Chivalry won't run (Steam)

• I got a problem with my Chivalry game. I bought it yesterday from steam, downloaded it and installed it. Then when i press play i get the following:

Preparing to launch Chivalry: medieval warfare
    I press on yes to allow the program to make changes to my pc
    Preforming first time setup… step 1 of 2

And then it closes all down and the programm won’t start.

I uninstalled the game and installed it again, i ran the two files in the RedistChiv folder and then the DXSetup in the DXRedistCutdown folder, i did a verify integrity and game cache test, tried to run the UDK.exe which wouldn’t open. All this had no effect.

Does anyone know where the problem is? And how to resolve it?

• Files:

• I have a friend with the same problem

• @Dutch:

Files:

It looks like your video card is well below the minimum requirement:

ATI Radeon Xpress 1200 Series vs ATI Radeon 3870

• Okeej… and that’s the problem?

• @Dutch:

Okeej… and that’s the problem?

Most likely. You can try this, but no guarantees:

The game crashes on my Nvidia Geforce 7000-series graphics card
    Go to My Documents\My Games\Chivalry Medieval Warfare\UDKGame\Configs\UDKSystemSettings.ini

Find the first instance of bAllowPostprocessMLAA. Set it to false

We will be defaulting to this setting in a future patch.

• Its already set at false

• @Dutch:

Its already set at false

Yeah then I don’t think it will run. :(

You can try contacting Steam for a refund (they sometimes give a one-time forgiveness refund) by saying that you didn’t realize that you didn’t meet the system requirements (or upgrade your PC and kill people with us!).

• Okeej, thanks for your help. I’ll try if it runs on my laptop (i already know the answer but i’ll try) and ill try to get a refund if it doesn’t work.

• @Dutch:

Okeej, thanks for your help. I’ll try if it runs on my laptop (i already know the answer but i’ll try) and ill try to get a refund if it doesn’t work.

Best of luck. Sorry that I couldn’t help more :(

• So today (Dec. 5) the new Hotfix Patch was released! YEY! Hopefully it fixes your problem.

A full list of fixes can be found over here:
    http://www.chivalrythegame.com/blog/archives/1680

I had an issue where it would always prompt for permission to make changes to computer, first time setup would pop up for a second, then the game would start. After I downloaded the update, first time setup actually finished doing its thing, and the game runs fine. Hope it helps you as well.

(Unless your problem is something completely different then I apologize for the false hope :oops: )