Parry or shield? means nothing.

• From tutorial I learned as a noob that if you parry or cover with shield then you can counter strike fast and hit the opponent. sorry but it’s not working . I tried countless times, with different classes, everytime I parried opponent managed to hit mi second hit faster even when he was a vanguard or knight and I was Man-at-arms. Am I crazy? :?

• It’s only with parries.

You gotta attack right away when you parry.

• Thanks for answering. Belive me I wouldn’t post here unless I wouldn’t had that issue for few days. Tried everything and all kinds off timing, if you guys still insist that it’s matter of right timing then I say it’s mostly luck and then skill.

• You must attack right as you hear the clang of the parry. Only then will your attack be faster.

• it is meaningfull and work fine. If you got the right weapon you can counter attack at the good moment. If you use a slower weapon than your opponent, you need to back and manage to get some distance to slash and swing with your heavy weapon and get advantage of the range, you can use the time after you pary/block to back or go behind your opponent to do this. Try to pary / block later as possible so you can immediatly take this to your advantage. Do not forget to use kick + your faster swing (usually piercing/slashing one) quickly too, depending on the stamina you have.

• Alright, thnx for respone. I’m pretty sure I did all that, but because I love this game and you guys are so supportive I shall try again. :)

• Just dont let yourself get discouraged when learning to play this game. It is a very hard one even for people like me who have a lot of FPS experiences. When I was starting out I was driving my roommates crazy cause I sucked so bad :-). But now I own in this game so just be very patient. Skill will come with time. Always play with sounds on to make sure you blocked an attack!

• @Ski:

From tutorial I learned as a noob that if you parry or cover with shield then you can counter strike fast and hit the opponent. sorry but it’s not working . I tried countless times, with different classes, everytime I parried opponent managed to hit mi second hit faster even when he was a vanguard or knight and I was Man-at-arms. Am I crazy? :?

I haven’t really done the tutorial yet, but to my understanding this has a lot to do with foot placement too. Shields really suck because they block your vision. Their only usefulness is protection against flying projectiles when you are running around. As a vanguard, I will toe the line and move side to side as furthest as I can, or charge kicks right after an attack to cancel the incoming attack.

The best thing to do is to come into a fight and be the aggressor to win, and know when you can trade hits to finish off the fight.

• yeah if you attack right as the weapons hit each other youll go into your attack instently, can be hard to get the timing at first.

• Also feint seems to mean nothing now. Or at least very little. I find that with a lot of weapons if you feint and they parry, they can still parry again for your real strike.

Yet sometimes I seem to get “blocked” by an opponent who doesn’t even parry at all. :?

• If you’re using a shield you can’t combo off of a successful block, and the enemy’s attack won’t be deflected for as long, so you often won’t have time to get a counterattack in against a faster weapon - you should be using your range in this case as the only slower onehanders have superior range.