Massive pings

• Hi, I just bought Chivalry through steam today and when I pull up the server list I get pings anywhere from 400-1200. when I join a 400 game the ping generally hangs around 700……I have no clue wtf is going on and I can not find any info on this problem anywhere. I did a steam check to make sure that the game integrity is fine and there has been no problems. I have Telstra cable an none of my other games have any issues with pings…all around 20ms. I know the servers I am joining should not have pings this high, the game is practically unplayable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    cheers

• Ok I have it sorted…… Start/run/cmd/ /ipconfig release/ /ipconfig renew
    who would have thought…

• @Scrimmortal:

Ok I have it sorted…… Start/run/cmd/ /ipconfig release/ /ipconfig renew
    who would have thought…

This really makes no sense as to why it solved your problem. Especially because you report this game to be the only application with said problem. Glad you have it solved, but I wouldn’t expect this to work for others.

• @Bucketsmith:

@Scrimmortal:

Ok I have it sorted…… Start/run/cmd/ /ipconfig release/ /ipconfig renew
    who would have thought…

This really makes no sense as to why it solved your problem. Especially because you report this game to be the only application with said problem. Glad you have it solved, but I wouldn’t expect this to work for others.

It would make sense if some other device on the network somehow has the same internal IP address (I’ve seen it happen between a laptop and an iPad on my home network).

• @ReMixx:

It would make sense if some other device on the network somehow has the same internal IP address (I’ve seen it happen between a laptop and an iPad on my home network).

Ah yes, I see this happen whenever a wireless network is involved.
    Heck, even poorly set up routers/servers can have massive IP conflicts.
    Still, letting the client ask a new IP from the DHCP server isn’t going to actually fix the problem.
    He’s better off setting up his router the right way.