combat and classes, would make the project too massive for a patch, and would constitute releasing it in an expansion.

I don’t think you realize making it work for horses will require practically the whole game to be rebalanced to both work with and without horses. Just making a horses map just doesn’t cut it, and would look very strange, the least that could have horses is a full blown expansion to the game, and even then you have to realize it will be a pain to get balanced while not having different balances for horse and non horse maps and still being balanced on regular maps, all in just a ton of work to get it to work.