All 3-5 Seconds short freeze for less than a millisecond

• Hello There,

I have a problem with Chivalry, I dont know if it is that what you’d call CPU Scaling but it has to do something with my Hardware, it only happens sometimes and it doesnt depends on if i play on low or higher settings.
    My System should be able to handle chivalry easy on the highest settings

Win 7 64 Bit
    AMD Phenom 955 X2 3,2 ghz (~processor is already about 3 years old)
    Nvidia GTX560ti
    8gb ram

but even when i turn down settings to lowest i get it sometimes on servers (the chance is higher to happen on a 32 player server, than on an empty one) microlaags, like it seems every 3-5 Seconds my game freezes for less than a millisecond, its still playable but I cant enjoy it that much since its pretty annoying and it cost me already some deaths :/
    I’ve got this problem also in battlefield 3, any Ideas how to fix it?

• Can you post a DxDiag.txt so that we can verify driver versions?

Some ideas off the top of my head:

1. Is your Windows up to date?
    2. Are your network drivers up to date (DxDiag doesn’t show this)?
    3. Is the CPU or GPU overheating?

• OK
    1st my Windows is up to date
    2nd I dont think that’s the problem since it doesnt feel like a laag, I think it can also happen on singleplayer
    3rd that’s what i have been thinking of/ 1 of them could be also defect, since I noticed yesterday on throneroom green lights flashing on the top right corner of my screen when i looked to the throne
    so maybe It could be also caused my my Monitor(since its actually a TV connected via HDMI to my Graficscard) so I’m gonna try to switch my Monitor, Exchange graficscard and exchange CPU.
    Even tohugh i didnt manage to make a screenshot of it that seems also a bit strange, I’m gonna record it to show you what I mean :P

• I’m having the roughly the same problem (though not as often), drivers are up to date, neither GPU nor CPU overheat during play

I have noticed that it generally occurs just as you are about to get hit

dxdiag attached

• lol 20k you got that too? O:

well Its hard to describe that problem, it looks like its skipping about 5 Frames or something every 3-5 seconds. I tryed ot turn Vsync on and off, maybe there is a way to fix it directly in the nvidia controlpanel… if it is really graficscard related

@ Edit I have been looking for similar bugs on youtube:

its nearly exaclty like in that video, the stuttering isn’t repeating that fast but it looks exactly like the one i get in Chivalry and Battlefield 3

well I dont get those longer freezes, just this stuttering every 3-5 seconds

9bgvfDwTtOM

• @20k:

I’m having the roughly the same problem (though not as often), drivers are up to date, neither GPU nor CPU overheat during play

I have noticed that it generally occurs just as you are about to get hit

dxdiag attached

Are you running beta nvidia drivers?