[SOLVED] Massive drop in FPS post-patch

• Ever since the most recent patch, I’ve been experiencing a significant drop in fps. Where I used to get 60 with v-sync on the highest settings possible, I can now only get 30-40 on the lowest. What happened? Is there a fix coming?

Processor: Intel Core 2 Quad @ 2.83 ghz
    RAM: 6gb
    GPU: Two Radeon 4890 cards in Crossfire

• Can you give us some more info? When are you experiencing the drop? Is it always there or only when you look at certain objects?

• Try deleting My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare folder. It will reset all keybinds and graphics settings.

Also, some people have reported issues with Crossfire. I don’t have any information on it though :(

• The drop happens globally though some maps fare much better than others. I am able to get around 55 on maximum settings inside the throneroom (which is fine) but just outside of it, the fps will drop to 40-50. Ruins, battlegrounds, and arena are some of the worst culprits as these maps drop me to 20fps at some points.

I’ve already tried deleting that folder and reinstalling with no luck. Crossfire wasn’t an issue before as I was getting a solid 60 globally.

• Hrm. Tried verifying game cache?
    Otherwise, did you try running on one card?

• Yep tried verifying the game cache. Still no dice.

While I appreciate the suggestion about removing one of my cards, I’m not going to try that. The game was running just fine prior to the patch. Even if the problem is due to the patch breaking its ability to run on machines with crossfire on, I’m not about to pop my card in and out just so I can play Chivalry. That’s simply too much of a pain for a single game.

Again I appreciate the help from you two but is there somebody with more knowledge about the game who can help me? Perhaps somebody affiliated with the developers?

• @privy:

While I appreciate the suggestion about removing one of my cards, I’m not going to try that. The game was running just fine prior to the patch. Even if the problem is due to the patch breaking its ability to run on machines with crossfire on, I’m not about to pop my card in and out just so I can play Chivalry. That’s simply too much of a pain for a single game.

Try turning off CrossFire from the Catalyst Control Center.

• @ReMixx:

Hey it worked! There was an overall decrease in performance from pre-patch crossfire to post-patch single gpu but the game is actually playable now. I am now getting 60 fps usually with the worst maps putting me down to 40 in combat. Thank you!

• @privy:

@ReMixx:

Hey it worked! There was an overall decrease in performance from pre-patch crossfire to post-patch single gpu but the game is actually playable now. I am now getting 60 fps usually with the worst maps putting me down to 40 in combat. Thank you!

Yay! I’m glad that it works for you! See you on the battlefield. :k1:

• @privy:

@ReMixx:

You know, I never said you had to physically remove a card! :?